Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Grieving Dad banned by Facebook for appeal - 21st Feb 2009 11:16am
A HEARTBROKEN dad was forced to disguise himself as his murdered daughter after internet bosses banned him from a social networking website.

Kieron Bimpson was left speechless when Facebook froze his account set up to campaign over the death of his three-year-old child, Francesca.

The martial arts instructor had set up a massively popular group – Justice for Francesca Bimpson – in the wake of her death at the family home in Norwood Grove, Everton late last year.

The youngster suffered extensive burns in a devastating arson attack.

[Linked Image]

The Facebook group, which highlights the appeal to find his daughter’s killer, had attracted over 20,000 members.

But the website inexplicably shut down Kieron’s account, accusing him of ‘sending out spam mail’.

To continue his campaign, the 36-year-old had to log onto Facebook using his dead daughter’s details.

The decision by the social networking site has prompted disgust from thousands of web users.

Already, an alternative group entitled ‘Get Kieron Bimpson dad of murdered Francesca Bimpson reinstated back on Facebook’ has been set up and attracted over 100 members in just under 24 hours.

Today, a perplexed Kieron said he was baffled by the decision to stop him speaking out about the murder.

“They have told me I can’t ‘promote’ the death of my daughter. There are lunatics on Facebook promoting ‘racism’, yet they stop my raising awareness of Francesca’s death?

“I thought Facebook was about social networking. They think I am forcing it down people’s throats, but I’ll keep doing it for the rest of my life.

“I’m not advertising, I’m promoting awareness following her death.”

On December 2, at around midnight, petrol was poured through the letterbox of the family home resulting in a huge fire.

Mum Eleanor and dad Kieron, along with three other young children were saved, but family members tried in vain to rescue little Francesca.

Two people were arrested on suspicion of murder and released pending further enquiries on bail.

A fundraising evening has been arranged for the Bimpson family at the Devonshire Hotel on Saturday, March 28. Tickets cost £3 or pay on the door.

THE ECHO
Posted By: DavidB Re: Grieving Dad banned by Facebook for appeal - 21st Feb 2009 6:06pm
It's a horrible thing that happened - I really don't want to receive spam emails about it though. Rules are rules.
Omg that is bad how could he even do that its like me dieing and me dad doing it. its just not right at all mad crazy
Posted By: Wheels Re: Grieving Dad banned by Facebook for appeal - 21st Feb 2009 7:14pm
I feel for the fella. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Grieving Dad banned by Facebook for appeal - 21st Feb 2009 7:21pm
Originally Posted by Wheels
I feel for the fella. frown

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral