Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wonky yellow lines to be relaid by Wirral Council - 15th Apr 2009 5:09pm
Wonky yellow lines to be relaid by Wirral Council

A SET of double yellow lines are to be relaid by Wirral Council because the workmanship was so shoddy.

The lines appeared recently on the junction of Tollemache Street and Albert Street in New Brighton.
But instead of causing any grumbles of discontent at more parking restrictions, they have instead been the source of much hilarity in the town.

One resident told the Globe: "They look absolutely ridiculous.

"It looks like they’ve been painted on by hand by someone who’s enjoyed a 'long lunch'!

"I always thought they used some kind of special machine to lay down the lines to ensure they were correctly spaced out.

"It's a shame I didn’t see them painting them because looking at the results it must have been something of a comedy show."

New Brighton Conservative Councillor Sue Taylor was told about the wonky lines and immediately contacted the council's Streetscene department to see who was responsible.

"What a mess," she told the Globe. "Is this the standard of work Wirral taxpayers should expect?

"I have emailed Streetscene asking for an explanation and who did the work.

"We’re supposed to make sure that we wring the best value for money out of every penny of people's money we spend as a local authority.

"Clearly in this case we’ve failed. The lines are very funny to look at it, but it's bad advertisement for our workmanship."

A Wirral Council spokesman said: "This standard of work is unacceptable.

"We will be investigating to ensure this does not happen again and will ensure that the error is rectified."

THE GLOBE
this looks like a job for the chuckle brothers!
Take them to the Tate, you'll have thousands queuing up to see them.
raftl _________-__------_____
They are funny, I walk past these every day. It would probably help if the surface was flat to start with think
lol Now that is funny raftl lol

If you're going to contract work out, you have to expect work that has been done by workers who only really care about getting paid. I'd be embaressed if I did that!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral