Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Firefighters cut free woman from Wirral car crash - 31st May 2009 8:27pm
Firefighters cut free woman from Wirral car crash which injured four

FOUR people were injured in a car crash in Liscard, Wirral.

Firefighters had to cut the roof of one car to release a 36-year-old woman who had neck and spinal injuries following the crash on Wallasey Road just before 2pm sat 30th may.

The male passenger, 27, was given first aid at the scene.

The driver of the second vehicle was also assisted by ambulance crews.

All three were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital.

Anyone with information should contact Merseyside Police.

THE ECHO
I do hope everyone is ok
I heard a load of ambulances coming out of Arrowe Park around this time.
It was a new E90 BMW that ran up the rear of a Mk3 Astra...

BMW had very little damage, the Astra however had buckled the roof omg
I'd compo claim the arse off the stupid rich bint !
Originally Posted by StuyMac
It was a new E90 BMW that ran up the rear of a Mk3 Astra...

BMW had very little damage, the Astra however had buckled the roof omg

Must have hit it at a fair few mph to do that think
TBH I think it was the usual old car V new car. I even think the BMW could have driven away....

Prolly less than 30mph in to a stationary car - it was never going to be life threatening...
i saw it before an after the roof got loped off and was actually really surprised they did it as it was only a shunt from what it looked like, guessing the woman wasnt wearing seatbelt huh they both looked like they could atleast pull to the side, i was ranting to my friend saying they should have done and save the polices time and the chaos they where causing could have been stopped, oops

Attached picture P300509_15.04.JPG
Attached picture P300509_15.04[01].JPG
Attached picture P300509_15.04[02].JPG
Thats about what I saw...

Maybe she just wanted to make sure she had good evidence for the whiplash claim... [Linked Image]
you can see from the pictures the roof wasnt buckled and that the drivers door had been opened........did someone forget the child locks where on

one of the people from a local pub was first on scene giving first aid and said the astra just slammed on

you know the bmw driver is going to be held at fault tho
If the BMW has run up the back of the Astra it is clearly their fault as they where either travelling too close, or not paying attention. The Astra driver may have anticipated someone about to run out, and braked - but the BMW should have been driving at such a distance that it could stop in good time - there is no way a Mk3 Astra will out brake a new 3 Series.....

As for the roof being cut off when the door opened, that just overkill. Thats the type of accident where both parties get out of the car, swap details, and both cars should drive away.

..the driver of the Astra must have thought £££££££ and wasted the emergency services time with this palava.

If there is a genuine reason when she couldnt get out of the car, Id like to hear it... think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Firefighters cut free woman from Wirral car cr - 3rd Jun 2009 3:16pm
StuyMac's 1st paragraph says it all. No "ifs" no "buts" The BMW is at fault.

This is scarily similar to what happened to my wife a few years back. She too had an Astra (Estate). She stopped normally at a Zebra crossing. After a second or two Whammo ! She was run into from behind by a cloth-eared bint whose excuse was "sorry - I didn't see you" FFS!!!

The Astra body deformed slightly inward and downward. Enough to make the rear doors very tight. Front doors OK. Car was written off insurance-wise. The police however, couldn't be arsed to turn up as no one was hurt, so the cloth-eared bint got off ! Grrrrrrr !

It would be interesting to know what pathetic excuse the BMW driver comes up with for CAUSING the prang.
A shunt is not always the shunters fault - the Astra could have set off and pulled out right in front of BMW. Quite common in front of shops that people do a quick zig-zag as they take off round parked cars. Combine that with having a glance in your mirrors and you don't stand much of a chance.
FOR SALE Convertible Astra Estate.
LOL
I wonder i she'd still get her £2k for it being over 10 years old?
She might've alleged she had a painful back - in which case she'd have to be lifted up out of the seat and onto one of the flat stretcher things. My mate had the same and he had a numbness in his legs - they wouldn't dare just take you out the side (you can imagine the repercussions of a paramedic crippling someone), they cut the roof off his Mercedes and lifted him out. smile
this is me mate talkin:
"Where theres blaim theres a claim"
enough said !!!!!!!!!!!
Lets face it, that Astra was a write off before they cut the roof off anyways....
maybe you could buy it off them for your 'summer car'?
...theres a big dent in the boot tease
bird bath?
Originally Posted by StuyMac
...theres a big dent in the boot tease

I found out mine had been written off twice. I don't know what the first one was, but second was a rear end collision, but it had been repaired. I actually found out when it was written off for the -third time- due to a scratch on the bumper. Silly insurance companies.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral