Forums
Posted By: Anonymous motocross display team return to Wirral Show - 28th Jun 2009 9:55pm
Freestyle motocross display team return to Wirral Show

THE Bolddog Lings Motocross Freestyle Team are just part of the entertainment in this year’s Wirral Show.

They return to the New Brighton Dips, by public request following an appearance last year, on Saturday and Sunday, July 11 and 12.

Also on the bill are the Merseyside Police Mounted Section, The Black Knights Parachute Team and Yakovlevz Aerial Display Team.

WirrOrleans Jazz Band and Wirral Schools Concert Band will provide the musical entertainment.

Hoping to tickle your funnybone with their comic capers will be Dingle Fingle and Tom and Tilly Turnip.

As well as enjoying the entertainment in the main arenas, visitors will also get a chance to take part in a range of activities, with taster sessions on gymnastics, trampolining, volleyball, athletics, rowing and martial arts, courtesy of Wirral Sports Forum.

There will be demonstrations by members of eight Wirral sports clubs, and members of the public will be invited to join in.

Clubs demonstrating their skills will be West Kirby Gymnastics Club, Birkenhead Trampoline Club, Wirral Athletics Club, Liverpool Victoria Rowing Club, Wirral UKTA Taekwon-Do School, Wirral and Chester Taekwon-Do, Komyokan Aikido Association, and Wirral Volleyball Club which will be running schools tournaments for boys and girls.

Now in its 33rd year, the show regularly attracts crowds of up to 60,000 people at any one time. It is organised by three Wallasey service clubs, Rotary, Lions and Round Table, in partnership with Wirral council. Financial and practical support is being given by Merseyrail.

Michael Emberton, show chairman, told the Globe: "I'm expecting this to be a very very good show weekend with something for all the family.

"I'm hopeful that, with good weather and what promises to be a superb programme, families will be encouraged to bring their children to enjoy the activities in the sports arenas and on the sound stage.

"I also hope that, as a result of visitors enjoying themselves during the weekend, charities will also benefit."

THE GLOBE
© Wirral-Wikiwirral