Forums
Posted By: LukeORourke Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 5:33am
i was browsing google maps on street view in aus and then i found out they have street view on google maps uk and most of the major cities are covered including Liverpool and the wirral is hardly on it only the new ferry bypass and the kingsway tunnel approach are on the wirral side and that is about it for the wirral. i think it is the first release for england and they plan 2 do more.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 11:56am
The Google car was all over Wirral towards the end of last year so I'm sure we'll feature soon!
Posted By: AR_One Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 1:12pm
Wondered what the google-branded Astra was doing in Tesco carpark!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 6:14pm
Unfinished canal link by Liver building
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 6:16pm
It's on the local news now.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 9:58pm
Well thats groovy they should start adding streets an wot nots as soon as they finish blocking out peoples faces etc as the roads they have done not many people walk down em lol.. (talking bout the by pass etc)
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 10:04pm
They are supposed to have all faces and number plates blurred out in UK zone. This is done with recognition software, which doesn't always work.

On Campbeltown Road by Cammel Lairds, there is a fork lift truck driver just about to come out the depot whose face isn't blurred (been reported so will be done soon) also the sign to the left of the depot has blur marks where it thinks its a number plate.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 10:07pm
cool it passed me on the M53 smile
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 10:21pm
Right just done some investagation work in to the date of the Streeview events.. around September and August 2008 so try and think back of what you where doing.. The times are around the afternoon happy
Posted By: DavidB Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 10:34pm
I was driving along New Ferry and saw the Google car drive past. smile
Posted By: scoops Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 11:20pm
And we know the New Ferry streetview is gonna be blurred.
Would you drive through there slow enough to take a sharp picture? raftl raftl
I used to live there so I know lol
Posted By: Jubbly Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 11:26pm
I just read about Street View in a online newspaper and went off all excited to have a look at Wallasey. How boring is it that the only view close to my home is the Kingsway Tunnel Approach. Severely disappointed frown
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Street View Hits england - 19th Mar 2009 11:31pm
nay matter a few more months and you'll be able to check if your dad/boyfriend/mum/girlfriend was in that day the car went past but he/she said he/she was out at the shops.
Posted By: LukeORourke Re: Street View Hits england - 20th Mar 2009 5:37am
i am just waiting for the whole of the wirral to be covered and more of liverpool and it looks like early morning to me
Posted By: uggla Re: Street View Hits england - 20th Mar 2009 9:00am
wow this is brilliant will never get lost again lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral