Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral band Insanity Beach launch their new album - 2nd May 2009 9:08am
Wirral band Insanity Beach launch their new album next weekend

WIRRAL rockers Insanity Beach are holding a launch party for their eagerly awaited new album at Revolver in Birkenhead next Saturday, May 9.

The event, in the former Hotel California in New Chester Road, promises to be a very special and emotional evening for them.

'Welcome To The Party' will be launched as a limited edition cd, after which it will be only available as a digital download via itunes and other digital outlets.

The album is currently available worldwide at cdbaby.com & the bands new website insanitybeach.co.uk

The band will also pay tribute to former drummer Chris Hooker, who sadly died recently.

Guitarist Ian Cowell said: "Chris was a very well respected man and drummer with many bands over his long & illustrious career and will be missed for a very long time."

His drum seat has been ably filled by another local legend, Garry Ford, who's career has included many great bands including The Real People, who were instrumental in the early development of Oasis.

Garry has toured with many bands including Ocean Colour Scene and Paul Weller, brings his powerhouse rhythms to complete the new Insanity Beach line-up.

The album launch at Revolver will start at 9pm with guests 'jamming with The Beach’ followed by the band playing the new album in its entirety between 11 and 12pm.

A covers set will round off the night of rock anthems. Proceeds from the night and £2 from each CD copy sold will go to Chris’s family. Ian Cowell will also be auctioning one of his guitars.

THE GLOBE
It's going to be a great night so if you can, get yourselves down there!!!
I might go to this J. Post-interview smile
In that case you will get to see and hear me in full flight as I may well be singing grin
If I drank enough I'd be singing too raftl
You can sing along offstage then raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral