Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Arrowe Park Hospital: Swine flu case confirmed - 16th Jun 2009 10:24am
Swine flu case at Arrowe Park Hospital confirmed

AN office worker at Arrowe Park Hospital tested postive for swine flu after returning back to work.
[Linked Image]
The Wirral hospital employee was given a positive result for H1N1v (swine flu) infection yesterday after being treated as a “suspected” case and given antiviral medication.

He was cleared to return to work yesterday before being given the postive result.

A spokesman for the Health Protection Agency North West said: “The office worker is not ill, does not have symptoms and is not infectious.

"The patient was told that he could safely return to work yesterday morning because he had recovered from illness and was no longer infectious.

“It was unfortunate that the former patient was not given his positive result for H1N1 infection until yesterday afternoon, after he had returned to work, and we are very sorry if this has caused some anxiety amongst fellow office workers.

"For this reason, we liaised with the hospital’s occupational health staff and asked them to reassure anyone with concerns that it is appropriate for their colleague to be back at work now that he no longer has symptoms.”

THE POST
SHIT! Can I go home now?
looks like i aint leaving me house for a long time now.
not infectious NOW
What about earlier

case of closing the gate after the horse has bolted?
How long does it take? 7-10 days?
Ah well, whatever. I'm down to come in if we ever have a major incident/pandemic raftl
it sounds like one of these zombie shoot em up games the way it's going round.
•People with swine flu are likely contagious for one day before and up to seven days after they began to get sick with swine flu symptoms.

Swine Flu Symptoms
According to the CDC, like seasonal flu, symptoms of swine flu infections can include:

•fever, which is usually high, but unlike seasonal flu, is sometimes absent
•cough
•runny nose or stuffy nose
•sore throat
•body aches
•headache
•chills
•fatigue or tiredness, which can be extreme
•diarrhea and vomiting, sometimes, but more commonly seen than with seasonal flu
Posted By: DavidB Re: Arrowe Park Hospital: Swine flu case confirmed - 16th Jun 2009 11:23am
Normal flu is more of a threat, it kills 6000 people a year in the UK. We may as well be more concerned about being killed by falling elephants.

not good at all that frown
Originally Posted by Station
Normal flu is more of a threat, it kills 6000 people a year in the UK. We may as well be more concerned about being killed by falling elephants.

Still dont fancy having influenza of any nature... these colds everyone gets and claim its flu each year, isnt what influenza is, the truth of the matter is, if you are not on your arse for 3 days (ie. you are not stuck in bed) you have not got influenze.

Getting a bit close to home for my liking.

Fortunately for me, I havent any need to go out the flat, more need to be in it at present, and have about 2 months worth of food and electric thanks to a bit of an over-shop last month haha!!

Ive had a wicked sore throat for a few days and general tiredness and aches, chills etc, though im relating that to the hours ive been working 20+ hours each and every day for the past 10 days.

Oh any my jaw is fooked, not sure if ave broken it or dislocated it aint been able to open it properly for days, only a couple of cm's lol. Is that a symptom lmao!!!!
Sounds like you might have Tetanus there Matt!
Matt - you may have been grinding your teeth in your sleep - that can give you a sore jaw.
Not sore, no pain at all, just wont budge haha! Ive had it since about Sunday, did manage to punch it out once and it seemed okay for a few mins, but starting to do me head in, hard to drink and eat lol, and all I do is eat 50% of the time haha.

Probably just got lazy jaw muscles or summit like the rest of me.
I'd get that checked out with your doctor Matt... omg
Aye a will do sometime, the tossers wont give me an appointment before Friday (they always assume men arnt important, me mum or me sister phone up and the get an appt same day, I phone up and they dont seem to give a damn even if a say its bout me heart they make me wait for days!! Talk about sexist!).

So I cant really be arsed tbh, will see how it goes. Not bothering me physically, just the fact im finding it hard to eat, found though that I can eat big bars of chocolate just fine, so been eating that for the last few days lol.
Just go to Arrowe Park walk-in centre/out of hours or whatever names they are using at the moment - usually 20 to 30 min wait so take a magazine - NOT THAT ONE.
Lmao is VCH out of hours centre still open? Might go there tomorrow evening (got a lot on tonight).

Btw, do you guys really think its that urgent? Aint sore or nout, just a bit annoying lol.
I would personally be worried if my mouth didn't open. Have you hit your head/neck/jaw? Do you have a fever at all? Could be neurological.

Go get them to take a look at you tomorrow - explain what's going on - they might give you an emergency appt. Not sure about Out of Hours at VCH.
Nope, not hit anything, maybe ive just slept the "wrong way"? When I did release it for a few minutes, had to punch it so that hurt, it was all clicky whilst it was free, like everytime id move it, it would click.

That was worse than it is now, cos it went right through me, so thought it was good when it seized again lol, no clicking.
Posted By: Wench Re: Arrowe Park Hospital: Swine flu case confirmed - 16th Jun 2009 6:16pm
VCH is open every night until 10 I believe.

Get it sorted fella!! whippy
Posted By: AR_One Re: Arrowe Park Hospital: Swine flu case confirmed - 16th Jun 2009 10:41pm
Well said Station - I'm glad someone else has pointed that out - how many people die of the normal flu (lots) and how many have died of "la influenca Porcina" (not very many).

It's just this years strain of flu that makes a good news story!
The problem is - what percentage of people that get flu die, and what percentage of people that get swine flu die.

The percentage for swine flu is a lot greater, if it does "get out" and start spreading, there will be a lot of deaths.

Fortunately, with the amount of publicity and controls, the spread has be very well controlled, but this is living life on the edge, the controls are not brilliant so we have to cross our fingers as well.

One other saving grace is that the weather is warmer now than when the flu normally gets around, this would reduce the number of elderly deaths considerably.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral