Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Wirral Egg Run organisers in appeal for stewards - 21st Jan 2009 2:33pm
THE Wirral Egg Run is nearly here - but the annual event desperately needs more stewards and marshals.

Last year a record-smashing 7,000 bikers flooded Wirral and raised more money and delivered more eggs than ever before to poorly children.

There were, however, disputes over leadership and a rift grew between the team.

Matt Rose, Egg Run committee member for 13 years, is now chairman and says all disagreements over leadership are in the past.

He said: “We had trouble last year about how to run the event but really the bikers and children are not interested in the politics.

“Our main objectives are to make lots of money for sick children and deliver loads of chocolate eggs to them at Easter.

“We also want to create joy and provide a community event that everyone can enjoy.”

As leadership has changed, lots of contact details for people who helped last year have gone missing.

Matt and his team now have to find 100 marshals and 180-plus stewards.

The new chairman said: “During the Egg Run we send out a marshal every two minutes to keep everything safe. They are our eyes and ears.

“We also need stewards on foot to man zebra crossings.

“We desperately need people who can help to contact us so we can train them in time for the event.”

If all goes to plan, the 2009 Wirral Egg Run, taking place on March 29, could be bigger than ever.

There are seven trustees of the newly registered charity and all money raised could now be available for any sick child from Wirral who applies for it.

Matt added: “The new element of our charity is to spread our money further - we don’t want it just going to one place, we want it readily available to any child who is in need.”

For more information or if you can help at the 2009 Egg Run, email [email protected] or [email protected]
Cheers for that, email sent wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Egg Run organisers in appeal for stewards - 21st Jan 2009 2:45pm
no worrys bud... wink good luck thumbsup
I will be attending this on my bike again, a really good day
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wirral Egg Run organisers in appeal for stewards - 21st Jan 2009 3:46pm
excellent ax thumbsup
I havent seen the paper but appearently Im in the egg run pic smile

(for those who have seen the paper Im the chicken)

Is it ok that I still dress like this of a weekend, when Im on my own smile
page 6 wirral news
© Wirral-Wikiwirral