Forums
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 9:23pm
Whats going on
just heard it kid where is it about in wallasy ?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 9:32pm
I dont hear anything, where about is it?
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 9:33pm
It's not by mine.
OK here goes just been down there

It's happing in hill croft road off poulton road in wallasy

There is a man on top of the Roof off his head on sum think saying he,s is going to Jump

He is also ripping the roof tiles of the roof and throwing them at the police and there cars on the street .

There is a police car battered and a van with tiles all over it

there is people every were and i can not get near the house pix up in a mo smile
wiki wins again!
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:05pm
Are United Utilities putting something in the water around here!?!?! Everyone's going mental!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:07pm
lol grin
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:08pm
Getting a right old place, we will have to put tanks on the streets to protect the good people of Birkenhead.
right pictures here we go

Attached picture DSCF5767_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5768_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5769_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5772_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5776_640x480.jpg
pix of the street

Attached picture DSCF5773_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5774_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5775_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5777_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5778_640x480.jpg
thats it going back out the choppers gone

lets see the mess

Attached picture DSCF5779_640x480.jpg
you can see the police car window smashed on this 1 and all the tiles on the floor

Attached picture DSCF5778_640x480.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:19pm
hahaha wait till those coppers get him in the back of the van wink Do your rip mate laugh
nice pics dude!
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:21pm
Send him the repair bill I say, save the Tax payer footing it!!
Posted By: marilyn Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:24pm
hope we arent going to lose robbo to one of the national newspapers maybe we should negotiate terms with him now. does our man get any sleep
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:24pm
anyone wanna buy a house in Wallasey Village, Im gettin out of here, the place has gone crazy.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:25pm
Good pics robbo, the man probably had a slate loose.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:25pm
Just let him jump, save taxpayers a bit of money in the long run.

If he wont jump, bring in the marksman......
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:26pm
Originally Posted by marilyn
hope we arent going to lose robbo to one of the national newspapers maybe we should negotiate terms with him now. does our man get any sleep

If the papers don't have tunnels, it's safe to say we won't lose him raftl
lol he is a bad roofer having a good day lol

the choppers back
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:29pm
Think I will change my signature - 'The Violence Of Wallasey'
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:29pm
Originally Posted by WADDI

withthat I worked in the NHS and dealt with people with "real" mental health issues enough to know that the ones that are serious about killing themselves just go ahead and do it! No sitting on top of a roof being a general nuisance and putting other people's lives at risk.

I've been in theatre when we have fought to save the lives of those that jump off buildings, the aftermath is horrific!! It's not a nice way to spend your day.
Posted By: marilyn Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 10:30pm

maybe the thought of doing page 3 photo shoots could tempt him jay,
did mrs robbo find him in a tunnel
its by me now
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Are United Utilities putting something in the water around here!?!?! Everyone's going mental!!
Maybe they put his water rates up!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 11:23pm

withthat I worked in the NHS and dealt with people with "real" mental health issues enough to know that the ones that are serious about killing themselves just go ahead and do it! No sitting on top of a roof being a general nuisance and putting other people's lives at risk.

I've been in theatre when we have fought to save the lives of those that jump off buildings, the aftermath is horrific!! It's not a nice way to spend your day.

deva calls
which one? maria carey?
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th Apr 2009 11:33pm
That's a DIVA not Deva you noodle raftl
soz
im gonna go round there an drag him off if itll shut the copper up i sleep in the attic ffs 2nd night in a row with the choppers, jus all go home an he'll quit wit his lil tantrum
he has just cpme down from the roof smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 1:22am
We have been down there for a while here is a few pictures smile

Attached picture DSCF5795_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5797_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5808_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5809_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5800_640x480.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 1:23am
check this police car damage

Attached picture 1.jpg
Attached picture 2.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5802_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5805_640x480.jpg
[Linked Image]

Best pic of the night by Ste smile yerrr

Well that was an eventful night

Robbo the reporter out smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 2:01am
Roads were silent on the way home, police cars still there and hillcroft still blocked off, no pedestrians anywhere.
Good nights reporting robbo happy
Good reporting, thanks lads. Be interested to know WTF it was all about.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 2:24am
Originally Posted by Shambo
Good reporting, thanks lads. Be interested to know WTF it was all about.

Cheers Shambo, we would too, should be in the papers tomorrow, that chopper must of used about 2k in fuel hovering around.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 8:57am
so thats why there is loads of missed calls of robbo. whippy

great report guys thanks thumbsup camera
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:15am
Just been past there and there cleaning it all up. happy
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:17am
I wonder if any of the neighbours' cars got damaged think I doubt that will go down well whistle
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:22am
Like a war zone -

TWO teenagers have been arrested after slates were hurled off a roof, hitting police cars, after a five-hour stand-off in Poulton, Wallasey, last night.

Merseyside Police have confirmed that a second teenage boy was arrested following the incident in Hillcroft Road.

Officers were making enquiries in the Wallasey area following an assault yesterday afternoon when at around 8.30pm a 15-year-old youth climbed up onto the roof of a property in Hillcroft Road to evade speaking to them.

"He was then joined by a 16-year-old and the pair proceeded to cause considerable damage to roof tiles and a number of vehicles parked in the street," the police said in a statement.

At around 1am today one of the youths voluntarily came down from the roof and was immediately arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage and public order offences.

The other youth came down shortly before 2am and was arrested on suspicion of the same offences.

Both remain in police custody.

Hillcroft Road was cordoned off during the incident and residents were advised to stay in their homes while trained police officers negotiated with the youths.

Many moved their cars to avoid the slate and chimney brick missiles.

But this morning the damage caused is visibly palpable.

One resident told the Globe: "I heard the police helicopter at about 9.30pm and it didn't leave until around 2am this morning.

"I wasn't terrified, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was like a war zone. And just look at the mess."

Another said: "We were frightened and angry. People should not have to live like this."

The road remains blocked off this morning while the extent of the damage is assessed.

No one was injured during the incident.

Three police cars were among several vehicles damaged.

More later.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:25am
How did they get on the roof think
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:30am
Originally Posted by StuyMac
How did they get on the roof think

Looks like there is a Velux in the roof.

Officers were making enquiries in the Wallasey area following an assault yesterday afternoon when at around 8.30pm a 15-year-old youth climbed up onto the roof of a property in Hillcroft Road to evade speaking to them.
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:38am
The offender was white, about 5ft 10in to 5ft 11in tall and stocky build. He had short cropped dark hair and stubble.

He was wearing a dark zip up jacket with a gold Adidas emblem and black combat style trousers, and spoke with a Mancunian accent. "

Doesn't sound like a teenager (apart from the "uniform") - he had stubble.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:46am
The offender was white, about 5ft 10in to 5ft 11in tall and stocky build. He had short cropped dark hair and stubble.

He was wearing a dark zip up jacket with a gold Adidas emblem and black combat style trousers, and spoke with a Mancunian accent. "

Doesn't sound like a teenager (apart from the "uniform") - he had stubble.

I'm a bit confused here PJ isn't this the description of the Man who stabbed the guy in primark?
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:00am
Yes it is angel - it was because people had put the two incidents together.
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:01am
Hi! Just to let you yes it was 2 teenagers, all their 'friends' were on our side of the barrier and police kept telling them to back away as they were just making the situation worse. The boys climbed up through a friend's attic and got through a hole in the roof, the police went up into the attic and thats were the older of the boys mother went to talk her son down and he was arrested. It was about 20-30minutes later that the younger lad was arrested. They were making stupid demands like asking the police to leave and then they'd come down or asking for ciggies and a lighter. I live in a road off Hillcroft and our road was blocked off too, no one was allowed in or out until 2am from just after 10pm, police told us just to stay behind the barrier, one man did go over the barrier and was arrested on the spot. I took a video of the boys on the roof and will upload it later though I'm not sure where to upload it too. Shell

ETA - My mum works in Primark and the security guard is fine, it was a 2 inch wound and he went home yesterday afternoon (I think against doctors advice though) and its believed it may have been a personal attack.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:06am
Originally Posted by Shell88
Hi! Just to let you yes it was 2 teenagers, all their 'friends' were on our side of the barrier and police kept telling them to back away as they were just making the situation worse. The boys climbed up through a friend's attic and got through a hole in the roof, the police went up into the attic and thats were the older of the boys mother went to talk her son down and he was arrested. It was about 20-30minutes later that the younger lad was arrested. They were making stupid demands like asking the police to leave and then they'd come down or asking for ciggies and a lighter. I live in a road off Hillcroft and our road was blocked off too, no one was allowed in or out until 2am from just after 10pm, police told us just to stay behind the barrier, one man did go over the barrier and was arrested on the spot. I took a video of the boys on the roof and will upload it later though I'm not sure where to upload it too. Shell

ETA - My mum works in Primark and the security guard is fine, it was a 2 inch wound and he went home yesterday afternoon (I think against doctors advice though) and its believed it may have been a personal attack.

thanks for that shell wink if you upload your video to youtube you can then post it hear happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 12:09pm
A bit more on it from the echo wink

Cars wrecked in Wirral roof stand-off

A PAIR of teenagers caused havoc as they hurled slates from roofs at neighbours, policemen and cars in a five-hour stand off.

The feud began at about 8.15pm on Hillcroft Road, Wallasey, last night after police officers tried to question a 15-year-old about an assault in the area.

In an attempt to evade police the teenager climbed up through a house before being joined by another 16-year-old.

The pair then ran amok raining slates down on the street below. One police car was “trashed” according to a police spokesman and several other parked cars were badly damaged.

A crowd of up to 50 people gathered on Poulton Road and eyewitnesses reported a police officer suffering head injuries from a slate.

One said: “He was holding his head and looked dazed.”

But police reported no injuries, although three of their cars were damaged.

An ambulance was on the scene at about 12.30am.

Police cordoned off Poulton Road and Hillcroft Road as a negotiator tried to talk the pair down.

Worried grandad Les Farrington, 51, of neighbouring Evelyn Road, told the ECHO his six-year-old granddaughter Leah Williams and her parents were trapped in one of the houses. He said: “The lads have bust their way through a loft hatch in my daughter’s (Debbie Williams) house and asked to go to the toilet.

“The little one was scared and began to cry. I’ve been getting all this on the mobile and can’t do anything because I’m not allowed anywhere near. I feel totally sick.”

At close to 1am, one of the youths voluntarily came down from the roof.

Hillcroft Road residents were advised to remain in their homes until the second youth was removed.

He finally came down shortly afterwards.

Both have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and public order offences.

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 12:18pm
“The lads have bust their way through a loft hatch in my daughter’s (Debbie Williams) house and asked to go to the toilet.

“The little one was scared and began to cry. I’ve been getting all this on the mobile and can’t do anything because I’m not allowed anywhere near. I feel totally sick.”

out of order somad if anythink they need a good slap mad
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 12:36pm
What, shock, horror, two young boys on a roof and the police didn't provide,scaffolding, cat ladder, safety helmet, steel toe cap boots, gloves and eye protection. My God they'll be in trouble now with health and safety, civil rights and liberty.
I think they should be both sent a nice hefty BILL
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 12:53pm
video removed
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 12:57pm
*video removed*
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 2:15pm
Thanks shell, welcome to wiki thumbsup
smile Thanks!

Here's some pictures I took last night and some from this morning too. Shell

Description: Bit blurry but you can see 1 walking along roof and the other lying down
Attached picture 2 on roof.jpg
Attached picture roof.jpg
Attached picture viewfrombedroom2.jpg
Attached picture viewfrombedroom3.jpg
Attached picture hillcroft1.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 3:48pm
Jesus, they have caused a lot of damage to that roof!
I would of got the rifle and started plinking them smile Idiots!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 4:52pm
I thought it might of been the ghost of Rod Hull trying to fix the aerial.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 4:54pm
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
I thought it might of been the ghost of Rod Hull trying to fix the aerial.

Major poltergiest activity omg
Omg! Out at a bbq yesterday and so was 'wiki less and having withdrawals. Log on to find this and the primark story!!! Plod were certainly kept busy
poor little boys, probable come from broken homes and there mummy never use to change there nappies, put them in a nice remand home with 3 square meals a day and lots of telly and games to play with. dont dare shout at them in case they get frightened
my mum said they shudda got the fire brigade an turned the hoses on em that would get them down soon enough. They jus seem like attention seeking little aholes to me, me thinks they should pay off the damage an do some hard supervised graft too, whos for a new roof?
Posted By: marilyn Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 10:05pm
Originally Posted by Lady_Lol
my mum said they shudda got the fire brigade an turned the hoses on em that would get them down soon enough. They jus seem like attention seeking little aholes to me, me thinks they should pay off the damage an do some hard supervised graft too, whos for a new roof?
your mum sounds like a sensible woman lady lol and thanks shell for the pics and video great
people need to stop chatting shit dey no nothing about everyone whos wrote on here were all at the top end of the road we were all down the bottom were his poor mother was none of yous no the half of it so you have all got no right to comment about it you all need to worry about your own shit not other peoples
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:07pm
I would comment on the above post but I can't get to the end of it without running out of breath, can you please edit it and add some puncuation, so I know where to take a breath.
u can still understand it tho cant ya ?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:13pm
Originally Posted by shanicexx
people need to stop chatting shit dey no nothing about everyone whos wrote on here were all at the top end of the road we were all down the bottom were his poor mother was none of yous no the half of it so you have all got no right to comment about it you all need to worry about your own shit not other peoples

Did you mean;

Members of this forum need to stop passing comment on subjects that they do not know anything about, those whom have written that they were at the top of the road, or at the bottom of the road, with the mother of the said crazy person that was on the roof throwing tiles at passers by, you do not have the whole story and therefore would you please refrain from passing judgement. You need to worry about your own problems and allow other people to sort their own problems out.
I mean ...
People need to stop chatting shit they no nothing about, everyone whos wrote on here were all at the top end of the road. We were all down the bottom were his poor mother was. None of yous no the real reason why he was up there in the first place, so you have all got no right to comment about it. You all need to worry about your own shit not other peoples.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:20pm
am sorry but i think we have every right to comment about it. after all its us thats going to pay for what them little tw@ts have done, in are taxs. and then theres the pain and upset for them that live round there.

also welcome to wiki shanice do have fun. smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:25pm
Thank you.

That one full stop between "top end of the road" and "we were all down the bottom" has made your post make a whole lot more sense.
Fair enough , yes THEY have damaged houses and alot of others things but theres no need to [censored] his mum off for it. Other people have got to live in this street aswell and were not all slagging his mother off for it, everyone could clearly see she was trying her best last night.
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:34pm
I believe the fact that it is in the public domain and that thankfully we live in a free country (relatively) and have the right to freedom of speech gives us the right to comment.

I don't believe anybody said anything about either mother. If I am wrong about that, I will hold my hands up and admit it.

were was that other lads mum last night when he was up there. You are all quick enough to say things about the youngest lads family. Werent you?
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:36pm
Im sorry Shancie, but Ive just re-read the whole thread and can only see one reference to the mother and that was saying thats she talked one of the boys down, other than that I see nothing about any family members, so I dont realy know where you coming from with the above post.
Thankyou paganjay.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:36pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
poor little boys, probable come from broken homes and there mummy never use to change there nappies,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:37pm
is a bit harsh.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:39pm
Thats not a direct dig at the family tho is it, it was just one person making a general comment,
No someone had commented saying something like their mothers never fed them and changed their nappies. Bassically saying that the parents had failed them in early childhood. Also Shell88 has posted a video of the young boys were names were being shoated identifying them. The papers arnt allowed to name them because they are minors. Is there any chance that the video can be removed please.
Its not just people on this site to be honest but its so unfair to everyone including the boys because they oviously need help. People just need to remember there was TWO boys on the roofs not just one.
Also Shell88 has posted a video of the young boys were names were being shoated identifying them. The papers arnt allowed to name them because they are minors. Is there any chance that the video can be removed please.

thats sumit i do agree on well spotted thumbsup
I understand, I was aiming it at those people not the website.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:48pm
I wouldnt know about removing it, Im just a simple member, if you're concerned about the content of any of the posts, in the bottom right of each post is a few button, one of them is notify, click the notify button in relevence to the post in question and this will enable you to flag up your concerns with the moderators and admin, who will look at your concerns and decide whether the post needs deleting, editing or if it is ok to stay how it is. At this time if night; this may take a while tho.
Thankyou very much.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 16th Apr 2009 11:52pm
you can tell its late, Im starting to make loads of typo's.

The thing with the vid is, its a personal vid on someones You_tube account and its only here through the way of a link, deleting it from here will not delete it from you_tube.
Thanks for sharing the video shell smile

MOD READ
Posted By: Waddi Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 12:07am
Just watched the vid and Shell can't be held responsible for some random person shouting a name, she never had any intent to name anyone or she would have just typed the name in whilst waiting for all the messing around involved in uploading and coverting videos to you_tube etc.

To be honest I dont think anyone else noticed, as you where the 1st to mention it. But we do have policy that we do not name names until the media does. Like I have said previously click notify on the post with the vid, explain you concern and leave it in the hands of the moderators.
I agree

I think someone needs to look properly into the legal implications of this once and for all.
Who is responsible for what is published on this site because someone is.
Posted By: Mark Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 7:29am
The video is down to where its hosted (You Tube)
You Tube after complaints would simply removed it.
Then it would not be visible on our forums.

You cant be done for factual information.
The video was poor at best implicating anyone as it was
dark and it could have been anyone and anything.

Personally i would have left the video in place and left
it up to shell to remove it from there you tube account.
But as it had been requested to be removed more than once (NOTIFY)
it looks like our moderator deemed it better to keep the
peace.

Members and there accounts are responsible for there comments
on these forums, if asked i would be obligated to hand over
any logs to the authorities. But as were a pretty tight ship
on what gets posted i think were ok on this one.

We work PRO Active to members requests.
We do understand that its local news but we are permitted to
voice our personal opinions about such incidents even if were
not aware of all the facts. If were wrong by jumping the gun
then were wrong but were also going to look stupid jumping the
gun with what if's when found out to be wrong.

Its always difficult but at the very least you have your own
voice to put the correct side of the story over which i think
i a hell of a lot more than what you would be allowed to do
if it was a national news paper.

Just remember people its local news and it could be
you next so spare a thought to your comments wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 9:24am

Did you mean;

Members of this forum need to stop passing comment on subjects that they do not know anything about, those whom have written that they were at the top of the road, or at the bottom of the road, with the mother of the said crazy person that was on the roof throwing tiles at passers by, you do not have the whole story and therefore would you please refrain from passing judgement. You need to worry about your own problems and allow other people to sort their own problems out.

Laughed my testicles off raftl
Lol I'm here 1 day and look at the uproar!

I never intentionally filmed anyone saying that lads name so technically speaking not my fault whatsoever. Everyone who has spoken about what went on - and I mean people who don't even know what really happened - still know the name of one of the lads and that has nothing to do with me, everyone knew this before hand, we were told by other people standing by who he is and had phonecalls off friends saying 'we've heard so-and-so is on a roof' and they all knew too, before I'd taken the video.

On the one hand while I was aware that people would kick off about a name being said in the video, I did not believe for a minute that I was causing any harm, as its not like I instructed police to say his name at that moment and everyone seemed to know who he was anyway.

Just to add I don't have any video editing software compatible with .MP4s as I did look into editing that part out before uploading it, and youtube doesn't seem to have that option either unless I want to play a song over the whole video which would be quite pointless IMO. Also - I could only see 1 post which said anything harsh about the boy's family and to be quite frank while I don't agree with what was said because from what I've heard it is only the son that is like that and his mother has previously asked him to be locked up, I do think they can count themselves lucky worse hasn't been said from the amount of damage caused - even the people with house insurance won't get their properties fixed for free because there are very few policies that cover that level of damage due to riot/people being idiots ripping slates off the roofs. So while the workers amongst us are paying the tax that will clean up the street, buy new police cars, refuel that chopper, etc, most of those people are going to have to fork out for roof work and new cars themselves so I feel quite sorry for them as well as the taxpayers.

Shell
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 10:40am
£100,000-worth of damage after Wirral slate attack

OVER £100,000-worth of damage was caused after two teenagers hurled slates onto a Wirral road.

Petrified families were trapped in their homes for nearly five hours after the 15 and 16 year olds threw slates and chimney pots from roofs at neighbours, policemen and cars.

The pair began the stand-off on Wednesday night in Hillcroft Road, Wallasey, after trying to evade police.

Lisa Symons, 34, went to speak to a neighbour when slates started flying.

She said: “I had to dive into my friend’s house with my three-year-old son – we were all hysterical.

“The street turned into a war zone.

“The boys shouted ‘Get me £10,000, a crate of Stella and a Ferrari’.”

Both youths, who stayed on the roofs from around 8pm to 1am, have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and public order offences.

Poulton councillor John Salter said: “This has caused £100,000- worth of damage, trashing three police and two private cars, as well as the roof damage.

“It is just unbelievable – I’ve never seen anything like it before.”

THE WIRRAL NEWS

somad no no no no somad
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 10:46am
Pfff

If you don't want to be in the media and seen on YouTube then don't act up like this. People will always talk and we are wihin our rights to do so.

I would of posted the video myself if I recorded it ( but shot better tease )
Originally Posted by bert1
Laughed my testicles off raftl

Hope they didn't roll under anywhere difficult to reach! smile

Originally Posted by Shell88
youtube doesn't seem to have that option either unless I want to play a song over the whole video which would be quite pointless IMO. Shell

Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey
Chim chim cher-ee!

or

something by Fiddler on the Roof?

This will all blow over in a few days, just in time for the next controversy over a local news item full of heresay smile

Welcome to Wiki Shell grin
Posted By: AR_One Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 11:29am
"£100,000-worth of damage after Wirral slate attack "

I wonder who's going to end up paying for that - I'm guessing not those responsible
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 11:36am
Originally Posted by AR_One
"£100,000-worth of damage after Wirral slate attack "

I wonder who's going to end up paying for that - I'm guessing not those responsible

withthat
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 11:40am
It will be the same people who will be paying for their accommodation, meals, playboxXstationcubes, dvd's etc if they get custodial sentences yes
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 12:08pm
Can the people with damaged property take out a private compensation summons or whatever its called.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 12:51pm
Originally Posted by _jase_

“The boys shouted ‘Get me £10,000, a crate of Stella and a Ferrari’.”

raftl lol laugh

Comeon, you gotta laugh!
Beer is on everyones list laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 2:49pm
Teenagers cause more than £100,000 worth of damage

Neighbours in Hillcroft Road, Wallasey, were trapped in their homes as the havoc continued through Wednesday evening.
[Linked Image]
Today the great clean up was continuing after roofs and cars – including police vehicles – were wrecked scattering debris everywhere.

Lisa Symons, 34, went to speak to a neighbour when slates started flying off roofs.

She said: “It happened so quickly.

“I had to dive into my friend’s house with my three-year-old son – we were all hysterical.

“The street turned into a war zone and we couldn’t leave the house.

“I was terrified as my husband and other two children were alone in my house.”

Debbie Williams’s roof was badly damaged.

She said: “I saw a pair of legs hanging over the top of the roof and shut the curtains and ran downstairs.

“My six-year-old daughter Leah was hysterical and I was petrified.

“I put earplugs on her to try to stop her crying because the noise was so loud.”

Debbie’s husband Carl, 31, added: “Our daughter is still petrified and keeps asking if the police have caught them.”

Another neighbour, Bill Gibson, was alone in his house at the time of the stand-off as police tried to persuade the teenagers to come down from the roofs.

The 77-year-old, who recently had heart surgery, said: “I heard banging and shouting and thought the roof was going to cave in.

“I felt like I was in the blitz and really started to panic so I had to take my heart spray.

“I’m still a bit shaken up and am worried about getting everything fixed.”

Both youths who stayed on the roofs from around 8pm to 1am have been arrested on suspicion of criminal damage and public order offences.

Poulton councillor John Salter said: “We believe this has caused £100,000 worth of damage, trashing three police and two private cars as well as the roof damage.

“It is just unbelievable – I’ve never seen anything like it before.”

THE ECHO
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 3:05pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
[quote=_jase_]

“The boys shouted ‘Get me £10,000, a crate of Stella and a Ferrari'"

WTF did they think they were going to do at 15 and 16 with a Ferrari and beer think Technically not old enough to drink and not old enough to drive raftl

WTF did they think they were going to do at 15 and 16 with a Ferrari and beer think Technically not old enough to drink and not old enough to drive raftl
lol
that's funny actually J, because isn't that what we were saying last night? If you had sense you'd demand a helicopter, £1m and safe passage to Switzerland to deposit your money - but no these twits ask for Stella - premium chav juice raftl
Originally Posted by Riki_Wirral

lol

............and too old to go across somebody's knee and have their @rse skelped......... or are they???? wink
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 17th Apr 2009 5:45pm
Ferrari and Beer isn't bad, most roofers want an arm and a leg off you
well what's next
Merseyside Police can confirm that a second teenage boy has been arrested following an incident in Hillcroft Road, Wallasey, yesterday (Wednesday, April 15, 2009).

He was then joined by a 16-year-old and the pair proceeded to cause considerable damage to roof tiles and a number of vehicles parked in the street.

At around 1am today (Thursday, April 16, 2009) one of the youths voluntarily came down from the roof and was arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage and public order offences. The other youth came down shortly before 2am and was arrested on suspicion of the same offences. Both remain in police custody.

Hillcroft Street was cordonned off during the incident and residents advised to stay in their homes while trained police officers negotiated with the youths. The road remains blocked off this morning while the extent of the damage is assessed.

No-one was injured during the incident, including police officers. Three police cars were among several vehicles damaged

Mersyside Police News
Youths charged over roof incident

Two Merseyside teenagers have been charged by police after a five-hour stand-off with officers from a roof took place.

The youths, aged 15 and 16, allegedly scaled a house on Hillcroft Road in Wallasey on Wednesday as officers tried to quiz them about an alleged assault.

They were later charged with criminal damage, recklessly endangering life and affray.

The 15-year-old was also charged with possession of an offensive weapon.

Both youths are to appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court.

No police officers were injured, but their cars, along with several other vehicles were damaged.

BBC NEWS
Originally Posted by topofthepops
The youths, aged 15 and 16, allegedly scaled a house on Hillcroft Road in Wallasey

raftl Scaled a house?! Did they think it was Spiderman? raftl
its going to crown court i have heard
Liverpool Echo

Cop punched me in the head claims man, 72

Apr 20 2009 Liverpool Echo

A GRANDAD was allegedly punched in the side of the head and pushed to the floor by a policeman during a five-hour stand-off with a pair of youths.

Terence Warren, 72, was looking after his two grandchildren, aged 10 and 11, last Wednesday night in Hollcroft Road, Poulton, when two teenagers began hurling slates off roofs on to the street.

He said: “I had moved my car so a fire engine could come down the road, and then all hell broke loose.”

Police swarmed the area and cordoned off the road as the youths continued to rip off roofs, smashing the tiles down on to cars from around 8pm to 1am.

Terence, who has an artificial knee, said: “It went quiet at about 11pm and I went out to move my car again, so it wouldn’t get damaged, but was told by a young officer to go back to my house.

“We were just talking normally and I was about to go back into my house when this big sergeant came up behind me and punched me in the side of the head, smashing my glasses, and flung me to the floor.

“He was a giant of a man.

“‘I was shaking like a leaf and was then taken to one side by some other officers.

“I was not allowed to go back to my house to look after my grandchildren.

“I was shaking that much I sat on the floor and all these people came around me to see if I was ok.

“It was ridiculous I wouldn’t have minded if I’d done something wrong.”

Eyewitness, Andrew Quinn, 21, a taxi driver said he was “shocked and appalled” by the incident.

He said: “I saw an old man come out and be smashed over the back of the head so hard that he fell to the floor.”

A police spokeswoman said: "Merseyside Police can confirm that the formal complaint has been received.”

A 15-year-old was charged with criminal damage, criminal damage – recklessly endangering life, affray, assault and possession of offensive weapon and a 16-year-old was charged with criminal damage recklessly endangering life and affray.
that terrible

A GRANDAD was allegedly punched in the side of the head and pushed to the floor by a policeman during a five-hour stand-off with a pair of youths.
Just noticed the Echo spelt the name of the road Hollcroft, so phoned the Echo & the said they will correct it!

Just letting everyone know incase they try to phone the Echo.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 20th Apr 2009 2:48pm
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
that terrible

More police brutality, happens all the time no

I wanna hear what the kids have to say, i can assure you they would of had the s**t kicked out of them no

No doubt the officer in question will get away with it like they ALWAYS do except for if it was caught on video.
They all stick together those type, sad acts shouldn`t be in the force.

Tehhh, and they sack someone just because he was a member of the BNP?

Pricks mad
What the hell is going on?
This man had nothing to do with the crime being committed on the roof!!!!!
Are they starting some sort of competition between constabularies? How many innocent bystanders can you hit this month?
Originally Posted by Robbo_theMan
that terrible

More police brutality, happens all the time no

I wanna hear what the kids have to say, i can assure you they would of had the s**t kicked out of them no

No doubt the officer in question will get away with it like they ALWAYS do except for if it was caught on video.

Pricks mad

here here mate, gobshits. No offence any coppers here, but its the truth wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 20th Apr 2009 6:03pm
that terrible

Pricks mad

withthat withthat withthat

out of fooking order that, mad hope the tit gets more than the sack somad
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 20th Apr 2009 6:48pm
No doubt they`l come up with some story like they always do mad
Poor man, thats BAD. Be interesting to see how this is going to pan out!!
has any 1 heard how many years they got ?
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 25th Apr 2009 5:38pm
They were only at the Mags Court so I would assume it was for committal proceedings. The pair have both been remanded to reappear at Wirral Youth Court at a future date.

Source
Posted By: bucko Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 27th Apr 2009 8:47am
that is fooking terrible. the thing is if you hit him back you would of had about 10 busys jump on yea and then have an assult on a police officer change on yer head. this is the reason why i hate police becuase of how currpt the force is. out of all the police i have met about 2 have been sound and one of them was a CSO (community support officer). if it is the seragent im thinking of he is a dick when i ask him what was going on he just said its none of your business now fooking move on.
To be perfectly honest I don't recall anyone being hit by a police officer, I was outside my house around that time and a man came out of his house and the police shouted to him to get back inside as the boys were headed up that way and still chucking slates, but the idiot carried on like he didn't hear them and about 3 officers were shouting at him to go back inside and he said no I'm moving my car and crossed over the road so 2 ran over and one of them grabbed him and they moved him out of the street after a bit of a telling off. I'm pretty certain thats the same incident as we've had police post letters through to ask about it.
Shell
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 28th Apr 2009 5:10pm
There's conflicting views in what he said and what the taxi driver said too - makes you think think
Two boys plead guilty to rooftop wrecking spree in Wallasey

TWO teenagers who caused £100,000 of damage during a rooftop siege laughed and smiled as they were locked up by the courts.

The 15 and 16-year-olds, who cannot be named because of their age, were sentenced to detention and training after pleading guilty to the drunken Wallasey wrecking spree which saw slates hurled at police cars.

Reacting to being told he would most likely serve just 11 months of his sentence, the younger youth smiled and asked the judge: “Is that all?”

Despite an application by the Daily Post, district Judge Nick Sanders decided not to lift an order guaranteeing the boys’ anonymity.

Wirral Magistrates Court heard that police were first called to Hillcroft Road on April 15 at 7.45pm when a man reported four youths near his back gate.

When he went outside, he was hit by one of the youths with a pair of bolt cutters, drawing blood from his arm and prompting two of the boys to run into a nearby friend’s house, hiding in the loft space.

Prosecuting, Jeremy Decker said: “When the police came to find the boys, they got out on to the roof, leaving police below effectively in a stand-off.

“Slates and coping stones were pulled from the terraced houses and thrown down on to the street.

“A number of cars, including police cars, were damaged and there remain a number of claims for compensation; the full cost is estimated to be at £100,000.”

During the four-hour stand- off their main demand to police negotiators was for more alcohol.

The boys were charged with criminal damage, endangering life and separate offences of burglary and assault.

The boys’ solicitor, Matthew Reynolds, who constantly tried to stop them talking and giggling, said both “could visualise a life outside crime”.

The judge sentenced the younger boy to 22 months in detention and training, likely to result in 11 months custody with good behaviour.

The older boy received an 18-month sentence.

Liverpool Daily Post
Reacting to being told he would most likely serve just 11 months of his sentence, the younger youth smiled and asked the judge: “Is that all?”

somad

All they will learn is that you can do what you like and not get truly punished for it!! They will be back in they system soon enough. They may be able to "visualise a life outside crime" but that's all it will be, a visualisation - a life outside crime involves work and respect no

Why Wirral yobs should be named by judge

May 6 2009 by Paddy Shennan, Liverpool Echo

THEY caused £100,000 damage during a rooftop siege and are classed by police as persistent young offenders.

They laughed their way through court, despite facing serious charges.

And then one of the two teenagers contemptuously asked the judge “Is that all?” when he realised he is only likely to spend 11 months – half his sentence – in detention.

But who are these 15 and 16-year-olds with no respect for the Wallasey community they have continually blighted?

We are sorry, but District Judge Nick Sanders, sitting at Wirral magistrates court, rejected our application to name the offenders who have caused people so much misery.

With the kind of respect which wasn’t shown to him by the teenagers, we suggest this was an error of judgement by Mr Sanders.

It is clear that these yobs are neither troubled by authority nor their sentences – and it is also clear that they do not deserve the protection of anonymity.

But while it may not shame them, they do deserve to be named – more importantly, we, the public, deserve to know their identities.

Liverpool Echo
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 6th May 2009 11:03pm
Whats the big deal in naming them anyway?

Theres nothing you can do about it man no
Whats the big deal in naming them anyway?

Theres nothing you can do about it man no

Maybe the parents will take more responsability - knowing everybody knows their "little gem" of a child has caused so much turmoil!

Also, if they move to another street, which seems very likely for one of them, I want to know if they move into my street or anywhere near me! I'm sure that's how a lot of people feel?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 6th May 2009 11:24pm
I get your point smile
Posted By: Token Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 10th May 2009 11:09pm
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...ecking-spree-in-wallasey-92534-23552613/

knobheads...
where are the parents amongst all of this, and what a great punishment for the little tits. This will set a fine example to all the other young dicks out there who want to cause £100,00 of damage frown
Posted By: bucko Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 11th May 2009 9:54am
i dont see how the parents have any thing to do with it. becuase it is the lads the caused the damage
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 11th May 2009 10:41am
Responsibility and Accountability. The lads are accountable for their actions but the responsibility has to be shared IMO, not just in this case, but in any case of "children" breaking the law or generally making a nuisance of themselves.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 11th May 2009 11:15am
Originally Posted by bucko
i dont see how the parents have any thing to do with it. becuase it is the lads the caused the damage

My parents taught me that it was wrong to attack people with weapons and to sit on roof tops causing 100,000's of pounds worth of damage........oh and that sitting on roof tops is dangerous too.
Posted By: bucko Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 8:06am
yea but if somebody is off their head on pills it dosent matter what the parents teach you. it dosent excuse what happened but i dont think it is the parents fault. thats my opinion
Parents are responsible for their children until they reach 18 years old. If a child is 'off it's head on pills' at 15/16 years old then that is also the responsibility of the parents.
Unless you know something I don't?....................... smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 10:50am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Parents are responsible for their children until they reach 18 years old. If a child is 'off it's head on pills' at 15/16 years old then that is also the responsibility of the parents.

yes withthat

bingo !
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 3:24pm
Must be hard controlling a 17 year old who is six foot three and weighing 18 stone with the devil in him.
lol, If he was brought up well from the start the 6ft monster would not be a problem now.....
build more jails and borstals, bang them all up and then they are off the streets. Never mind all the crap about prison does not work. Bare cells with basic bed and chair, nothing else. At least then they are not causing decent people trouble all the time.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:08pm
Originally Posted by jimbob
build more jails and borstals, bang them all up and then they are off the streets. Never mind all the crap about prison does not work. Bare cells with basic bed and chair, nothing else. At least then they are not causing decent people trouble all the time.

metal bed and chair and no heating smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:11pm
A chair that heats up when you plug it in.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:13pm

and no windows for fresh/cold air smirk

And no windows as to have no contact to the outside world, not even nature or the burds singing smile

And the only water is in the pisspan, 2 meals a day, 3 drinks a day, i`d teach the little barstard devil
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:37pm
"Old Sparky" would bring the re-offending rate down in fine style !
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:44pm
And if any of the namby pamby Human Rights brigade kick off - they can go and bloody well join them!!
And made to wear prison suits and plimsoles not their designer gear!

Attached picture prison suits.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 6:55pm
And madeto wear prison suits and plimsoles not their designer gear!

look at those sandals laugh

[Linked Image]

raftl
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 7:00pm
Pakistani prison guards have the right idea, give em a beating everyday, i`d post a vid but its a tad to much for a family forum grin

and no windows for fresh/cold air smirk

And no windows as to have no contact to the outside world, not even nature or the burds singing smile

And the only water is in the pisspan, 2 meals a day, 3 drinks a day, i`d teach the little barstard devil
right pontins it is then
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 12th May 2009 8:46pm
ha.ha. Brilliant !!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 3:49pm
INSULT TO INJURY: Wirral Council charges innocent residents for vandals' wrecking spree

STUNNED homeowners in a street wrecked by a pair of teenage vandals have been handed a bill by Wirral Council for the clean-up.

Invoices have been sent to nine homes in Hillcroft Road, Poulton, the residents of which lived through a night of hell on April 15 after the youths climbed onto a roof - and then spent five hours pelting police and cars with slates they'd ripped up, as the force helicopter hovered overhead.

The damage caused was estimated to be around £100,000 yet when the pair were locked up earlier this month they laughed throughout the hearing. Neither can be named.

Now the residents say they feel further insulted by the council's decision to charge them for clearing up the debris-strewn road.

The council's director of technical services Dave Green has written to each saying: "I confirm that unfortunately the owners of the properties involved are liable for the costs incurred."

He advises the householders to contact their insurance companies, then adds: "We have decided to split the cost between the owners of all the properties involved in the incident.

"In view of this you will receive an invoice shortly for the sum of £117.33."

Anyone who has trouble paying the fee in full has the option of paying in installments - with interest added - or he will "register a charge against the property until such time as you are in a position to pay", Mr Green adds.

But a furious Alan Ireland, 70, whose roof was damaged during the rampage, told the Globe: “We shouldn’t have to pay this bill and are not going to pay this. It’s not our fault and yet we’re being made to pay for criminal damage.

“We were shocked when the letter dropped through the door telling us that we were going to be charged for the cost of repair.

"There was no suggestion that we would be charged when a council inspector came round to look at the damage.”

His wife Joan, 67, said: “We’re being penalised for something which somebody else has done.

"We’ve lived here for 32 years and never seen anything like this around here.”

Debbie Williams, a mother of one who has had to have the front of her roof and guttering repaired as a result, said: “We’ve all agreed as a consensus that we are not going to pay this bill.

"I can understand if they were charging us for not maintaining our property, but this has been caused by criminal damage.

“We’ve already all had to pay the excess on our own insurance claims and now the council are charging us further for the repairs. It’s just adding insult to injury.”

Leah Fraser, prospective Conservative MP for Wallasey, said: "Does this Council have no shame or sense of justice?

"The residents of Hillcroft Road, let's not forget, are the victims in this case.

"On the one hand, we have the fantastic support of the Anti Social Behaviour Team undertaking a sponsored walk in aid of the victims of this incident and, now, on the other, we have invoices and threatening letters being issued to the victims.

"So much for the Government saying they will make those responsible for crimes repay their victims. Under this council it is once again the law-abiding majority who are expected to pay up."

The youths, aged 15 and 16, were charged with criminal damage, endangering life and separate offences of burglary and assault.

A judge sentenced the younger boy to 22 months in detention and training, likely to result in 11 months custody with good behaviour. The older boy got 18-months.

A council spokeswoman said: "Following the incident on Hillcroft Road, on April 16 the council responded to an emergency situation which required the area to be cleaned up, made safe and secure for residents.

"It is standard practice in all cases that the council recovers the costs incurred for these operations.

"The council is in contact with the house owners and in the first instance suggests residents contact their insurers.

"Any householders experiencing difficulties are encouraged to contact the council to resolve difficulties."

THE GLOBE
Has the council completely lost its marbles as well as finances?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 4:53pm
raftl
I think in the case of the pensioners being charged this should be brought up as a case of elder abuse. The council are harrassing elderly people for money!
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 5:13pm
I know what doors I'D be knocking on for the money!!!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 5:33pm
I think this is a total disgrace and have just sent this email to my councilor and would encourage and hope other wiki members do the same.

Dear Madam

I refer to a recent article in the Wirral Globe (copy enclosed) concerning the charges to residents of Hillcroft Rd Wallasey following criminal damage carried out by 2 youths. I think it is utterly disgraceful that the residents should have to pick up this bill, and if anything, any monies should be claimed back from the 2 youths who perpetrated this crime.

I trust you will see the injustice in this and hope you will be like-minded as the rest of the Wirral ratepayers and have these charges to the residents dismissed.

Thanking you
omg, Thats outragious, wtf is happening, first they pretty much let the [censored] go, then bills the people who's property gets wrecked. I'm loosing all respect for this contry etc etc, MP's claiming for 100's of thousands of pounds for swimming pools and house keeping cost. F u c king sux big time.
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 10:03pm
We have decided to split the cost between the owners of all the properties involved in the incident.

Methinks you should split the cost between the families of those responsible!

I believe the problem will be that those billed are homeOWNERS and not tenants - they have different responsibilities when it comes to repairs etc. It will (or should) all be in the leasehold from when they bought their property. Not sure if some insurance companies will pay out to be honest - but it's worth a try.

Any homeOWNERS on here - word of advice...check your leasehold/freehold details for what YOU are responsible for. It usually includes things like walls, fencing, drains, sewage etc. Best to be safe than sorry.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 10:15pm
Come on guys you cant blame the parents for what the kids did.

I was a git when i was a kid and my mum and dad were stuck up!

Absolute bollocks wink
Could the homeowners argue that the damage that occurred after the police arrived (or even reported to police) cannot be billed to them on the grounds they are paying the council/police to prevent the damage.

The council/police can't take your money then blame you for their incompetance in providing the service you payed them for.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 13th May 2009 10:31pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Could the homeowners argue that the damage that occurred after the police arrived (or even reported to police) cannot be billed to them on the grounds they are paying the council/police to prevent the damage.

The council/police can't take your money then blame you for their incompetance in providing the service you payed them for.

Thats a very good point DD happy

Makes sence, but i think they would come up with some excuse to get by the responsibility.
smile
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 12:48am
Standard practice it may be but what does the law have to say about it ? I can not believe this is legal but if it is I demand the right to defend me, mine and my property by whatever means necessary.

Oh and ...how is it that any householder is liable for cleaning up the street ? I would have thought that such is technically outside the boundaries of their property and - under any other circumstances that I am aware of - not the householders responsibility ?

I find this so bizarre. Are we headed to the day where if a knife is stolen from your kitchen and used to stab someone that it is ultimately YOUR responsibility to pay any damages to the victim or even serve a prison sentence ? Since you owned the knife in the first place you should have made sure you didnt get burgled... ?

Where does it all end ? Personal responsibility has died a death in this gods-forsaken country and the pass-the-buck mentality is going to some frankly scary places. It really has to stop.
Come on guys you cant blame the parents for what the kids did.

I was a git when i was a kid and my mum and dad were stuck up!

Absolute bollocks wink

Ste - Yes I can blame the parents.
Yes I agree that parents canot watch over their kids 100% of the time. But...............
If you had ended up in court as a kid, I'm guessing you would have shown remorse for the trouble that you had caused and fear for the trouble you were going to get off your parents.
These kids have shown no respect for anyone else or their property - that was shown by their reaction to their sentence. It's that attitude the is shown / taught by parents to their children.
got to agree with you there softy.

Soz ste old buddy frown
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 10:04am
I suppose its the easy way out blaming the parents or parent for a child turning out a sod, but how do you explain one child going astray and the other two or three children in the family being decent and upright citizens. I have to say i've come across many a family like that in my time and there is no way i would bring blame on the parents then.
Council again!!!

FAIL !!!!
Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 10:46am
DD - I very much doubt it. You can hardly blame the Police or the Council for what these 2 did.

Jubbly - that will be the law I'm afraid, not just standard practice. If it's in your leasehold deeds for your property then it is set in stone. That's why not long ago a homeowner was sued when their wall fell on a child. It's just the way it is.

I personally don't think it SHOULD be the homeowners that pay for the clean up.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 11:16am
DD -

Jubbly - that will be the law I'm afraid, not just standard practice. If it's in your leasehold deeds for your property then it is set in stone. That's why not long ago a homeowner was sued when their wall fell on a child. It's just the way it is.

I personally don't think it SHOULD be the homeowners that pay for the clean up.

I appreciate what you are saying but I do not accept the analogy given. A wall falling on the child would be the responsibility of the householder given a failure to maintain THEIR property. Since the roof tiles were literally ripped off and thrown around the street by someone else the question of liability is debatable. I would be very surprised if the deeds to my house contained precise instructions regarding the eventuality of criminal damage by a third party, irrespective of seperate insurance policies.

Where the householder failed to maintain the wall and it fell on a child then yes it is irrefutably the householders responsibility given that it is in fact part of their property.

Maintenance of the property was not a factor here. The householder could not reasonably be expected ( and I strongly suspect is not legally obligated) to anticipate and prevent someone climbing onto their property, ripping it to pieces then throwing it around the street.

In any event it clearly needs full clarification. If it IS legal I want to know HOW exactly and then full details of what I am supposed to ( or legally allowed to) do to prevent the same thing happening to me.

I am sick of bearing the legal, financial and moral responsibility of those raised and frankly encouraged to behave like animals. It is long since time to hand such right back at them and enforce it if necessary.

Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 11:19am
I agree with you 100% Jubbly!! Don't shoot the messenger sorry I didn't write the Laws.

All I can suggest is that you check your deeds and insurance policy small print.
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 12:49pm
Yikes, PaganJay, I re-read my post and accept I came across as having a personal pedantic rant at you in particular there. That is not what I intended at all. Please accept my apologies smile

Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 1:12pm
Hey Jubbly - no need to apologise wink Always nice to see passion as opposed to apathy laugh
I believe that this is a sign of the times we live in. Because we have inherited this 'someone must be to blame and therefore pay' attitude from the states - the only winner is ever the insurance company.

Let me say that I do not agree with these householders having to pay but..............
The council are in a no win situation as if they foot the bill there are those who will say that is wrong. The council will claim off their insurers who will say 'we're not paying out, it's wasn't your fault. If the council claim off no one then we all end up paying for it in with our council tax. It is possible that the householders insurance won't agree to pay out either without trying to claim from the boys or their parents.
The guys that will loose out will be the guys who don't have any insurance the will either have to pay out or fight their own corner.
What would be really great would be the immediate neighbours holdimg some kind of fund raising to get the money together which would also show a united front against the boys involved.

Sorry for the ramble!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 6:55pm
As ratepayers we should expect our streets to be cleaned up by the council, regardless of how the rubbish got there. It is then up to the council to retrieve the cost by taking the person or persons through the appropriate channels to retrieve the said cost. They do this with fly tippers etc, they don't expect the closest resident to pay the bill.

What would be really great would be the immediate neighbours holdimg some kind of fund raising to get the money together which would also show a united front against the boys involved.

That is a great idea! We need something in which decent poeple can show how they feel about hooligans like these two little twerps!! happy
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 14th May 2009 7:40pm
Though your intentions are admirable, at any given time this council clean up after fly tippers whether it be builders rubbish or household rubbish, eg discarded couches etc, which are all dumped illegally and a criminal act so why is cleaning up after those two sods any different. If you want to show support for those residents you should get on to your MP or councilor.
Posted By: Token Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th May 2009 8:48am
Personally I think we should get into the lad's houses, flog everything they own and use THAT cash to pay for it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th May 2009 9:08am
Has anyone thought of trying to get someone from Wirral Borough Cretins, sorry Council, to do an interview on local TV about this? It would be good to see them try and justify the charging of innocent residents.

Oh to see someone from WBC squirm under "robust" interviewing.

It would however be quite acceptable to see them squirm as they "fell" under the front of a passing steam roller. Trouble is.... who would be charged to scrape the gunge up ?? Forget that.
I was thinking of sending the story to the Daily Mail - knowing that they would have a field day with it raftl Oh and mention them selling our town hall off too raftl
Originally Posted by MissGuided
I was thinking of sending the story to the Daily Mail - knowing that they would have a field day with it raftl Oh and mention them selling our town hall off too raftl

Go girl!!!
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 15th May 2009 10:27pm

That is a great idea! We need something in which decent poeple can show how they feel about hooligans like these two little twerps!! happy

An online forum perhaps ? tease
Originally Posted by Jubbly

An online forum perhaps ? tease

That would be good but I personaly wouldn't know how to start one?
Posted By: bucko Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 18th May 2009 9:44am
i probably do know somwthing you dont.

So?? I don't understand why you just say that - I think a lot of people do but can't post it on here!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 18th May 2009 12:43pm

I don't know anything you don't know.

And I know fook all.

Does anyone know?
The daily mail idea sounds great! I was interviewed years ago by them after they 'saw' an interview i did in the echo. (No,im not a 'c' celeb, i had a rare heart condition)
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 19th May 2009 11:28pm
Random useless info...but...the merseyside police website helicopter logs do not show any mention of this incident. How odd.
Source: Wirral Globe

Council leader gets vandalism 'fines' waived after Globe reports Hillcroft Road residents' anger.

Council leader Steve Foulkes has ordered a plan to charge innocent householders for the clean-up of a road wrecked by teenage vandals to be scrapped, after it was exposed in last week’s Globe.

Cllr Foulkes said he believed civil servants at the town hall had gone into ‘automatic mode’, when they sent out bills for £117.34 to nine homes in Hillcroft Road in Poulton, Wallasey.

The invoices were for the cost of an outside contractor to clear the road, which was strewn with debris after two teenagers spent five hours evading police by sitting on a roof throwing torn off slates below.

The residents were stunned to the get the bills, and after the Globe printed their outrage on last week’s front page, Seacombe Labour ward councillor Adrian Jones and his party leader Cllr Foulkes demanded it be scrapped.

“I was contacted by a resident, and I took a personal interest in the matter,” said Cllr Foulkes.

“The officer concerned had gone into automatic mode and followed prodecure, but we’ve now reconsidered. What happened to the residents of Hillcroft Road that night was horrific, and in light of that we are prepared to waive the bill.

“The best thing to come out of these unfortunate events is that two young people have been caught, prosecuted and locked up.

“But it was a horrific that night, and as the Globe put it so aptly last week, we have no intention of adding insult to injury. Anyone who has received a bill will shortly receive a letter saying the bill has been waived.”

Posted By: Wench Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 20th May 2009 1:54pm
clap At last the Council get something right!!
Well Done Wirral Council clap clap
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 20th May 2009 3:22pm
And now they should get the money back off the 2 sods, even if it takes years.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 21st May 2009 12:22pm
Shadow minister calls for more action to tackle anti-social behaviour in Wirral

SHADOW Home Secretary Chris Grayling called for more powers to help tackle anti-social behaviour in Wirral.

The Conservative MP met residents from Hillcroft Road in Poulton, whose roofs were damaged by teenagers during a seven-hour rampage on April 15, during the meeting on Wednesday afternoon.

He was told that the homeowners had been charged £117.34 by the council to clean up the wreckage left by the vandals. This week council leader Steve Foulkes ordered that the bills were scrapped.

Welcoming this move, Mr Grayling told the Globe: "This should never have happened in the first place and I'm glad that the council has reached an agreement on that issue.

"The one thing we mustn’t have is innocent people becoming victims of crime and anti-social behaviour and footing the bill themselves.

"So when we possibly can we have to make sure this doesn’t happen. But most importantly, we have got to stop such incidents of anti-social behaviour like this happening in the first place.

"I'm spending a lot of time putting my ear to the ground and talking to people who have experienced anti-social behaviour and criminality. Sadly, the Hillcroft Road residents’ story is not unique, and it’s a sign that we've got a big job ahead of us."

Debbie Williams, whose roof and guttering was damaged during the incident, said: "We had a chance to air our views on anti-social behaviour and to maybe get some points across.

"Hopefully these points will be taken on board by Mr Grayling, so that policies will be put in place that are tougher on young offenders so that people don’t have to go through what we went through.

"I think the fact that Mr Grayling has come and seen us while he was in the Wirral, he didn’t have to, shows that he is supportive of our campaign and will, hopefully, help make a difference."

THE GLOBE
Posted By: delta6 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 21st May 2009 12:45pm
is this related somehow?
hmmm i wonder!!!
http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...-of-son-s-bad-behaviour-100252-23678175/
Posted By: bert1 Re: Wallasey - Hillcroft blocked off - Man on Roof - 21st May 2009 12:48pm
Originally Posted by delta6

I think it will be.
Yes, I can confirm (if I am allowed to say it in the forum) that it is connected.

2007, she got a warning about a resident in her household!

You need to scroll down the page to see the article
CASE 5: POSTPONED EVICTION ORDER - WALLASEY

CASE 5: POSTPONED EVICTION ORDER - WALLASEY

Action was taken against Jane Howell of Hillcroft Road, Wallasey following allegations of alleged anti-social behaviour by a resident at her home, who cannot be named for legal reasons.

Notice was served on the 32-year old tenant of Wirral Partnership Homes for eviction proceedings against her to be commenced.

At Birkenhead County Court on November 7, 2007, Howell was issued with an eviction order suspended for two years on condition that her tenancy agreement is complied with in relation to anti-social behaviour and criminal activity.

The eviction order remains in force until November 7, 2009. If breached, Howell and her family risk eviction from their home.

Quotes:

Brian Simpson, Chief Executive of Wirral Partnership Homes: "These actions again show that we are a responsible landlord, taking action to protect communities against anti-social behaviour. It is a very small minority of our tenants who engage in anti-social behaviour but we are committed to robustly dealing with that behaviour as and when it occurs".

Caroline Laing, Manager of Wirral Anti-Social Behaviour Team: "Unacceptable behaviour will continue to be challenged and dealt with to protect communities. I hope these actions give Wirral Partnership Homes' tenants added confidence to report anti-social behaviour in the knowledge that it will be responded to."
© Wirral-Wikiwirral