Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Murderer found dead in Walton Prison - 24th Feb 2009 4:54pm
A FORMER Merseyside firefighter who murdered his wife was found dead in his prison cell today.

Anthony De Asha, 49, was found hanging by guards at Walton prison at around 5.30am. He was pronounced dead after paramedics spent 20 minutes trying to resuscitate him.

In December last year, De Asha was jailed for life and ordered to serve a minimum 15 years after admitting the murder of his wife, 45-year-old relationship counsellor Joanne.

He stabbed her 17 times after chasing her round their house in Morningside, Crosby, in the early hours of July 10.

When police arrived, De Asha, sat smoking a cigarette, told them: "I've slit her throat."

A prison service spokesperson said: "Liverpool prisoner Anthony De Asha was found hanging in his cell at 5.30am on Tuesday February 24. Staff and paramedics attempted to resuscitate him but sadly he was pronounced dead at 5.51am.

"As with all deaths in custody, the prisons and probation ombudsman will conduct an investigation."

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO
Posted By: Wheels Re: Murderer found dead in Walton Prison - 24th Feb 2009 4:58pm
wow thats bad.

you have to be messed up to do that. then feel guilty in prison and top yaself.

frown I hope a cell mate didnt find him.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murderer found dead in Walton Prison - 24th Feb 2009 8:41pm
I guess he wasn't on any kind of suicide watch then...maybe his cell mate helped him...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murderer found dead in Walton Prison - 24th Feb 2009 8:46pm
the guy takes 1 life after saving god knows how many and ends up inside for a min 15 years! no

this country is diabolical no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral