Forums
Posted By: jonno40 Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:01pm
There is a heavy police presence in Claughton Village and has been in place for two hours now ,local residents told us that there has been a stabbing,cant get up there as road is closed off ,helicopter been on scene for 40 mins and armed police where in the area earlier
this helicopter is doing my head in its over the houses by me it woke me up at 1 clock dis afternoon
Posted By: sonyj Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:13pm
loads of police by tam,o,shanter/bidston hill when i went past 10mins ago
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:17pm
wonder whats gone on. think
Posted By: hoseman Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:18pm
Yeah, its been going now for about 2 hrs, thurt it might have been on Bidston Hill, Hurry up n get the scumbags n save taxpayers fuel!!!! raftl
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:22pm
as of 30 mins ago you couldnt get any where near there due to police sealing the area off
Posted By: sonyj Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:22pm
men in full white suits were takin pics from opposite side of the road not sure if there was sumin on the pathment on the corner of the road could make it out
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:32pm
sounds bad. no nothink in the news yet.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:35pm
Got this from Radio Merseysides site
A5027 Upton Road Birkenhead, Claughton Village
Both ways between Tollemache Road and Heather Brow
Last updated 15 minutes ago
A5027 Upton Road both ways closed heavy traffic, traffic heavier than normal due to serious police incident between Tollemache Road and Heather Brow. Also affecting Speedwell Road both ways between Tollemache Road and Woodsorrel Road. The Police advise the road will be closed for some time.

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:36pm
thanks jonno happy
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:47pm
map of area
here you go
jonno

Attached picture map.JPG
Posted By: Pomp Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 3:57pm
Originally Posted by bbc
A man has died and another is in a critical condition in hospital after being stabbed in Wirral.

Merseyside Police said the pair were injured during a "domestic-related" fight on Speedwell Road, Claughton.

Two men, aged 46 and 18, were taken to hospital but the older man died of his injuries. The teenager remains in a critical condition.

Officers are still hunting for another man believed to be involved in the incident on Saturday afternoon.

The area around Upton Road has been cordoned off and there remains a heavy police presence.

Officers are also conducting house-to-house inquiries and are appealing for witnesses to the fight to contact them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7822145.stm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:00pm
thanks Pomp thumbsup
sad is in it
do they think they are hard carrying a knife
guys and girls i have never seen so many police in my life and what i have just heard from the police i feel sorry for the 18yr old and the 46yr old. well as i got up there the poilce were already speaking to people about it and as i can see from my windoe the eagle is still looking. I seen about 3 poilce cars going up on bidston hill to check frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:23pm
Originally Posted by Tony_1985

now lets not jump the gun. we dont know whats gone on and all so the police are still looking for a 3rd man wink
Originally Posted by _jase_
Originally Posted by Tony_1985

now lets not jump the gun. we dont know whats gone on and all so the police are still looking for a 3rd man wink

how many men where actually in this fight
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:32pm
madness
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:32pm
WIRRAL GLOBE

Man stabbed to death in "domestic" incident
4:10pm Saturday 10th January 2009

By Leigh Marles »

A man has died and a 14-year-old boy is in hospital in a critical condition after a fight at a home in Wirral this afternoon.

The area around Speedwell Road, Claughton, has been cordoned off and police say they are hunting a man in connection with the incident.

Both victims received stab wounds and were taken to Arrowe Park Hospital, were the 46-year-old later died.

A police spokeswoman said the incident appears to be "domestic-related".

There is a highly-visible police presence in the area around Speedwell Road where officers are carrying out house-to-house inquiries.

No arrests have been made.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 0151 709 6010. More later.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:33pm
14-year-old boy no
mmmmmmmm well if they couldnt find him on bidston hill where had ran off 2
They'll find him eventually with the infrared.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:39pm
OMG i live in the area so i am lockin my doors now
i live in the area aswell so really i'm going to keep an eye out for anyone being strange smile
I would have thought they'd be trying to act completely normal if they are on the run - though I wonder how much blood they got on them. Ewwww, this is horrible and very tragic. Is the son 14 or 18?
thats what i dont get where gettin told he is 18 now 14
speedwell rd is over the road from heather brow
Map
can anyone actually see the helicopter now as i carnt see or hear it ?
Maybe they got their man. Or they've gone home for tea. smile
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:55pm
No,I can`t myself.May have gone to refuel or it has done it`s job.
Posted By: AR_One Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 4:59pm
Can't see the helicopter but a Police car just drove slowly up and down our road.

there like that in my road
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:15pm
scene of crime

source:wirral globe
Posted By: bert1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:17pm
Chopper flew towards Speke 1600 hrs,
why is it in the wirral globe already tho
That police car is parked at the Tollemache Rd end I reckon
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:18pm
it was over my house on tollemache at 16.30 so maybe it went for a refuel but its base is at RAF Woodvale near Formby
Originally Posted by bert1
Chopper flew towards Speak 1600 hrs,

Makes sense - I heard sirens at about 4.10pm. Did see a police van parked at the end of the driveway up to biddy hill car park at about that time too.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:21pm
Just been informed that the police have now extended thier search to woodchurch.Police are all over the top end near to arrow park.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:25pm
Ceefax 1720hrs still looking for third man
Mate just texted me to say that a another mate's dad (who lives in Primrose) saw the body, so I guess that means the bloke never even made it to Arrowe frown
I expect the Wirral Globe reporter was hot on the scene to get information for the local paper when it comes out on Wednesday. It's horrible to think people out there are carrying knives but lets not get too fearful as this is reported as being a family matter.
OMG thats bad carnt believe that like feel sorry for the poor lad that has lost his dad frown
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 5:37pm
just watched north west news on bbc and it looked like it was on upton road ?? but they did confirm the boy was 14
Maybe it happened in Foxglove Rd - that was taped off apparently
anymore news people
just been on another website, looks like a double stabbing, think at least 1 dead, dont know for sure.
I've found out more but not sure its appropriate to post on here.
OK - Just to set the record straight - the man who did the stabbing was not the manager of the Heather Brow.

If you really want to know you'll have to PM me.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 7:54pm
Does anyone know if he has been caught yet?
Posted By: DavidB Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:02pm
Post it up Miss,G! (or PM me wink )
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:10pm
Has he been caught yet .
Haven't heard anything yet.

I'll check my grapevine who is actually in Leicester receiving txts from her dad who lives in claughton lol
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Originally Posted by bert1
Chopper flew towards Speak 1600 hrs,

Makes sense - I heard sirens at about 4.10pm. Did see a police van parked at the end of the driveway up to biddy hill car park at about that time too.

Van was still parked there at 6pm
My source says they haven't caught him yet.
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:17pm
It is worrying when its so close and he could still be running around with the knife.
Try not to think about it angie - i'm sure they'll catch up with him eventually. Can't run forever.
If it was a domestic incident which got out of hand - which it sounds like it is, he's going to be more frightened on us than we are of him.
Posted By: bert1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:43pm
police are looking for white man in 40s, stocky build, balding, 5-8" wearing black and grey padded jacket.
Helicopter is out again
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:46pm
Where is the helicopter now
OVER HOBLYN ROAD!
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:48pm
seems to be circling Bidston.
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:49pm
They obviously think he is still local.
RIGHT OVER ME HOUSE NOW
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:51pm
its above my house!!!!!!!!
Its just landed in my garden, cheeky fookers!! There goes me outhouse and me hedge!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:53pm
REALLY?!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:54pm
Went to mine about 3 and the road was blocked off turning left out of shrewsbury road.

Luckily, they let me into Mona street as thats the easiest way to mine.

It was on the granada news when I got in, but I didnt see the helicopter though.

Was going to take some pictures but didnt have my camera with me frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:55pm
its must b scary, knowing hes around sumwhere while the helicopter above ur houes wasnt it?
Well if you can still hear it in the sky its because they are broadcasting the sound into the air - so that people still think they are looking. This is what they do when they take a tea break. Just putting the kettle on now.

This thread has turned to sh*t and I am responsible.

SORRY frown
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:56pm
did it really
no

seeyu seeyu
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 8:57pm
Its just landed in my garden, cheeky fookers!! There goes me outhouse and me hedge!

lol.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/

Originally Posted by dava2479

lol.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/

raftl

I'm opening Word and composing my letter now.
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:00pm
I thought you must of had a really big garden
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:00pm
People are starting to create this image that this guy is a crazed serial killer.He is a man running scared prob wandering what to do for the best,we all know the best and logical option is to hand himself in.He is not running and looking for his next victim.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:01pm
sound familiar to me sumone who i knew once did the same thing as him
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:03pm
Just had news that this 3rd guy was picked up by Tam o`shanter and the 14 yr old has been in surgery all afternoon.This has`nt been confirmed yet,but it has come from a reliable source.
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:35pm
Ive just been talking to my mum on the phone and apparently
my brother, gave chase, and got the registration of the killer.

Its sad to say that he was also there as the man (Dad) Breathed his last breaths too.

As you can understand he was pretty upset about it.
Seeing someone die first hand. frown
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:39pm
omg
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:40pm
no way mark, was this your J ?
News said he died at Arrowe - news was wrong
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:46pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
no way mark, was this your J ?

Yeh

News said he died at Arrowe - news was wrong

Not according to me mum who was told of me brother?
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 10th Jan 2009 9:48pm
It may have just been that there was no-one on scene that was qualified to call TOD and pronounce life extinct. In that case, it would have had to have been done at Arrowe.
Oh right - mate's dad said he saw body in the street.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:50am
Just found this site while searching to see what the news is saying about this incident.

Just to let you know they still have not got the male they are looking for, this info is from an inside source.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:56am
Good evening Mr Ice Man. This thread has gone all over the place today. We've jumped to conclusions a bit, people have had paranoia, then we've had more accurate info. It's horrendous that this has happened. I am truly amazed that this man is still running. Unless someone is sheltering him. It was odd to hear the helicopter come back over earlier - as we thought it was all over.

The village is still blocked off from Houlighans up to the lights on Tollemache.

I wonder how many people have discovered us this evening due to this awful news story...
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:57am
Welcome Mr_Ice_Man

Thanks for the info
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:59am
Hello Mr Ice Man hi Welcome to the mad house!! Pull up a chair, get yourself a drink, kick back and enjoy!! If you need any help with stuff, just ask one of the mods - they're all a bit touched (except for me of course raftl ) but very helpful happy

Thanks for the info too!! happy

Posted By: kimpri Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:01am
IT WAS A GOOD MATE OF MINE JUST GOING TO GET BUS TO WATCH THE EVERTON GAME WITH HIS 14 YEAR OLD SON.STABBED BY A NUTTER 100 YARDS FROM WERE THEY LIVED' I LIVE JUST 500 YARDS FROM HIM .AS FOE THE COPPER WAKING PEOPLE UP POLICE IN GARDENS LOOKING FOR THE ATTACKER AT THE TAX PAYERS EXPENCE SORRY FOR YOU..?
Your both welcome.
I found out about this about 3pm as we was driveing to the area to drop my sister off in the flower roads.
Im from prenton myself so havnt heard any helicopters or anything tonight.
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:04am
So sorry kimpri1. Thoughts are with you all at this time.

Originally Posted by kimpri1
IT WAS A GOOD MATE OF MINE JUST GOING TO GET BUS TO WATCH THE EVERTON GAME WITH HIS 14 YEAR OLD SON.STABBED BY A NUTTER 100 YARDS FROM WERE THEY LIVED' I LIVE JUST 500 YARDS FROM HIM .AS FOE THE COPPER WAKING PEOPLE UP POLICE IN GARDENS LOOKING FOR THE ATTACKER AT THE TAX PAYERS EXPENCE SORRY FOR YOU..?

I'd heard it wasn't random and that the man knew his attacker.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:49am
NOT RANDOM FOR SURE AND MORE THAN KNEW HIS ATTACKER, SPENT A HOUR WITH SOME OF HIS FAMILY TONIGHT SAD HOUR BUT NOT UP TO ME TO SAY WOT HAPPEND OR WHY. HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND THANKS A LOT KIMPRI1....
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:02am
my familys thoughts are with you and all involved mate.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:27am
THANKS JONNO
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:54am
I think i can safely speak for all the wiki wirral community that all our thoughts are with you and all involved . I know it is a clique but if we can help in any way we will.It is the first time i have spoke for us all but with confidence i know it comes from the heart of wiki wirral
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 4:16am
Well said Jonno,and in respect from the U.E.Team I would just like to support Jonno on his comment and extend our regrets to you.God bless.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 7:22am
Just got back from work, working with a mother of a mate of the 14 year old, if that makes sense. Got the whole story, what happened and why it happened. I dont think it would be right of me to post it at this time, but I will say it wasnt a random attack, The Victim Knew the Attacker and there was a motive.
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 7:23am
Originally Posted by WADDI
Just got back from work, working with a mother of a mate of the 14 year old, if that makes sense. Got the whole story, what happened and why it happened. I dont think it would be right of me to post it at this time, but I will say it wasnt a random attack, The Victim Knew the Attacker and there was a motive.

yeah! i also know why mate and the names of the people involved!
but it aint right to post!
Posted By: Waddi Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 7:28am
Originally Posted by Dj_Macca
Originally Posted by WADDI

yeah! i also know why mate and the names of the people involved!
but it aint right to post!

Ditto, just wanted to put people's minds at rest, it seems they are thinking that he is just running around bidston looking for people to stab.

I heard during the night, that the young lad had come round tho, which is good news.
well said!
Originally Posted by jonno40
I think i can safely speak for all the wiki wirral community that all our thoughts are with you and all involved . I know it is a clique but if we can help in any way we will.It is the first time i have spoke for us all but with confidence i know it comes from the heart of wiki wirral

Thanks Jonno
I'd also like to thank all those that do have names etc for NOT posting and showing the respect these guys are due - Thanks Guys. xx

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:58am
turns out that the victim is a very good friend of my family. and also a few others on hear.so please have respect thanks all
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 11:49am
No worries Jase, you know we all will. Same happened to me a while back with another piece of news and everyone was respectful so I don' think you'll have a problem babes.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:01pm
Maybe its time we closed this thread down, out of respect to the family and those that knew him.

I think a lot of people have found their way to our site while searching for this story in the news. I am not sure that that is a good reason to find us, if that makes sense.

Could Admin, Mods please consider this. After all, details will be revealed on the news over the next week.

I am truly sorry for all those concerned. This is a tragic thing to happen to a family. Our thoughts are with all those that this man leaves behind; especially his son. We have everything crossed for his full recovery right now.

*Hope I am not out of turn speaking for all Wiki in this matter*
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:04pm
Maybe its time we closed this thread down, out of respect to the family and those that knew him.

I think a lot of people have found their way to our site while searching for this story in the news. I am not sure that that is a good reason to find us, if that makes sense.

Could Admin, Mods please consider this. After all, details will be revealed on the news over the next week.

I am truly sorry for all those concerned. This is a tragic thing to happen to a family. Our thoughts are with all those that this man leaves behind; especially his son. We have everything crossed for his full recovery right now.

*Hope I am not out of turn speaking for all Wiki in this matter*

Couldnt aggree more.. withthat smile
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 12:07pm
Sounds like a good idea MissG.
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:29pm

Well said Jonno40 happy

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash this terrible event.
And end up as the Front page of the Globe too.

I know the father died is there an update on the lad?
BBC News has updated now:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7822746.stm
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:53pm
Originally Posted by BBC
Merseyside Police are hunting a third man over the killing, which they have described as "domestic related".

He is described as white, aged in his 40s, of stocky build, around 5ft 8ins tall, balding and wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

So is he still on the loose ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:54pm
ye he is mark.
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:55pm
They should have released a picture by now. omg
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 1:56pm
good point.
Can anyone update me whats going on
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 2:37pm

happy
thanks jase
carnt believe they havent foubd him yet thats bad
eh i have just heard police sirens comming down toward my street so either way i think they have found him smile
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:01pm
HOW can you imply they have found him just because you heard sirens they could be for anything ....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:02pm
HOW can you imply they have found him just because you heard sirens they could be for anything ....

withthat
sorry was ment to say something else
Posted By: chriskay Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:28pm
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
sorry was ment to say something else

So, what happened; your fingers kept hitting the wrong keys?
i'm still drunk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:36pm
MODERATOR NOTICE : Keep on Topic please.
well i think this loon will be caught very soon :)Then when he does get caught hope he has a horrible time in prision laugh smile laugh
why did he even join in the argument with the son and the dad and look what has happened the poor incicent lad has lhhost his dad and is fighting for his own life i really do jope me maked it through i really do hope he does smile
Posted By: ghostly1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:53pm
I think this is a tragic tale of events and i offer my deepest condolences to those grieving right now.

I think the BBC need to edit that news story though as it uses the deceased surname towards the end of the story as the person who the police are looking for. I know its only a small thing but could cause offence to the family.
Originally Posted by xxbad_babexx
well i think this loon will be caught very soon :)Then when he does get caught hope he has a horrible time in prision laugh smile laugh
why did he even join in the argument with the son and the dad and look what has happened the poor incicent lad has lhhost his dad and is fighting for his own life i really do jope me maked it through i really do hope he does smile

I don't think it is wise to refer to him as a loon. We have no idea of the facts, the motive etc. Can we remove such comments please?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 3:57pm
Detectives have identified a man they are hunting over a double stabbing on Merseyside that left a man dead and his son seriously injured.

