Forums
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Wirral Partnership Homes accused over repairs - 11th Feb 2009 5:51pm
Wirral Partnership Homes accused over repairs

WIRRAL Partnership Homes has been accused of leaving people living in “unhealthy” conditions because of their shrinking budget.

Bidston councillor Harry Smith contacted the housing association because repairs needed in some of his constituents’ homes were not being carried out.

He discovered that WPH had introduced measures to prevent a significant overspend that would have otherwise been seen for the current financial year.

In order to bring their budget back into line, ratings were introduced late last year of Red Two, Red One and Amber Two.

This means, for the last three months, they have only carried out work needed in a Health and Safety emergency – work that is considered urgent or of an urgent routine nature where the structure or security of the property is at risk or the tenant is considered vulnerable.

These stringent control measures are anticipated to be “short term only” and when WPH’s budget position is more positive the situation will be revised.

Cllr Smith said: “I am disappointed with WPH as I feel the situation should not have arisen and, more to the point, my constituents are entitled to have repairs attended to as soon as is practicably possible within WPH’s policy arrangements.

“I submitted a referral, just a few weeks ago, which is related to health matters (needs for a damp course attended to or renewed) and I’ve yet to receive a response.”

Trevor Jones, Managing Director of WPH Building Services said in a letter addressed to Cllr Smith said: “I appreciate that this situation will cause a degree of frustration and some level of potential dissatisfaction with tenants and customers.

“However, WPH has limited financial resources and there are processes of immediate and effective control to ensure, in the long term, that the viability of the company is not undermined and that an adequate level of service to customers is maintained.”

Link
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Partnership Homes accused over repairs - 11th Feb 2009 6:07pm
tell me about it, me nan has been waiting 8 weeks for her central heating to get fixed.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Wirral Partnership Homes accused over repairs - 11th Feb 2009 9:46pm
8 weeks! fook that is bad, she needs heat now!

Ive been trying to get a job with them as they pay very well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral