Forums
Posted By: MrHouston Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 1:55pm
There's been a car crash at the bottom of spital road in the last couple hours apparently 2 people have been killed and 5 involved

There's a helicopter near by and the road's shut so can't get down to have a look

Have Buzz on who keep giving info but it's vague

Anybody know any more?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 1:58pm
crikey
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 2:05pm
Ambulances were bombing down the motorway, I was going to follow them as I had camera with me, but somebody had broken down and needed a hand and I guessed the ambulances would only lead me to a traffic jam.
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 2:09pm
Not good no
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 2:32pm
maybe alfacraig will know somthin more as he lives in spital i think?
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 2:35pm
He does but he'll be in Preston Phil.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 2:40pm
ah ok.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 3:22pm
Originally Posted by MrHouston

Anybody know any more?

Yeah, that roads a death trap, always people dying there.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 3:25pm
Thanks for the heads up. I travel that way to work, which will be pretty soon, so I will now travel a different way, to avoid any delays.
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 3:32pm
christ hope its nobody i know.

thanks for the info
Posted By: bert1 Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 3:47pm
Is it where that stupid little roundabout is
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 3:48pm
Is it the corner up from the roundabout?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 4:39pm
Originally Posted by uggla
christ hope its nobody i know.

I was thinking the same thing frown
Posted By: pacef8 Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 4:42pm
i cannt see them getting a helicopter anywhere near the place, it full of trees the rugby pitch is the nearest, , and your thinking of mill lane on the corner. plans where lodged to build on the site at the corner but it was refused. it had a single garage there for many years .
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 5:00pm
Rugby ground? wherezat?
Posted By: Pomp Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 5:12pm
Ye I came back from asda and was wondering what was happening as they had the road blocked off by the mini roundabout. So must of been quite close to there.
Posted By: SUExx Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 5:14pm
[if it is then it was a silly place to build a kids nursery, imagine the extre traffic with parents dropping the kids off at peak times.
Posted By: Bandageman Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 5:15pm
The only Rugby Club in that Area is Port Sunlight Rugby Club Fields on the A41 in Bromborough,at the end of Allport Road
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 6:26pm
Originally Posted by pacef8
i cannt see them getting a helicopter anywhere near the place, it full of trees the rugby pitch is the nearest, , and your thinking of mill lane on the corner. plans where lodged to build on the site at the corner but it was refused. it had a single garage there for many years .

They use the helicopter to take aerial pictures of the crash scene
Posted By: bob1234 Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 7:33pm
There was four people in one car and one person in the other car all have died ....RIP
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 7:58pm
RIP
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 8:03pm
My thoughts are with all concerned. RIP x
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 8:14pm
Are you sure this info is right? From what im hearing 6 people are in APH
Posted By: richardjn Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 8:53pm
1st post on here after finding site whislt looking for info on what was happening today in Spital as I got caught out by the road closure heading back to the motorway after visitng the retail park with my mum and saw a lot of emergency vechicles coming down motorway,

My thoughts with all those involved including all the emergency services and those greiving for loved ones
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:29pm
10 year old child was in one of the cars who died.
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:31pm
Damn!! That's going to be harsh on the families and the emergency services too. It's bad enough when it's adults frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:33pm
[Linked Image]

All i can find at mow..

Five people, including a 10-year-old child, have been killed in a two-car crash in Wirral, Merseyside.

SKY NEWS
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:46pm
Five people, including a 10-year-old child, have died in a two-car crash.

Four of the victims were pronounced dead at the scene of the crash in Wirral, Merseyside, ambulance officials said.

A 64-year-old woman was taken to nearby Arrowe Park Hospital with multiple injuries but died later.

Police said a blue Renault Megane and a silver Vauxhall Corsa were involved in the incident in Spital Road, Poulton.

It is understood one of the cars veered off the link road to the M53 motorway and hit a wall before it rebounded head-on into the other car.

A Mersey Region Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "Five people were fatally injured in the road traffic collision, including one child aged 10.

"Our doctor at the scene pronounced four people dead.

"One person, a 64-year-old female, was still alive when we arrived and was trapped in one of the vehicles. She was freed and taken to Arrowe Park Hospital but died later. Two adults and the child were in one car and two adults were in the other vehicle."

Four ambulances, two rapid response cars and a doctor were sent to the accident scene, the spokesperson added.

Merseyside Police said it could not provide any further details of the deceased until next of kin were informed.

click
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:48pm
Nasty - RIP frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:50pm
sad frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:53pm
very sad, frown my thoughts are with all concerned. RIP
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 10:58pm
Been at work so couldn't check here what was going on, shocking stuff! Only round the corner from me

RIP all
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Spital road smash - 8th Mar 2009 11:58pm
Really sad to hear, thoughts go out to anyone effected by this.

I was in Peterborough from Friday till about 8p today, so this is the first Ive heard of the crash sorry frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 8:04am
Update

Five killed in head-on crash

1 hour ago

Police have appealed for witnesses to a head-on car crash which killed five people including a six-year-old girl.

The child was killed along with three women aged 71, 61 and 59 in a Vauxhall Corsa after it crashed head-on into a Renault Megane in the Wirral, Merseyside, on Sunday.

The 73-year-old male driver of the Megane also died.

Ambulance officials said the girl, two of the women and the man were pronounced dead at the scene of the smash in Poulton just before midday.

The other victim was taken to nearby Arrowe Park Hospital with multiple injuries but died later.

It is understood one of the cars veered off the link road to the M53 motorway and hit a wall before it rebounded head-on into the other car.

Inspector Dave Corcoran said: "The families of the victims have now been informed. Our thoughts are with them at this time.

"We would ask anyone who witnesses this incident to make contact with us."

Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call police on 0151 7775771 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

The press association
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:04am
This is so awful. I wonder if it was a heart attack or something? The fact the girl was 6 makes even more impact on me as I have a 6 year old. I feel awful for the families involved.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:27am
Where did it happen? From the post Ive got the impression it was down by Spital Dam - by the mini roundabout - but thats nowhere near the M53... think

Can anyone mark an ariel map with the location?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:32am
yeah I didn't get that link road business, but I guess that network of roads is a cut through from A41 to M53. I think it may be Spital Dam. I hate that roundabout its lethal.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:53am
thats a bad round about that, how many deaths must there be on a road before some thing is done, even though it is so obvious that it must be altererd.

RIP
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:55am
I passed through the Spital Road bit where the dam is about three hours after it happened. Part of the road (the curve at the top heading towards Spital Station) was covered in sand (from the oil?). So it deffo wasn't the roundabout but the sharp curve before it.
Saying it's a 'link road' to the M53 is like calling all roads links roads, it's about 2 miles away.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=spital+station&sll=53.387073,-3.022126&sspn=0.21254,0.617981&ie=UTF8&ll=53.340691,-2.987235&spn=0.001662,0.004828&t=h&z=18

Might not be though, I'm confused as to where it is???
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:56am
That's just as bad as people hurtle round that bend - you wouldn't have time to avoid anything.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:05am
The hole roads a joke, even on the bit going up towards the odeon there is a left turn that people always have to dart out of to get out, I've whitnesed a crash there my self.
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:17am
bad news terribal
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:25am
Yeah, the whole road is utter rubbish.
The one that winds from under the railway bridge needs sorting. It's narrow and there are high kerbs on either side. It used to be 40 but now it's gone to national speed limit (60), which is wierd. If you tap the kerb going at 40 down there, you are going to end up in the other oncoming lane. It's also badly maintained. I can remember it being bad in the 80's, they just have never resurfaced it. You can't see anything on the roundabout. I've assumed there was nothing coming the other way on that sh*tty mini roundabout, only to see a car hurtling past at the last second. I've seen people just go straight over it anyway. It needs to be replaced with a junction and that windy road needs to be one way.
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:28am
used to be a junction there about 15 years ago it cause a massive queue up the hill in rush hour i remember them well.

Posted By: biscansplums Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 11:00am
Really sad news that, my condolences to all the families involved.

Spital road is a bad road to drive down, and now as somebody else mentioned there is a nursery on the roundabout. I hate to point out the bleeding obvious but, it won't be long until there's another accident in that area.

Also I'd like to warn drivers to take care at the roundabout on the junction of Breck road / Saint Hillary's Brow, when the schools finish. The kids just walk out in front of you they have no idea of road safety. Also they've started to congregate on the corner and push their "mates" into on coming traffic.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 11:27am
How did they manage to get permission for that nursery? You can imagine what it will be like with the people carriers around 4 - 5pm there.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 11:42am
Its the easiest thing in the world to stop traffic flying over that stupid roundabout, just put a 9 inch kerb around it, and to stop traffic approaching it at speed put traffic calming humps just before the roundabout.
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 11:48am
cannot just blame the road gotta ask question about some of the pathetic driving using that roundabout aswell.

the amount of times i been trying to turn right and the amount of nobs wont indicate they are doing a left a just give them the w*****r sign because thats what they are.
Posted By: Wench Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 11:55am
The other issue is the last bend coming down to the roundabout (from the Stags) is covered by overhanging trees. Rain, plus the sap from the trees is a lethal combination. It's bad enough in a car, but on a Motorbike it's so easy to lose the back end - even at crawling pace.

I'm tempted to see if I can find some data on that road re: accidents. Just out of sheer curiousity.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 12:24pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
The other issue is the last bend coming down to the roundabout (from the Stags) is covered by overhanging trees. Rain, plus the sap from the trees is a lethal combination. It's bad enough in a car, but on a Motorbike it's so easy to lose the back end - even at crawling pace.

I'm tempted to see if I can find some data on that road re: accidents. Just out of sheer curiousity.

Was a bad smash their in 2000 involving an old appentice i worked with, 40mph crash on the 2nd bend. He was very lucky to get out alive
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 12:34pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay

I'm sure it's all on the council's website somewhere, I remember looking on Cheshire County Council's a few years ago. wink

They can't raise the roundabout as trucks use it too, and they have to go across it. wink

Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 12:43pm
that road will prob be closed soon anyway the road is breaking up it needs resurfacing
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 1:44pm
The road is a 30mph limit....going in both directions from the roundabout. People fly across the roundabout, without indicating...Complete idiots.

that road will prob be closed soon anyway the road is breaking up it needs resurfacing

The biggest problem is that lots of people use it to get in between the A41 and the M53 etc... It shoud be for local traffic only in my view, its not the correct style of road for trucks and buses, and the commuting rush hour traffic that often uses it.

The road isnt helped either that traffic has vastly increased since some ridiculous development companies have built flats in Spital. Ive never experienced traffic jams in the 21 years Ive been alive...not until these flats were built.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 3:02pm
I thought lorries were already prohibited from using that road.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 3:06pm
So, how fast where the cars going then. Bearing in mind one of the cars had hit a wall (scrubbing speed) and then getting in the path of another car.
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 3:53pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

seen large skipwagons use it cannot be 100 sure its the case now
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 4:00pm
Ive seen them use the road as recently as when I was back over christmas...
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 4:11pm

There's a skip depot if you tur left at the roundabout, CCC is the company iirc, plus Bromborough Cross budget centre is also on the road left at the roundabout
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:07pm
It wasn't anything to do with the roundabout, and probably not the bend either, it looks like someone came down spital road at speed, hit the wall on the corner of Arkwood Close and carried on down road with a collision about 50 yards further down where the wall on the other side of the road was hit. I'll am thinking heart attack, too much speed and strange direction to make any sense.

Attached picture SpitalCrashAerial.jpg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:14pm
yeah, must of been a heart attack.

I cannot see an old aged pensioner speeding purposly, who would speed with kids in the car anyway?

Doesn`t make sence.

All will be revealed soon enough.

Very sad and tragic event, thoughts are with all those involved in this fatal incident. frown
Posted By: Angela Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:28pm
A terrible tragedy,my thoughts are with the families of the victims
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:30pm
Originally Posted by MrHouston

There's a skip depot if you tur left at the roundabout, CCC is the company iirc, plus Bromborough Cross budget centre is also on the road left at the roundabout

thats was i was saying wasnt sure if it was still in use allways though its a stupid place for a skipyard same now with the nusery at the bottom
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:46pm
Here are some pictures ....

Description: First wall hit, dots on kirbstone, don't know how the lamp post was missed
Attached picture SpitalCrashS8003113s.JPG

Description: Second wall hit half way down to lamp post, lamp post has flowers on it.
Attached picture SpitalCrashS8003114s.JPG

Description: First wall hit again
Attached picture SpitalCrashS8003115s.JPG

Description: Second wall hits, dots on kerbstone, gash on kerbstone left of picture, oil on pavement here
Attached picture SpitalCrashS8003116s.JPG

Description: Looking from first to second, this is about 50 yds, looks alot closer because of zoom.
Attached picture SpitalCrashS8003118s.JPG
Posted By: uggla Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:51pm
cheers for the pictures

the names of the passengers are on the globe website now

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/4187127.Police_name_victims_of_horrific_car_crash/

such a sad accident
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:53pm
RIP, such a shame.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:54pm
From Globe article:
Office administrator Liz Taylor, 57, whose front wall was driven into, recalled the moments before and after the crash.

She said she thought the driver was struck with some sort of illness, possibly a seizure, causing the crash.

She said: "I was sitting in the lounge when the Megane was coming down at great speed, and the poor chappie was obviously poorly.

"It was a tragic accident because the chappie had taken ill.

"It wasn't a normal speed, it was faster than a boy racer and perhaps his foot was stuck on the accelerator. Emergency crews arrived very quickly but nothing could really be done. It was horrific."
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:55pm
Looks like he may have had a heart attack or someother medical issue.. think

Originally Posted by ITN News
A retired church minister was driving "faster than a boy racer" when he killed himself and four others in a crash, witnesses said.

The Rev Dr Graham Mercer, 73, was driving his blue Renault Megane along a suburban Merseyside road when the car hit a wall before smashing into an oncoming Vauxhall Corsa with four people inside.

The collision on Sunday claimed the lives of six-year-old Olivia Wood, of Wrexham, her grandmother Linda Wood, 59, of Eastham, Merseyside, and her great-aunt Ann Hargreaves, 71, of Bromborough, Merseyside, who was driving the Corsa.

They were pronounced dead at the scene on Spital Road, Wirral, Merseyside, along with Dr Mercer.

Another passenger in the Corsa, Joan Roden-Jones, 64, of Wrexham, was taken from the crash scene to hospital where she also later died.

Eyewitness Liz Taylor, 57, said the car had been travelling "at great speed", adding: "It was faster than a boy racer and perhaps his foot was stuck on the accelerator".

A Merseyside Police spokesman said investigators were looking into the possibility that Dr Mercer suffered a heart attack or seizure at the wheel.

Though retired, Dr Mercer was described as still being very active in Wirral church life.

Rev Howard Sharp, moderator of the Mersey Synod of the United Reformed Church, said: "Graham was a lovely, caring man.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Graham's family and also with the families of all those people killed in this tragic accident."
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 5:59pm
Does anyone know if air ambulance was used?
I noticed just now leaving work that the fence was down to the field next to the hospital site. I think that's where air ambulance lands - the gate (opens from car park H) which has sign saying not to block it - emergency vehicle access - was intact and locked - but all the fence next to it was flat on the ground. I wonder if they couldn't get the key for the gate so just kicked the fence down.

Or it was just vandalism. or the wind.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 6:06pm
The Rev Dr Graham Mercer, 73

A priest?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 6:17pm
Don't think air ambulance was used, it'd be quicker by ambulance. wink
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 6:25pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
The Rev Dr Graham Mercer, 73

A priest?
A vicar - CofE
Posted By: Jamie_LFC Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 6:36pm
R.I.P
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 6:39pm
I knew linda woods my thoughts are with her family not only did thay loose a mother but also a daughter r.i.p!
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 9:57pm
Jesus, thanks for the pictures.

Was informed tonight by my sister that the rev. that died was due to marry her best friend next summer too
Posted By: Wheels Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:06pm
frown RIP x
Posted By: Wheels Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:09pm
video

[youtube]ThEiRtAiL-M[/youtube]
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:26pm
sad very sad

Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Spital road smash - 9th Mar 2009 10:57pm
Here is a picture of Rev Dr Graham Mercer

Attached picture Rev Dr Graham Mercer 73.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spital road smash - 10th Mar 2009 12:48pm
[Linked Image]

TRIBUTES

TRIBUTES were paid today to the six-year-old girl killed in one of Merseyside's worst ever car crashes.

Olivia Wood died in the two-car smash along with her grandmother, great aunt and a family friend.

Her devastated parents Julie and Darren were told the terrible news while on holiday.

They have since returned to the UK.

The youngster's family told of their pain at losing the “bright young girl.”

Olivia died alongside her great aunt Ann Hargreaves in the 71-year-old’s silver Corsa.

Ms Hargreaves’ sister and the little girl's gran Linda Wood, 59, from Eastham, and friend Joan Roden-Jones, 64, were also killed.

The car was hit by a blue Renault Megane just before midday on Sunday in Spital Road, Spital.

The driver, former minister the Reverend Dr Graham Mercer, also died.

It is believed the 73-year-old lost control of his car after apparently suffering a seizure at the wheel.

Olivia’s cousin, Gareth Jones, said: “She was a bright young girl who was wise beyond her years.

“Olivia had a fantastic imagination and her smile would light up a room.”

Children at the youngsters’ school in Wrexham were told of her death in a special assembly.

Head teacher Neil Gledhill said: “Olivia was one of the first people to say hello to me when I walked through her class or into assembly.

“She was a very happy and smiley little girl and her loss will be felt not only in our school but throughout the whole of the community.”

Four of the victims died at the scene. Ms Roden-Jones was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital but surgeons were unable to save her.

Her cousin said: “She was such a beautiful lady. We used to joke and call her Elizabeth Taylor.

“She was so pretty and had such lovely features. She could walk into a room and make it stand still.

“We’re all devastated to lose her.”

The Rev Dr Mercer was a well-loved United Reformed Church minister based at Highfield Church in Rock Lane West and St George’s in Thornton Hough before he retired.

It is believed he was on his way home from a Church of England service when the crash happened.

His car ploughed through a wall before careering into the path of Ms Hargreaves’ Corsa, close to the junction with Arkwood Close.

THE ECHO
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Spital road smash - 11th Mar 2009 7:17pm
[Linked Image]

Parents speak about their little Olivia killed in Spital Road car crash

THE devastated parents of a child killed in a horror crash in Merseyside have spoken of their “bright and feisty” daughter.
[Linked Image]
Darren and Julie Wood were on holiday when they heard six-year-old Olivia had died in a car driven by her great aunt, 71-year-old Ann Hargreaves.

Mrs Hargreaves, of Bromborough, died in the crash alongside her sister, Olivia’s grandmother Linda Wood, 59, of Eastham, and friend Joan Roden-Jones, 64.

They were hit by a car in Spital Road, Spital, at 12pm on Sunday.

The driver, former minister the Reverend Dr Graham Mercer, 73, was also killed.

It is believed he suffered a seizure at the wheel.

Olivia died just a week after celebrating her sixth birthday.

Mum Julie, 44, said: “Olivia was the centre of our world. Her strong, funny character often meant she wrapped both of us around her tiny beautiful wrist.

“She was always singing and used to sing You Are My Sunshine with her nan, which she was to everyone who met her.

“Olivia was a daddy’s girl. She loved to rough and tumble with him when he got home from work each day.”

Olivia also leaves behind a sister, Aimee.
Mrs Wood said: “There are lots of toys from her birthday which Olivia had not even had chance to play with.

“She will always be with us and every day without her will be painful.”

Olivia’s dad Darren, 34, said his daughter was a sweet and stubborn six-year-old who made an impression on everyone who knew her.

He said: “She lived for puddings and her favourite was chocolate cake.

“Olivia was feisty and loved to ‘boing’ on her trampoline.

“She was our world and so many tears have been shed. She also leaves a huge gap in her sister Aimee’s life.

“We would like to thank all the people who have sent messages of support and love.”

The family, who live in Wrexham, thanked all of the emergency services for their help and support.

Tributes have also been paid to the Rev Dr Mercer, who was described as a “good minister” and a “lovely, kind man”.

Ms Roden-Jones’ family in Wrexham said she was affectionately nicknamed “Elizabeth Taylor”.

Witnesses should call police on 0151-777 5771

THE ECHO
© Wirral-Wikiwirral