Forums
Posted By: MissGuided House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 1:31am
I heard some loud bangs earlier and thought it was the wind. blowing stuff around. Just woken up now and could see flashing light through the blinds. Lifted them to find police and ambulance on the front - then went to look out bathroom windows - 3 fire engines parked up - all with their lights flashing.

Then I realised there was smoke billowing out of the back of one of the houses on Tulip Avenue!!!!

Can't figure out what's happened - maybe the bangs were related?

Will update if I find out (resisting walking out into street in pjs to ask a policeman raftl )

Unmarked police car has just turned up - now that's a bit odd for a house fire.

Road is closed off by police van now.

I'm signing off - this has been me reporting for the Junior Gazette!

Attached picture 2009_04080078.jpg
Attached picture 2009_04080080.jpg
As the sun rose over tulip avenue all that is left this morning is a single police car with its engine running. The upper front bedroom window is smashed with a ladder coming from it into the front garden and a blackened area around it. Hope everyone is well and safe this morning.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 8:21am

Attached picture DSC01588.JPG
Posted By: ponytail Re: OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 8:45am
This looks horrific, hope no one was seriously injured. The bang noise could have been gas (or windows exploding).
Posted By: MissGuided Re: OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 8:47am
gloria - i think they must have been ok because the ambulances weren't in a hurry to leave.
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 10:03am
Originally Posted by MissGuided
gloria - i think they must have been ok because the ambulances weren't in a hurry to leave.

Yeah but the police car still being there at 8 this morning is bit funny, altough maybe that's just the procedure.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 11:15am
Man arrested after a house fire
A man has been arrested after an elderly woman was found unconscious in a house fire on Merseyside.

Detectives were holding the 25-year-old man on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life.

The 71-year-old woman, who is now in a stable condition, was found in a house on Tulip Avenue, Birkenhead during the early hours.

Fire and forensic examiners sealed off the house while police officers checked CCTV footage.

Posted By: Anonymous OAP rescued after suspected arson attack - 8th Apr 2009 11:21am
OAP rescued after suspected arson attack

A MAN has been arrested after a 71-year-old woman had to be pulled unconscious from a burning house in Birkenhead early today.
Police are investigating the suspected arson at a property in Tulip Avenue.

Officers were called to the house at around 1.50am this morning following a call from a member of the public.

Emergency services arrived to find the house ablaze and a 71-year-old lady unconscious inside.

The women was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital where she is reported to be in a stable condition.

The scene was sealed for examination by fire investigators and a forensic search by scene of crime officers has taken place this morning.

CCTV in the area is currently being looked at and house to house enquiries are also underway.

A 25-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life, and is currently being questioned by detectives.

Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the police at Birkenhead on 0151 777 2264, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

THE GLOBE
Posted By: MissGuided House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 11:29am
That will explain the unmarked car and why they closed the road.
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 4:25pm
Forensics are there this afternoon, all very interesting.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 4:27pm
I wonder how they caught the man.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 7:56pm
Latest I have heard is that grandson has been arrested on suspicion of arson.
Posted By: Wench Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 8:03pm
It's bad enough doing that to any elderly person, or just any person, but to do it to your own Grandma is just wrong!!
This is better than Globe this!! I live away, but now when I want to know what's happening back home,I'm just going to log onto here for the inside story. Thanks everybody! hope the lady in question makes a speedy recovery.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 8th Apr 2009 8:24pm
Lucifer, we have a tendency to get stories hours before the Echo and the Globe/Wirral News.
Posted By: Glamglass Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 2nd May 2009 4:57pm
You may like to know the lady died and the grandson has been charged with murder!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: House Fire in Tulip Avenue, Claughton - 2nd May 2009 5:35pm
omg No way!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral