Forums
Posted By: Pomp police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 3:03pm
just been along borough road about half one and there are a few police vans and quite a few police men/women,
and just got back not long ago around quater to three and they were still there?

Any one know whats happening or are they just stopping random cars? for checkup?
Posted By: Wheels Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 3:05pm
hmm, i didnt see them.
Posted By: Pomp Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 3:14pm
noo they were abit further down borough road in between tranmere rovers footy ground and netto...

Attached picture untitled.JPG
Posted By: Wheels Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 5:07pm
speeding my missiz said as they were pointing guns at people lol
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 5:54pm
They had a gun up Storeton Road earlier as well.

That was quite a gang on Borough Road, couldn't count them there were that many - suppose I should have slowed down!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 6:17pm
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
suppose I should have slowed down!

Pahhh!

Fook em!
Posted By: krisGTi Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 8:32pm
there on the fly over by tescos aswell.... well by the riding school
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 8:35pm
Originally Posted by krisGTi

tHATS THEIR LOCAL HANGOUT FOR SPEEDERS, DON`T FORGET THEY CAN TELL HOW FAST YOUR GOING Upto 2 miles away i think?

So once you`ve seen them you may as well carry on because you have been caught anyway.
Posted By: pacef8 Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 8:55pm
tax dodgers with no insurance.

they will find you and beat you up then sell your children into prostitution .

thats what i here goes on in bhead anyway
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 8:59pm
raftl its impossible to drive with no tax or insurance in this day & age! i don`t know why people still do it?

Posted By: Wheels Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 9:36pm
well i just saw them pull over EVERYONE heading south on borough road. madness!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 9:40pm
why be there that long. think all day and most of the night is a bit mad.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 9:41pm
sounds more like a road block - something to do with increased presence in claughton today?
Posted By: SoundLad Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:11pm
Its Merseyside Police trying to make funds for the christmas party they had so they need money from people cause the Tax payers contribution is crap so there pulling over people for minor offences to fund there 2009 christmas party at the piggy in brook street raftl sorry.. (off topic i know but still the police pull anybody over i seen them a couple of times in the arriva depot next to the shop pulling over anybody)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:22pm
Originally Posted by krisGTi

I spotted them there too - about 7pm when I saw them omg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:29pm
Originally Posted by StuyMac

I spotted them there too - about 7pm when I saw them omg

Lol, your definatly fooked then wink
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:30pm
I was going the other way wink
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:32pm
lol

thumbsup
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:50pm
stop checks

insurance
is ya car roadworthy
etc!

same shit like that!! load of crap

FOR GODS SAKE GO CATCH REAL CRIMINALS
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: police along borough road - 21st Jan 2009 10:56pm
Originally Posted by Dj_Macca

At self FOR GODS SAKE GO CATCH REAL CRIMINALS
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: police along borough road - 22nd Jan 2009 7:05pm
lol
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: police along borough road - 22nd Jan 2009 7:32pm
probably common knowledge but they are nearly always doing sneaky speed checks on leasowe road opposite molloys garden centre,always wave at them while going past at 5mph,dunno why but it always makes me smile,except when the people behind me give a single finger salute.
Posted By: hoseman Re: police along borough road - 22nd Jan 2009 8:26pm
They were opposite Carlet parl on the A41 with the minestry, spot checking. They have spurts of heavy goods, then vans then cars etc!!!Go in a steam roller next time and park on them!!!!!
As Lee said, got the summer policemans ball to fund, then crimbo bash!!
Its TOO hard to catch REAL criminals, thats why they go for the soft touches, motorists!! God, think about it, its passing revenue for them, they only have to stand still and the motorist COMES TO THEM!!!! yes
Posted By: kimpri Re: police along borough road - 23rd Jan 2009 2:02am
THERE JUST HAVING A FEW PRACTICE RUNS. BIG BLITZ SOON ON ROADS TRAINS FERRYS CALLED RING OF STEEL OR SOME THING LIKE THAT.
Posted By: Wheels Re: police along borough road - 23rd Jan 2009 8:36am
how do you know that Kimpri1?
Posted By: StuyMac Re: police along borough road - 23rd Jan 2009 8:52am
Ideally they could do with an ANPR van to filter out who is worth stopping.

I totally agree with roadside checks, but I think the ANPR should be used as justification for stopping people. If I have to pay TAX / Insurance and keep my car roadworthy so should everyone else - Im sure opinions would change if someone / a friend / relative was hit / by an uninsured driver.
Posted By: kimpri Re: police along borough road - 23rd Jan 2009 8:54am
a little bird told me weels. he told me of last one
Posted By: Wench Re: police along borough road - 23rd Jan 2009 11:36am
Originally Posted by hoseman

As Lee said, got the summer policemans ball to fund, then crimbo bash!!
Its TOO hard to catch REAL criminals, thats why they go for the soft touches, motorists!! God, think about it, its passing revenue for them, they only have to stand still and the motorist COMES TO THEM!!!! yes

I know it's all too easy to say that, but in actual fact it doesn't go to the Police.

Neither the police nor local councils make any money from speeding fines. They can only claim back their running and administration costs for the scheme, any surplus goes to the Treasury i.e. The Government!!

I could only find figures for the 2003/04 financial year that ended on 31 March 2004. The total fine receipts for speeding and red light offences detected by fixed and mobile cameras was £113,549,240.

Of this amount, £91,848,844 was reinvested in road safety as payments back to the partnerships including the police, local highway authorities and magistrates' courts who operate within the safety camera programme. The amount retained by the Treasury was £21,700,396 which is the difference.

The simple answer is, don't speed!! Without sounding harsh, would you all still be banging on about how people who speed are not "real criminals" if they knocked your child/mother/father/brother/sister/husband/wife etc over and killed them??? These laws are there for a reason. Unfortunately, there is nothing you or I can do about it.

You break a law, you pay the price - your choice!
Posted By: hoseman Re: police along borough road - 25th Jan 2009 10:00am
I know Jay, was just on a rant, im not completely ignorant of the law, legal and justice system!! I know plenty of nice police offices, mainly traffic and i know a couple of bad ones too!!
I keep my vehicles all legal, just expect others to do so! I agree with filering out tho. Aparently at te Carlett Park spotcheck, they only got one motorbike all day that was on the road illegally (so i was told that is!!), so how they gonna recoup costs on that?? £10,000 fine for no tax please Mr motorbike man?
Cannot justify it! The rst of "the costs" are gonna come from tax payers, one way or another then!

Sorry, rant sunday!! wink
Posted By: Wench Re: police along borough road - 25th Jan 2009 2:30pm
That's ok hoseman - be a very boring world if we were all the same. Can't beat a good healthy debate, or a rant for that matter!! Good to get it out of the system happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral