Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 3:51pm
Murder suspect attacked
Mar 4 2009 by Ben Rossington, Liverpool Echo

A MURDER suspect needed hospital treatment after being attacked on his first day in prison.

Gary Finlay, 46, was slashed across the face with a make-shift razor by one inmate and beaten by two others during his first 24 hours in Walton prison.

On Friday, Finlay was remanded into custody by Wirral magistrates after being charged with the murder of soldier Graham McKenna and the attempted murder of Mr McKenn’a teenage son Michael.

He was arrested on Wednesday when he handed himself in to police after living rough in Liverpool for six weeks.

Later that day, Finlay was booked into the First Night Centre at Walton prison – where new inmates are taken to acclimatise to prison life – before being moved to the remand wing the following day.

He was attacked at around 3.30pm on Saturday.

Two men punched Finlay in the face and body before another cut him.

Finlay’s injuries were so serious he was taken to hospital.

He returned to Walton in the early hours of Sunday.

A Ministry of Justice spokesman said: “An incident took place at HMP Liverpool at 3.30pm on Saturday 28 February in which a prisoner was assaulted.

“The prisoner sustained cuts and bruising. He was taken to an outside hospital and returned to HMP Liverpool in the early hours of March 1.”

Mr McKenna, 45, was killed on Saturday, January 10, as he and son Michael, 14, went to catch the Soccer Bus to Goodison Park from Upton Road, Claughton, Wirral.

Mr McKenna was stabbed and staggered around the corner before collapsing in Speedwell Road. He died in Arrowe Park hospital.

Michael was knifed nine times but survived.

Dad-of-two Mr McKenna, who served with the Cheshire Regiment for 22 years before joining the local Territorial Army, was laid to rest after a full military funeral on Monday.

Finlay is due to appear before a Liverpool Crown Court judge later this month.

Liverpool echo
raftl raftl He deserves everything he gets in there raftl raftl Hope he dont come out of walton alive
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 4:29pm
Deserves everything he gets yea, but wishing death upon someone???

That makes you as bad as he is in my book.

Just be thankful that hes gonna have a hard time in prison however long he spends in there.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 4:31pm
That's just for starters. There are plenty of people waiting for the chance to get that F**kin skunk. ...well done to the 3 inmates involved ...
Posted By: Wheels Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 4:34pm
its called Carma smile
Harder time the better
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 4:39pm
Precisely....but death is an easy, cowardly way out...no more suffering for the toe rag then
well i aint being funny but if the 3 inmates got him as soon as he was in there just imagine what the hole of them r going to be like round finley he wouldnt have a chance to stand for him self which is better because he deserves eveything he gets mad
just a warning here, i know exactly what you mean jade, but please word your opinions carefully

this IS afterall a PUBLIC forum, which is indexed on google everyday

It's no doubt that Finlay will have a hard time in prison and it is to be expected.
Sorry tony and everyone else
i'm going to throw a lemon into the circus ring - like i always try to do.
some may say that this man is not human.
some may say that this man is an animal.
some may say he deserves to die.
some now live with his actions on their hands by relation to him.
some still love him even if he has selfishly slaughtered another man and attempted to murder a young man.
some might say that he still deserves a chance - that he may one day regret his actions.
some may say he can still be forgiven (though this will take extreme strength of character).

Please think before you head for the Lowest Common Denominator.

I don't condone this man's actions (before you jump to this conclusion).
I know i stepped off on the wrong foot before n i realise now i was in the wrong on what i was saying happy
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 6:04pm
This man carried out a premeditated attack on two innocent people that has left a decent family with a huge hole in there lives.I doubt they will ever forgive him or give him a second chance.There is more to this incident than what is in the public eye .I am sorry if any one thinks badly of me butI have lost a good friend and Finlay deserves to hang for what he has done and this certainly doesnt make me as bad as a cold blooded murderer RIP MAC
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 6:11pm
All part of the punishment in my book.

If you kill someone you should be prepared to be locked up with all the other nastys...
Originally Posted by jonno40
This man carried out a premeditated attack on two innocent people that has left a decent family with a huge hole in there lives.I doubt they will ever forgive him or give him a second chance.There is more to this incident than what is in the public eye .I am sorry if any one thinks badly of me butI have lost a good friend and Finlay deserves to hang for what he has done and this certainly doesnt make me as bad as a cold blooded murderer RIP MAC

I DONT THINK BAD OF YOU JONNO40 I KNOW WHERE YOUR CUMMING FROM

R.I.P MAC
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 6:50pm
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Precisely....but death is an easy, cowardly way out...no more suffering for the toe rag then

withthat

excellent clap He deserves everything he gets. he will have a lot more beatings to i bet..
wink
oh yes
Maybe they should give him a cell with Sean Mercer...
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 9:02pm
ditto ...jonno!!!
His life in prison is going to be a living hell, which is probably too good for him. But saying that I have every sympathy for Mckenna family, and also the the Finlay family they have to live with his crime also and face the uncertainty of his days in prison.
Karma= Good Things Happen to good people
Bad Things Happen to bad People
Posted By: kimpri Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 9:37pm
ha ha
Ha Karma smile
Gary your current karma = Red Zone 78%
lol laugh

We should get to vote who he shares a cell with
Posted By: AR_One Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 4th Mar 2009 11:19pm
Not commenting on whether Finlay should of got a slap or not but it does make me laugh that everyone in the jail has been convicted of or stands a good chance of being convicted of a serious crime but some of them think that other's crimes are worse than their own and should be allowed to dish out some justice.........
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 5th Mar 2009 12:41am
Originally Posted by AR_One
Not commenting on whether Finlay should of got a slap or not but it does make me laugh that everyone in the jail has been convicted of or stands a good chance of being convicted of a serious crime but some of them think that other's crimes are worse than their own and should be allowed to dish out some justice.........

strange innit. I wonder if there is some form of universal guide to this - The book of "who's the worst"

And btw, Im I strong beliver of the punishment fits the crime......
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 5th Mar 2009 8:20am
Originally Posted by AR_One

Any crime is a bad crime but crimes against children are frowned upon and lets not forget as well as murdering graham ,this cold blooded murderer also callously stabbed 14 yr old michael mckenna 9 times.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 5th Mar 2009 8:58am
would thay have the same to say if it happened to there family I DONT THINK SO..
GOOD thats the best thing i,v heard all week wink
Attempting to stab a child to death has to be amongst the most revolting of crimes. I sincerely hope he dies in prison. It's what he deserves. That doesn't mean I am 'on his level' simply that natural justice demands he dies...
i believe this man should live his life in fear of the other prisoners as that poor boy he stabbed must have have been through hell and back an now its finleys time to go through hell. i believe that fear can be the biggest punishment of all.
On Saturday I was playing football with my mates when Michael McKenna and his mates asked us for a game. We acepted there offer and got wupped laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 21st Jan 2011 8:41pm
i was in jail with this man, he has a wing cleaners job
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 21st Jan 2011 8:48pm
Does he get it easy, in there? Hope not.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 21st Jan 2011 9:21pm
he certainley does, he is the head cleaner, and he gets no grief of any one
Typical!!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 21st Jan 2011 9:28pm
Grrrrrr
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 12:38am
Originally Posted by willo

what wing was he on bud, you must have done something bad to be situated near him whistle
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 6:13am
g wing
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 8:27am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

what wing was he on bud, you must have done something bad to be situated near him whistle

Not like that mate they mix them together, I was padded up with someone that stabbed his stepdad. Sex Offenders are the only ones that get there own wing..
head cleaner...hmmm wish someone would shove the mop in a delicate place SIDEWAYS....he is a scumbag for what he has put the family through.....
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 10:58am
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Sanchez

Not like that mate they mix them together, I was padded up with someone that stabbed his stepdad. Sex Offenders are the only ones that get there own wing..

Cheers jase, I always though that depending on your crime you were put on similar wings etc. I best keep me self on the straight and narrow now lol.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 11:01am
smirk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 22nd Jan 2011 12:38pm
there is more sex offenders sorry nonces, on the normal wings in prisons than there is on nonce wings
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Gary finlay attacked on first day in prison - 31st Jan 2011 12:31pm
I see no harm in prisoners knocking seven bells out of each other, the more the merrier. Perhaps it will make them think twice about doing something which will put them back in there. It's meant to be tough not easy.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral