Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral teen dies after falling down the stairs - 10th Mar 2009 12:55pm
[Linked Image]

Wirral teen dies after falling down the stairs

[Linked Image]
A HEARTBROKEN mum and dad today paid tribute to their “beautiful" daughter who died after falling down the stairs.

Hilbre High student Kim Ann Dobner, 18, slipped while staying at her boyfriend's home in Upton, Wirral, on Saturday night.

Her parents, Alison and Barry Dobner, told how their donor card carrying daughter has saved the lives of two teenage girls.

West Kirby mum Alison, 50, said: "On Saturday she was with her boyfriend and had a curry in Hoylake.

"I offered to pick her up but she was staying over with Paul.

"Early in the morning I got a call from Arrowe Park Hospital. Paul said we should come over.

“I was there for 4am and we realised just how serious it was.

"She got up in the night to go the bathroom but didn't turn the light on. She slipped in the dark and hit her head on the hard floor at the bottom of the stairs.

"People heard the thud and she was lying there.

"The ambulance service and the staff at the hospital were wonderful but the prognosis got worse – from trauma to coma to not recovering.

"She was a stunning young woman, full of life and with so many friends.

"We're so grateful to the staff who tried to save her and all the friends who have been in contact."

Fluent Greek speaker Kim grew up on the island of Paros returning with her mum and dad to Wirral when she was 14.

Kim was working at Chester's Bank of America before she was old enough to join the police.

The popular teen was just weeks away from her 19th birthday.

Dad Barry Dobner, 62, said: "She was a normal teenager.

“She loved everyone and everyone loved her.

"She had a lovely social life with lots of good friends at Hilbre High.

"She always said people should donate their organs and she had carried her card since she was 13.

"We were contacted by the donation people yesterday morning.

“They told us that two 19-year-old girls who had been on the list had received Kim's heart and liver. They told us that through her death she had saved them. And that's typical of Kim. She believed in life."

A date for the funeral is still being finalised.

But mum Alison said he was planning a humanist ceremony with no flowers and bright clothing.

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO
Posted By: Wench Re: Wirral teen dies after falling down the stairs - 10th Mar 2009 12:59pm
That is so sad - RIP. My thoughts go out to their families, as does my praise for donating some of her organs.

I've been involved on both sides of the donation process and it is a beautiful gift!
That is very sad and yet truly amazing. Its a sad ending for one young life but hope for another.

RIP Kim
© Wirral-Wikiwirral