Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral Egg Run FULL SPEED AHEAD - 18th Feb 2009 7:20pm
FEARS that two Egg Runs could take place in Wirral this spring have finally been resolved now one of the organisers has backed down.

Until this week bikers had been confused as Egg Runs had been advertised for two consecutive weekends ... and they didn't know which one to prepare for.

Thousands of pounds of money for poorly children was at risk as bikers hesitated to collect sponsor forms for the annual event.

Debbie Green, of The Jellybean Kids’ Appeal, told the News earlier this week: “People have been asking for sponsor forms from us but because we haven’t known an official date for the event we haven’t been able to give any out.”

The Egg Run will now take place on March 29.

The confusion began after a rift grew between the Wirral Egg Run team last year.

Two Egg Run groups emerged – one led by Matt Rose, who was involved in the run for 13 years and one led by last year’s chairman Ian Kendrick.

Until this week, two separate websites representing the two groups were promoting Egg Runs on different dates.

However, Mr Rose tragically died two weeks ago after a long illness and this week Ian Kendrick has decided to abandon his idea of a separate Egg Run and support one official event.

Mr Kendrick said:“I don’t know how much involvement I will have in this year’s event but I won’t be holding a separate Egg Run anymore.”

Dave Morrison, committee member of the official Egg Run, said: “All Matt wanted was for this charity event to be successful.

“We are all now more determined than ever to make this year’s event bigger and better than ever before.”

Last year a record-smashing 7,000 bikers flooded Wirral and raised more money and delivered more eggs than ever before to children in hospital.

THE WIRRAL NEWS
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wirral Egg Run FULL SPEED AHEAD - 19th Feb 2009 8:36pm
can't wait for this years egg run, caught the tail end of it last year with all the suicidal people running out into the road to give you five.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral