Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 7:56pm
AM GOING TO TAKE A LOOK camera

shit caps lock
Posted By: Wench Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 7:56pm
Wel it's nothing to do with me - I was busy looking for my pulling pants raftl

Posted By: MissGuided Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 8:03pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
Wel it's nothing to do with me - I was busy looking for my pulling pants raftl

depends if you lost them on poulton rd and some poor unsuspecting old person just found them and collapsed...
Posted By: Wheels Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 8:04pm
Go Jase gooo!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 8:43pm
someone been stabbed, heard someone went in to a house battered who was in there and stabbed one of them. and the name xxxxx. see how true it is when it hits the news wink

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: marilyn Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 9:09pm
wikkiwirral first on the scene again well done jase
Posted By: biscansplums Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 9:14pm
holy sheet, makes me glad that we don't live anywhere like that anymore.
Posted By: Wheels Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 9:20pm
frown wonder who? why?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 9:31pm
i blame the weather - its been mild today, bit of sun always encourages people to get on the beers. not saying that beer = stabbing but...
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 10:25pm
i was there just before you Jase lol pix up in sec smile

Originally Posted by MissGuided
i blame the weather - its been mild today, bit of sun always encourages people to get on the beers. not saying that beer = stabbing but...
Dont Blaim the beer,s miss G
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 10:39pm
PIX

Attached picture DSCF5558_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5561_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5562_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5563_640x480.jpg
Attached picture DSCF5560_640x480.jpg
Posted By: MissGuided Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 10:41pm
bit blurry robbo - were you running away when you took them?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 12th Apr 2009 10:56pm
My mate was mugged the other week just off Poulton Road. It's getting rough in that area.
Posted By: Wench Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 13th Apr 2009 1:30am
ope its not serious and he rcovers well. forgive me cos i'm mullered but there was also an icindent by me this eveing - some lad tryin to glasssing anohter lad. started with him throwwing a glass at him. saw him and thoght he wa s up to no good but carried on wlking thankfully. 2 secondes earlier and he's have hit me with teh glass!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 13th Apr 2009 6:41am
ope its not serious and he rcovers well. forgive me cos i'm mullered but there was also an icindent by me this eveing - some lad tryin to glasssing anohter lad. started with him throwwing a glass at him. saw him and thoght he wa s up to no good but carried on wlking thankfully. 2 secondes earlier and he's have hit me with teh glass!

Hmmm think
Bet you were in the OAK !

Thats normal darlin wink

Hic! wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 13th Apr 2009 6:44am
Come ere & i`ll give you a big hug laugh *Mmmm Hug*
Posted By: Wench Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 13th Apr 2009 1:15pm
Ste - that was before I even got past New Brighton. Surprisingly, there was no trouble in the Oak. Mind you, I was possibly too mullered to notice. Ooops! As for the hug - errrrm thanks, but give Ste back!! raftl
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 13th Apr 2009 9:06pm
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 12:10am
has any one found any new news on this yet ??
Posted By: jonno40 Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 6:33am
Just done a local news search and nothing.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 7:02am
Am I the only person round here that feels really uncomfortable with 'gossip' being posted as local news?
Posted By: Mark Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 7:27am
Were watching the Local news Threads Closely Softly.

With it being local there is always a chance that we will get it before the papers, just by the nature that we all live all over
the Wirral.

It is a delicate one but if we didn't do it someone else would.

But Local News is that "Local News"
There's no smoke without fire.

We are careful not to use names of people until the story is
confirmed.

Hope that helps Mark
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 10:38am
Mark - Thanks for reply
Cut & pasted from earlier in the thread:

Someone been stabbed, heard someone went in to a house battered who was in there and stabbed one of them. and the name xxxxxx. see how true it is when it hits the news wink

I'm not trying to be a pain in the @rse - honest!!

Posted By: Wench Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 10:59am
If Jase could cite his source, maybe it could clear things up i.e. was it merely heresay from a source unnamed or was it from a Police Officer or other Emergency Service personnel?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 11:14am
the info i got was from the sister.

[Linked Image]

i would not put it up if i did not think it was true. if the info is wrong i will hold my hands up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 11:16am
If Jase could cite his source, maybe it could clear things up i.e. was it merely heresay from a source unnamed or was it from a Police Officer or other Emergency Service personnel?

the sister was right by me jay crying her eyes out telling me and three others.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 11:28am
I'm honestly not having a 'pop' at anyone on here. I'm just saying how uncomfortable I feel at info being posted on a public forum which is not from any official source.
Jase I'm not doubting you for one second you have to believe me on that.
I love Wiki site and think it is a great source of local info and community spirit and would hate to see anything happen to it.
It's not my site and I have to answer to no one about what is published and what isn't. My comments have the best interest of Wiki at heart and if everyone else considers me to be in the wrong by expressing my concerns then I will keep them to myself in future.

verysorry
Posted By: Peachy Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 11:36am
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
It's getting rough in that area.

Its always been rough round here. I've lived off poulton road for 17 years, and had a kills in my road when i was younger. Moved house now.
Its more rough were them pictures are taken, more towards seacombe, i'd never walk alone round there late at night.
Posted By: Wench Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 11:56am
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
I'm honestly not having a 'pop' at anyone on here. I'm just saying how uncomfortable I feel at info being posted on a public forum which is not from any official source.
Jase I'm not doubting you for one second you have to believe me on that.
I love Wiki site and think it is a great source of local info and community spirit and would hate to see anything happen to it.
It's not my site and I have to answer to no one about what is published and what isn't. My comments have the best interest of Wiki at heart and if everyone else considers me to be in the wrong by expressing my concerns then I will keep them to myself in future.

verysorry

Softy - it's the members that make the site what it is so don't ever feel that you have to keep your concerns or opinions to yourself!! Anyone who reports events that are going on around the Wirral does not do so with any malice, generally as a rule, sources of information are cited and first hand accounts. I'd say 99% are handled with care as they are sensitive and affect locals, some of whom post on here. I know that first hand from a story from last year where I was present when the Police asked someone to identify the body. I refrained from posting on that and avoided the topic as it was far too close to home. Some members knew about that and were nothing but respectful.

Unfortunately, due to the very nature of the site, and I'm sure Mark will correct me if I am wrong, the majority of incidents that hit here as they happen so to speak, are local and may be people we either know or love. When things concern people we care about, it is dealt with in a dignified and respectful manner. I don't think any of us wish to upset those close to the individuals that are concerned in any incident.

What I am trying to say is keep posting Softy!! You, and everyone else are what makes us a "family" on here!!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 12:02pm
maybe we should have some very simple ground rules e.g. not mentioning names.

I guess its a controversial subject, always will be.
Posted By: uptoncx Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 14th Apr 2009 4:07pm

From Wirral Globe 14th April 2009

Witness appeal launched
4:43pm Tuesday 14th April 2009

By Craig Manning ยป

POLICE are appealing for witnesses after two men were injured during an incident in Wallasey on Easter Sunday.

Shortly after 7pm, officers were called to a property on Poulton Road following reports of a fight and found two men, aged 25 and 18, with injuries.

The men were taken to hospital and received treatment for injuries believed to have been caused by a bottle or a glass.

None of the injuries were classed as life-threatening.

They were discharged from hospital on Monday, April 13, after receiving treatment.

Four men have been charged with affray and a 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of a public order offence.

Jamie Lee Casey, 18, of Windsor Close, New Ferry, Paul Mark Casey, 18, of no fixed abode, Kane Lawrence Towers, 23, and Lee Russell Towers, 25, both of Poulton Road, Wallasey have all been charged with affray and have been remanded in custody.

They were due to appear at Wirral Magistrates court today.

The 16-year-old boy has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

Enquiries into the incident are ongoing.

Detectives are urging anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information to call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 3:56pm
I hate it when stories refer to Poulton and Seacombe as 'Wallasey' - they should make it totally seperate!!!

I live in Wallasey but nowhere near these areas and have never (touch wood) seen ANY trouble like this. Having said that (I live towards the Grove Road end of Warren Drive) the ... seems to be rapidly spreading and you tend to see a lot of shite around Wallasey Village now - you never used to.

I certainly will never find a reason to drive into Poulton.

"Poulton, New Ferry and no fixed abode" - surprise me.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 4:16pm
Originally Posted by Alex85
I hate it when stories refer to Poulton and Seacombe as 'Wallasey' - they should make it totally seperate!!!

I live in Wallasey but nowhere near these areas and have never (touch wood) seen ANY trouble like this. Having said that (I live towards the Grove Road end of Warren Drive) the ... seems to be rapidly spreading and you tend to see a lot of shite around Wallasey Village now - you never used to.

I certainly will never find a reason to drive into Poulton.

"Poulton, New Ferry and no fixed abode" - surprise me.

Unless its the Poulton here in Spital... Lovely Place laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 5:21pm
Speechless!
Not everyone is bad, y'know!
Posted By: daisy_kat Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 5:40pm
i just want to say that i recently moved to a road just off poulton road quite close to where this took place. my neighbours are so friendly and quiet and i really enjoy living here. i just want people to know that there are still a good few decent people living here.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 5:53pm
Hear hear daisy kat and welcome to wiki!
Im still annoyed....grrrrr
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 5:58pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Speechless!
Not everyone is bad, y'know!

Originally Posted by daisy_kat
i just want to say that i recently moved to a road just off poulton road quite close to where this took place. my neighbours are so friendly and quiet and i really enjoy living here. i just want people to know that there are still a good few decent people living here.

We know that ladies, its the few blunt blades in the rack that spoil it for the sharp ones wink

Welcome to wiki smile
Posted By: Waddi Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 8:06pm
Im a Wallasey Village resident but not a wallasey native and I thought Leasowe and Moreton were still Wallasey aswell.

To be honest why is Seacombe, Egremont, Poulton, Liscard, New Brighton still refered to as Wallasey, surely they are established and populated enough to hold their own as a town, the same as moreton has.

The area of Bebington includes Port Sunlight and Spital but they dont use the bebington name.

Wallasey should just refer to the Wallasey Village and close surroundings, would even contest that the Grove road end of Warren drive to either be Liscard or New Brighton.

Nothing against these other area's just helps to be specific when talking locations, its like when someone rings up radio city and they say where you from and they reply Liverpool, gee george. Its a large area can we have a bit of clarity.
Posted By: jimbob Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 8:51pm
You can go back to the 1950s and anybody who lived the other side of the docks from Birkenhead where reffered to as living in Wallasey.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 9:37pm
i live down the road from this an have lived on grove road wallasey, warren drive new brighton and manor road liscard and till now i would quite happily wander about poulton at night alone on my way to places or home but i wouldnt on grove road due to the rapes and suicides or manor road due to violent people, perminante car crashes and shootings where as on warren drive your parked car isnt safe from hit and runs and break ins so why is it that for the first time in as far as i can remember something happens round here it sticks and everywhere else its ok
an if we're getting pedantic about boundaries i live in somerville
Madness is starting in the poorest areas and pretty soon itll be everywhere no jobs no money nothing good an no moral what did people expect to be the outcome?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 16th Apr 2009 9:50pm
Originally Posted by WADDI
Im a Wallasey Village resident but not a wallasey native and I thought Leasowe and Moreton were still Wallasey aswell.

To be honest why is Seacombe, Egremont, Poulton, Liscard, New Brighton still refered to as Wallasey, surely they are established and populated enough to hold their own as a town, the same as moreton has.

The area of Bebington includes Port Sunlight and Spital but they dont use the bebington name.

Wallasey should just refer to the Wallasey Village and close surroundings, would even contest that the Grove road end of Warren drive to either be Liscard or New Brighton.

Nothing against these other area's just helps to be specific when talking locations, its like when someone rings up radio city and they say where you from and they reply Liverpool, gee george. Its a large area can we have a bit of clarity.
i have often wondered about this? 'wallasey' is too large. I was under the impression that the post office changed 'it' about 15 years ago, around the time our postcode changed to 'ch' ?? Might be wrong....
Posted By: Jubbly Re: stabbing on Poulton road.... - 17th Apr 2009 12:45am
Originally Posted by Peachy_Pud
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
It's getting rough in that area.

Its always been rough round here. I've lived off poulton road for 17 years, and had a kills in my road when i was younger. Moved house now.
Its more rough were them pictures are taken, more towards seacombe, i'd never walk alone round there late at night.

I disagree thats its always been rough round here. I live off Poulton Road close by to where this incident and the Hillcroft Road incident recently reported occurred. Born and raised in Seacombe and Wallasey for (just) over 40 years so I've seen lots of change in social behaviour - including my own.

I was never afraid to walk through central park in the dead of night after dancing my socks off and a couple of 50p glasses of stella in Christys. Now I would think twice before going down the road to the shop - stone cold sober - for a pint of milk after it gets dark.

I would hazard a guess that in the last twenty years or so my generation (unfortunately) seem to have bred an entire army of workshy drug/alcohol addled antisocial w*nkers who are in turn breeding their own litters of same. The law is a joke when dealing with these kind of people and so they flourish.

Having said that there are still plenty of the old-school variety of conscientious and law abiding parents too that almost manage to avoid them - for now. Perhaps one day some balance will be restored but frankly I think it could go either way.

Sorry about the rant and yeah its late - two nights lost sleep in the last 48 hours because of the damn police helicopter - and this kind of thing encourages me onto my soapbox smile

**steps off**
© Wirral-Wikiwirral