[Linked Image]

Police say Gary Finlay is considered dangerous

====CLICK HEAR===
seee he is dangerous
yeah he may be considered dangerous, but still doesn't mean he's a loon

i just dont understand why he got involved. hopefully he will be caught soon

condolences to the family
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 6:20pm
That's the man according to the BBC Website

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by bbc
A spokeswoman said: "Merseyside Police must stress that we firmly believe that Gary Finlay may pose a risk to members of the public and I would urge any members of the public who has seen him to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately."

Mr Finlay is described as a white, 5ft 8in tall, of stocky build, with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

Members of the public are advised not to approach him.

That looks like a Mug Shot.
So i guess he's been in trouble before.
I agree with you there mark smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 6:39pm
Sausage isn't happy, she works at Tam O'shanter.

Does he live local?
He must do joe, he's got to
Posted By: peodude Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 7:22pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
Does he live local?

Originally Posted by BBC News
On Sunday, detectives revealed the man they were looking for in connection with the attack was Mr Finlay, from Prenton.
Prenton is classed as all over the place nower days
true becuase i get letters classed round here saying its prenton smile
Lansdowne Rd has a Prenton postcode
Lansdowne Rd has a Prenton postcode

Does anyone know the real place were he is from like, Woodchurch, Noctorum, Oxton, North End, ya know what i mean lol
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 9:46pm
if you had anyones dob you can find out anything about anyone wink
I don't think it really matters where he's from - its not like he went home and put the kettle on.

I was thinking earlier how easy it would be to slip off the Wirral on a boat bound for just about anywhere from Birkenhead docks - but now I'm going off topic. I assume the police keep their eyes on the waterfronts.
Well it does matter were he is from coz he myabe near were we live which isnt a good thing at all when he can just kill people like he did and in the open.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 9:55pm
The echo is reporting that he also has links to the south west
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:07pm
Wow, this is really odd, how come he hasn't been caught yet, I wonder if he has taken a house hostage ......
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:12pm
Let's not get paranoid.

Sanchez - maybe you should start work on the 'made for television' version of this story. doh
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:14pm
dont give him ideas
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:14pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Wow, this is really odd, how come he hasn't been caught yet, I wonder if he has taken a house hostage ......

Ive been thinking this, i know it sounds abit over the top but this happens and it may have done this time.
Dont forget he left his car near the woods so how is he going to get round.

But the place were ive been told he lives it isnt far from the woods at all so he could even be in a friends.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:23pm
I would have thought the law would be breathing heavily down the neck of every person he might call a friend.

There are other options this desperate man may have taken, but do we really have to speculate? I know it may sound sentimental but this man has a family too. I doubt they are incredibly proud of him right now, but despite what he has done I am sure they are concerned for his wellbeing.

This doesn't of course excuse the despicable events of yesterday.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:36pm
Just abit of news, this is 100% correct the killer Gary Finlay is the relation of the manager (Paul Finlay) from The Heather Brow. Who has run the pub for more than 20 years for Tony Houlihan.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:37pm
Yeah, I heard that yesterday and for some time we were thinking it was the landlord that had been involved in the crime.
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:40pm
Yeah, I heard that yesterday and for some time we were thinking it was the landlord that had been involved in the crime.

No it deffo wasnt the landlord.
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 11th Jan 2009 10:58pm
yeah! i heard that too
Posted By: AR_One Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 8:04am
"Wow, this is really odd, how come he hasn't been caught yet, I wonder if he has taken a house hostage ......"

I did wonder if he was still alive, ie he may of immediately regretted what he'd done and jumped into the Mersey.
Its a distinct possibility
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 11:52am
There is now a picture of Graham McKenna who was stabbed.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 12:08pm
Both were rushed to Arrowe Park hospital where Mr McKenna, who only returned from Territorial Army duty the day before, died.

A calculated crime?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 1:39pm
Wow, what a tradgic and sudden waste of life, the poor boy too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 1:45pm
At the Request of a Family member we have been asked to
post this notice again.

[b]MODERATOR NOTICE : Local News Forum
Please be respectful towards topics of local news.
Remember there could be a family grieving right now. Or unaware of a loved one being injured.
Only when we are fully aware of the facts can we truly form an opinion. Thanks.[/b]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 2:00pm
Well come on Jase it is though really ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 3:03pm
Stabbed to death as he walked with his boy

[Linked Image]
Everton fan Graham McKenna, 45, was attacked as he made his way to Goodison Park with son Michael, 14, on Saturday afternoon.

They were on their way to catch the Soccerbus in Upton Road – close to their Claughton home – when they were ambushed at around 1pm.

Merseyside police said the murder was “domestic-related”.

And they took the unusual step of naming Gary Finlay as the man they want to speak to.

Detectives warned the 46-year-old is dangerous and should not be approached.

Police said both dad and son were knifed repeatedly but managed to stagger to nearby Speedwell Road where they collapsed.

Both were rushed to Arrowe Park hospital where Mr McKenna, who only returned from Territorial Army duty the day before, died.

Michael, a pupil at Ridgeway school, in Prenton, today remains in a serious but stable condition.

The knifeman got into a car shortly after the stabbing and sped away from the scene.

A Honda was later found abandoned near Bidston Hill.

[Linked Image]
Mr Finlay is said to be known to Mr McKenna and locals said he used to be in a relationship with a member of the victim’s family.

Police think he may have fled Merseyside and officers are liaising with other forces across the UK.

Finlay is described as white, 5ft 8in, stocky with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey jacket.

Anyone with any information should call police on 0151-777 2263 or Crimestoppers hotline on 0800 555 111.

<-----source----->
Posted By: Wheels Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 6:20pm
I can't belive it!!!!!

Sgt mac as I knew him. I never realized that it was him until now . Sgt mac helped me in army college and was someone I looked up to. He was an amazing solider and i'm sure will be missed by many many people.

I can't belive he served for his country and was killed by this barstard! If I see this finley fooker I'll kill him myself!

I hope michael gets better soon and I'm sorry for his loss.
Rest in peace mac x
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 6:24pm
That's so sad!! Our Troops have enough problems abroad without "our own" turning against them.

My sincerest sympathies are with the family.
Posted By: jonno40 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 6:53pm
There are a few of us on here that knew mac mckenna .I served for 12 years in the cheshire regiment with mac and only recently met him in the claughton for a pint .The words good guy are a underestimation of the man ,He would always put others first and was an excellent instuctor,his main passion in life other than his family was Everton fc so how sad this happened on the way to the match.
RIP MAC
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Jan 2009 6:55pm
After speaking to my mum again tonight it seems that it was my brother that was one of the first on the scene.

He actually seen the stabbing take place,
my mum said he was going to get in his car and give chase
but couldn't leave the father and son. And he was also there
when the father Graham McKenna also breathed his last breath too.

He wanted to wait for the Ambulance and Police to arrive.

I'm told that he just pulled up in his car and the attack took place.

As you have read from the news stories he was walking to the bus stop
to go to the Everton match with his son.

Tragic loss of life.

On the News tonight the Murderer is still on the loose.
Tragic loss of life. frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 13th Jan 2009 5:31pm
Appeal to Gary Finlay over Graham McKenna killing
[Linked Image]

THE brother of a man wanted in connection with the murder of a man and the stabbing of his schoolboy son today begged him to hand himself in.

Paul Finlay, 55, told the ECHO his brother Gary seemed increasingly troubled in recent months.

He said the 46-year-old appeared to be dwelling on the split with his wife Debbie, the sister of murder victim Graham McKenna’s wife, five years ago.

Mr McKenna, 45, and his son Michael, 14, were ambushed as they went to watch Everton’s game on Saturday afternoon.

The pair were on their way to catch the Soccerbus at 1pm when they were ambushed in Upton Road, Claughton, Wirral.

Michael, a pupil at Ridgeway School, Noctorum, survived despite being stabbed five times in the chest and stomach.

He was today said to be in a stable condition with his family by his bedside.

His dad, a former soldier, was taken to Arrowe Park hospital but died of his injuries.

On Sunday Merseyside police named Gary Finlay as the man they wanted to speak to in connection with the double stabbing, describing him as dangerous and not to be approached.

Mr Finlay, landlord of the Heather Brow, in Claughton, said: “I last spoke to Gary before Christmas. The police are ringing three times a day but if we knew anything we’d tell them.

“If Gary’s responsible for this I can only think that he’s come to boiling point. It’s tragic and we’re so glad that the son is alive.

“If he’s out there and he reads this I’m asking him to give himself up and come forward – my fear is that he’s going to do something to himself.”

Mr Finlay added: “He loved his children. He went down south to see if he could get them to come back. He was always asking and he hadn’t seen them for a while.

“He has a boy and girl, one 14, one 18. He liked to go fishing with his son and do the normal things a father would.

“He hasn’t worked for a few years. He was a labourer but injured his knee.”

Gary Finlay is one of 10 children and police have been quizzing family members about his whereabouts.

Michael McKenna’s headteacher at Ridgeway high school, today praised the “popular and hardworking” student.

Pauline Roberts said: “Staff and pupils here are deeply shocked by what has happened to Michael and his father.

The liverpool echo
[Linked Image]

A house this evening in Speedwell Rd - I assume it is the McKenna family's. Loads of flowers as well as Everton shirts and scarves.
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 13th Jan 2009 6:15pm
I believe that's where he died omg
Ive just been around the scene and there is police and vans all around and in Old School Way in claughton.
Yeah I saw a mobile cctv van parked by wilfred owen drive, then turned my head the other way and a police car passed. Do they really think Gary Finlay is still in WIrral? Are they doing their 'increased police presence to reassure the locals' jobby?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 20th Jan 2009 4:48pm
Fresh appeal after double stabbing

POLICE have launched a fresh appeal for help in their hunt for a man wanted as part of a murder investigation.

[Linked Image]

They are still searching for Gary Finlay after Graham McKenna died following an incident in Claughton on Saturday, January 10.

Mr McKenna, 45, and his son were on their way to catch the Goodison match bus on Upton Road, When Mr McKenna was first attacked in Foxglove Road and again in Speedwell Road.

Following this Mr McKenna's 14-year-old son was attacked in Foxglove Road.

Both were taken to hospital, where Graham McKenna later died but doctors were able to save the life of Michael.

The offender then got into a Honda car and drove towards Bidston Hill, where the car was later recovered.

Detectives would like to speak to anyone who was in the Bidston Hill and surrounding area at this time.

Acting Inspector Andy O'Connor said: "The Bidston Hill area is a very popular area for dog walkers and ramblers and we are keen for anyone who may been in the area on Saturday, January 10 to come forward.

“They may have seen something of great importance to the investigation.

"If the information isn't relevant then nothing will be lost but it could be vital.

"The community are the key in assisting us to finding Gary Finlay, we have already received considerable information and they have given support to the McKenna family.

"I would urge anyone who may have seen Mr Finlay on that day or that may have information about the incident to come forward."

"We will not rest until we have brought the offender to justice.

“Merseyside Police must stress that we firmly believe that Gary Finlay may pose a risk to members of the public and I would urge any members of the public who has seen him to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.

Gary Finlay is described as a white, 5ft 8in tall, stocky build, with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

The public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay, as he is considered to be dangerous, but if anyone does see him they should report the sighting to their nearest police station.

They can also contact officers at the dedicated incident room on 0151 777 2263.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE
Why are they still focusing on the hill?
I mean even if you did see a big bearly bald man run past you in a hurry, what difference would it make to report it? They knew he went to the hill. Maybe he ran straight over it, down to Bidston station and caught a train.
He could be anywhere by now.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 2:30pm

Murder man's family thanks community

THE FAMILY of Graham McKenna - the former soldier who was stabbed to death in broad daylight and his son badly wounded - have spoken about their grief.

Their statement comes after police investigating the double knife attack made a fresh appeal to the public for information.

Mr McKenna, 45, died on Saturday, January 10, in Speedwell Road, Claughton after being stabbed during an assault.

His son Michael, 14, a Ridgeway High School pupil, was also badly injured in the incident.

Police want to question Gary Finlay, a former member of Mr McKenna’s extended family, in connection with the attack.

In a statement, Mr KcKenna’s grieiving wife Gillian said: “Graham's tragic death has totally devastated his family and friends and we are finding it difficult to come to terms with our loss.

“We would like to thank the local community for their messages of support during this difficult time and the media for continuing to appeal for information about Graham's murder.

"We are urging people to come forward if they have any information that could assist Merseyside Police with their investigation."

Mr McKenna and his son were on their way to catch the Goodison Park match bus on Upton Road when Mr McKenna was first attacked in Foxglove Road and again in Speedwell Road. Michael was then attacked in Foxglove Road.

Both collapsed and were taken to hospital, where Graham McKenna later died but doctors were able to save the life of Michael.

The offender then got into a Honda car and drove towards Bidston Hill, where the car was later recovered.

Detectives want to speak to anyone who was in the Bidston Hill and surrounding area at that time.

Acting Inspector Andy O'Connor said: "The Bidston Hill area is a very popular area for dog walkers and ramblers and we are keen for anyone who may been in the area on Saturday, January 10 to come forward.

“They may have seen something of great importance to the investigation.

"If the information isn't relevant then nothing will be lost but it could be vital.

"The community are the key in assisting us to finding Gary Finlay. We have already received considerable information and they have given support to the McKenna family.

"I would urge anyone who may have seen Mr Finlay on that day or that may have information about the incident to come forward.

"We will not rest until we have brought the offender to justice.

“Merseyside Police must stress that we firmly believe that Gary Finlay may pose a risk to members of the public and I would urge any members of the public who has seen him to contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 immediately.”

Gary Finlay is described as a white, 5ft 8in tall, stocky build, with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

The public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay, as he is considered to be dangerous, but if anyone does see him they should report the sighting to their nearest police station.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 3:32pm
Maybe I've missed it, but has a photograph been issued of this Finlay thing ?? Has its mugshot been in the local press ? It would be an idea to have it on this forum.

A photo would be much better than a purely written description.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 3:49pm
there is photos of him all over this topic mate... happy

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 4:10pm
DOH ! I haven't followed this thread blow by blow. Just backtracked and spotted three for starters !

One out of ten for observation then !! Sorry.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 4:14pm
lol happy
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
DOH ! I haven't followed this thread blow by blow. Just backtracked and spotted three for starters !

One out of ten for observation then !! Sorry.

Just incase the others were to small laugh
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 5:22pm
THAT'S more like it !! Thanks. Just on my way to Specsavers now !!
did anybody see the police tape and the two squad cars on the piece of grass on the junction of tollemache road and ashburton road today? just wondering if its connected?
There were mounted police trotting up Bidston Avenue today, and the CCTV van was hovering around again (always seems to be parked on Tollemache by Hill Rd).
Posted By: jimbob Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 21st Jan 2009 9:59pm
the cctv van was waching the usual drug runs to the ford, maybe the horses where out for a walk { the usual keep a police presence after the horse has bolted {or maybe shut the gate after they have gone}
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 22nd Jan 2009 2:15pm
Recognise this person? Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111

[Linked Image]

Detectives investigationg the murder are keen to trace Mr Finlay, who has links to the Prenton area but also to the South West of England.
Gary Finlay is considered dangerous and should not be approached by members of the public. Anyone who has information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2263 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

--->Crimestoppers<---
Looks like a deformed E.T.

Hopew the family and mates catch him before the police do.
Teutonics - Gary Finlay has family too. They are local and could be reading this. You could well be saying what a lot are thinking but his family are probably going through enough right now - just my opinion
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 27th Jan 2009 2:35pm
Crimewatch appeal over Claughton knife killing suspect

THE hunt for a man wanted over the murder of a Claughton man will go nationwide tonight with the screening of an appeal on the BBC's Crimewatch programme.

Police have already scoured Merseyside and the south coast in their efforts to find Gary Finlay, who is wanted in connection with the stabbing of Graham McKenna.

The 45-year-old was stabbed in front of his teenage son as they made their way to watch Everton play Hull City.

Finlay, 46, will be one of eight faces featured in the programme's "Most Wanted" section,

Mr McKenna and his son Michael, 14, were ambushed in Upton Road, Claughton, on Saturday, January 10. They were attacked and found collapsed in nearby Speedwell Road.

Michael, a pupil at Ridgeway High School, survived despite being stabbed five times.

HIs father, a former soldier, was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital but died later.

A police spokesman said: "We still want to speak to Gary Finlay in connection with our investigation into the death of Mr McKenna.

"We hope someone will see him on the Crimewatch programme and tell us where he is."

Finlay is white, 5ft 8 and stocky with blue eyes. He is balding and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts should call police on 777 2263 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

WIRRAL NEWS
Just seen his picture on the line up then
Posted By: Mr_Ice_Man Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 27th Jan 2009 10:07pm
Just looking at the Live Updates on the Crimewatch website and this it was it says, (gary finlay is picture 8)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 12:07am
so has anybody seen him up there?
some body give him up to crime stoppers please!
i doubt he looks anything like his picture if he is still alive. I for one would not keep my identity looking anything like that mugshot!!
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 8:29am
yes i agree,he will prob grow his hair to a skinhead or wear a wooly hat.but you cant mistake the gap between his two front teeth or that evil look in his eyes!!
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 8:38pm
Thursday, January 29, 2009, 09:05

Schools on red alert for murder suspect

SCHOOLS in Falmouth and Penryn have been put on alert after the prime suspect in a murder inquiry is thought to have headed to the area.

Police have warned the public not to approach Gary Finlay (pictured right), who is wanted in connection with the death of a man in Merseyside and has been described as "dangerous".

Finlay, 46, is understood to have personal links with Falmouth and to a school in the area.

Police have visited all primary and secondary schools in the two towns to give advice.

The headteacher of one primary school said: "The school has complied with the police request to be vigilant, but to manage the situation sensibly to avoid unhelpful hysteria within the community.
"All members of staff have been fully briefed and we have an action plan in place."

The presence of an armed response unit in Acacia Road, Falmouth, last Tuesday is believed to be related to the search for Finlay.

Merseyside Police are heading the investigation into the death of Graham McKenna, who died on January 10 in Claughton.

Following the violent stabbing, Mr McKenna's 14-year-old son was also attacked.

This week a fresh appeal for information has been made, including Finlay's face being featured in BBC Crimewatch's 'most wanted' list on Tuesday night.

Merseyside officers are liaising with Devon and Cornwall Police as they think he may be in the South West.

"Members of the public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay as he is considered to be dangerous," said Superintendent Jon Ward, Merseyside police chief.

Detective Sergeant Ian Pengelly, of Truro CID, said: "We have had no positive sightings of him at all.

"We have done everything we possibly can do to ascertain if he is here, but none of the sightings have been confirmed as being him. There's nothing to say he is here at the moment, but there is nothing to say he is not."

Finlay is described as five feet eight inches tall and of medium build. He walks with a limp and was last seen wearing a black and dark grey padded jacket.

Anyone who does see him is asked to contact their local police station on 08452 777444.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 10:09pm
do you have a source were you got the info from please Kaz smile
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 10:18pm
yes it was the copy of the front page of west briton newspaper which came out today ...look on line at ..this is cornwall .co.uk or just type in west briton
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 10:27pm
thanks smile

Schools on red alert for murder suspect

CORNWELL NEWS
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 10:33pm
thank you for putting it on the correct way ,i,m not to good at all this technology.......please look out for this ma ....animal.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 29th Jan 2009 10:58pm
lol its ok hun. pm sent to youhappy
New picture is out of Gary Finlay
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by biscansplums
did anybody see the police tape and the two squad cars on the piece of grass on the junction of tollemache road and ashburton road today? just wondering if its connected?

Just found out what this was, a man had sat on the bench which is there and died of a heart attack aged 60+
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 30th Jan 2009 7:52pm
hi mate where did you get the foto from? and when was it taken,cos he looks alot thinner in this one.
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 30th Jan 2009 8:22pm
its ok mate i found it on the bbc crimewatch website.
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 30th Jan 2009 10:17pm
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44718229150&ref=nf
look at this to help find gary finlay....pleas
Posted By: Ducko Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 2:15pm
police r diging the caves entrance with a mini digger is all taped off mmmmmmm

This Post and following has been Merged from
a similar running Topic.
Posted By: scoops Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 2:22pm
They're looking for the penguin lol
pic

Attached picture DSCF4339_640x480.jpg
Posted By: Ducko Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 3:12pm
forensics also present

Attached picture Photo0732.jpg
Attached picture Photo0730.jpg
Attached picture Photo0731.jpg
Attached picture Photo0729.jpg
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 3:30pm
probs re-blocking it of
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 3:43pm
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
O My Goodness Do they think Gary Finlay was hiding out in there????? It would make sense - how you can disappear from view of a helicopter with IR cam on board!!!!! Sheeeeesh!!!!

We're talking about the air-raid tunnels here aren't we?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 4:09pm

it is miss yes yes
yep,that`s the one.off Hoylake Road.
Maybe there's been a tip off...
It's not Finlay they're looking for; it's Tux the arch criminal.
raftl raftl raftl @ chris
Originally Posted by chriskay

Is that where all the arches have gone from round here? Stolen?

And his partner in crime Tuxey. raftl raftl raftl
hi all. new to texting so dont shout if i get it wrong. thanks to all who welcomed me to the sites. spoke to the council bloke at the tunnels today. it has been back filled with soil. asked if there was any chance of opening them to the public and he said that a lot of people have been enquiring about them.got photos but it says i cant put them on cause file is too big. didnt know about this til late and i was working only 200metres away. gutted.dont spend much time on computer but keep watching as i have a lot of info about them.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 6:04pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
probs re-blocking it of

raftl

I`m sure the police have better things to be doing smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 6:08pm
Maybe there's been a tip off...

raftl

Whats with all the silly `theories` today?
Its what I do Ste. Armchair police officer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 6:13pm
Originally Posted by Dava2479

And his partner in crime Tuxey. raftl raftl raftl

withthat withstupid withthat withstupid withthat raftl raftl raftl raftl

Is that where all the arches have gone from round here? Stolen?

Yep, Tux has got them stashed in the tunnels.
Gutted
Posted By: Wheels Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 7:21pm
Originally Posted by THEWIRRALMOLE
hi all. new to texting so dont shout if i get it wrong. thanks to all who welcomed me to the sites. spoke to the council bloke at the tunnels today. it has been back filled with soil. asked if there was any chance of opening them to the public and he said that a lot of people have been enquiring about them.got photos but it says i cant put them on cause file is too big. didnt know about this til late and i was working only 200metres away. gutted.dont spend much time on computer but keep watching as i have a lot of info about them.

interesting smile
Posted By: hoseman Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 7:24pm
cudve left em open for us, promise to back fill when weve finished-- HONEST!!!!
Been down there, im happy, nothing else to discover in them caves, glad i did it, cacked meself getting in but well worth it, havnt been in them since i was about 10!!!
Originally Posted by hoseman
cudve left em open for us, promise to back fill when weve finished-- HONEST!!!!
Been down there, im happy, nothing else to discover in them caves, glad i did it, cacked meself getting in but well worth it, havnt been in them since i was about 10!!!
lmao lol
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 3rd Feb 2009 11:04pm
how can the police be offering a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person who shot keatinge, and have not said anything about catching the scunbag gary finlay who stabbed graham mckenna. SOMEONE MUST BE HELPING HIM. it is almost 4 weeks now since this terrible thing happened .

Please say a prayer tomorrow for Graham Mckenna it would have been his birthday.

Missing you from all the family god bless you.R.I.P
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44718229150&ref=nf
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 8:00am
Tragic

My hunch is he has someone helping him / or he has someone under a treat to help him.

Or he's out the county ?
Originally Posted by Mark
Tragic

My hunch is he has someone helping him / or he has someone under a treat to help him.

Or he's out the county ?

A treat
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 8:40am
Apparently its just been on the Radio (Radio City)
That they are or Have Opened the Tunnels at Bidston to Look for Finlay.

But it think that's already yesterdays news.
To us anyways.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 8:42am
Stab crime cops search Bidston Hill tunnels

POLICE hunting a man wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of a former soldier from Claughton three weeks ago have begun searching a maze of disused tunnels inside Bidston Hill.

The flat, grid-shaped tunnels, which originally had three entrances and one emergency exit, connect to former air raid shelters which have long been sealed to the public for safety purpopses.

Officers have confirmed to the Globe that the decision to open up the tunnels beneath the hill is part of an ongoing effort to trace the whereabouts of 46-year-old Gary Finlay.

They want to question him about the death of Graham McKenna, 45, who was stabbed in broad daylight on the afternoon of January 10 and died later in hospital from his injuries.

Mr McKenna's son Michael, 14, a Ridgeway High School pupil, was also seriously injured in the attack, but doctors were able to save him.

After the stabbing, the attacker was seen to get into a Honda car which was later found abandoned on Bidston Hill.

Finlay, who officers describe as "dangerous" and warn should not be approached, has not been seen since the day of the double stabbing.

Officers are also conducting inquiries in the south west of England where it is believed Finlay also has connections.

A TV Crimewatch appeal last week resulted in over 30 calls being made by members of the public, said Merseyside Police.

Anyone with information about Finlay's whereabouts should contact the incident room on 0151 777 2263, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
THE WIRRAL GLOBE
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 8:42am
Stab crime cops search Bidston Hill tunnels

POLICE hunting a man wanted in connection with the fatal stabbing of a former soldier from Claughton three weeks ago have begun searching a maze of disused tunnels inside Bidston Hill.

The flat, grid-shaped tunnels, which originally had three entrances and one emergency exit, connect to former air raid shelters which have long been sealed to the public for safety purpopses.

Officers have confirmed to the Globe that the decision to open up the tunnels beneath the hill is part of an ongoing effort to trace the whereabouts of 46-year-old Gary Finlay.

They want to question him about the death of Graham McKenna, 45, who was stabbed in broad daylight on the afternoon of January 10 and died later in hospital from his injuries.

Mr McKenna's son Michael, 14, a Ridgeway High School pupil, was also seriously injured in the attack, but doctors were able to save him.

After the stabbing, the attacker was seen to get into a Honda car which was later found abandoned on Bidston Hill.

Finlay, who officers describe as "dangerous" and warn should not be approached, has not been seen since the day of the double stabbing.

Officers are also conducting inquiries in the south west of England where it is believed Finlay also has connections.

A TV Crimewatch appeal last week resulted in over 30 calls being made by members of the public, said Merseyside Police.

Anyone with information about Finlay's whereabouts should contact the incident room on 0151 777 2263, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
THE WIRRAL GLOBE
Someone has posted on Facebook that they have found Gary Finlay. m Not sure how true it is.
Posted By: Dj_Macca Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 11:45am
O My Goodness Do they think Gary Finlay was hiding out in there????? It would make sense - how you can disappear from view of a helicopter with IR cam on board!!!!! Sheeeeesh!!!!

it sure is true! thats why!
macca - i've had a report he's been found, but not down the tunnels
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 12:27pm
dont think he would have the balls!!!!! and i think we would be the first to know
See todays WirralGlobe-front page-"police have begun searching a maze of disused tunnels inside Bidston Hill- Officers confirmed to the Globe that the decision to open up the tunnels beneath the hill is part of an ongoing effort to trace the whereabouts of Gary Finlay" Ooh! Exciting isn't it?
Where did you get your info, Miss?
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 12:32pm
its just rumours ....he aint got the balls to hang himself!!!!, and we would hav been told by now!
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 12:35pm
It can take a day or two to confirm identity Kaz plus PM etc. As harsh as it sounds, his family would be notified first.
It has been mentioned on city Talk news at 1200 today (4/2/09) that diggers are being brought in to open up the tunnels to look for Gary Finlay.

It would be difficult to survive the cold and the dampness in there this weather, if anyone was to use it as a hide-out.
Posted By: karenc1 Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 12:40pm
yes ur right ,but it would get to us somehow official or unofficial, we r just waitin 4 that call to say hes found
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 12:49pm
Kaz - if you have an FLO, get in contact with him/her. They will be able to confirm or deny it.

x
The Police had the Helicoptor out for about 2 hours on the Saturday of the stabbing, so they must be sure he has 'gone to ground'. The tunnels were opened by someone this year but the gap was very narrow when I had a look there in the summer, so it wouldn't be easy to get in.

There hasn't been much publicity nationally, considering the seriousness of what he did. I hope they do catch up with him.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 1:44pm
Family heartbreak on the day they should have celebrated his birthday

GRAHAM McKenna’s family should be putting up balloons today and watching him blow out the candles on the cake as he celebrated his 46th birthday.

Instead they are still struggling to come to terms with the senseless murder of the popular father-of-two.

A distinguished former soldier with tours of duty in some of the world’s most war-torn landscapes, Mr McKenna was knifed to death in front of his 14-year-old son Michael close to their Wirral home.

On Saturday January 10 the pair were on their way to Goodison Park to watch Everton play on one of their regular dad-and-lad days.

The two season ticket holders in the lower Gwladys Street were ambushed by a knifeman as they went to catch the Soccer Bus in Upton Road, Claughton.

Mr McKenna was stabbed repeatedly and his son knifed nine times.

They both collapsed on nearby Speedwell Road.

Mr McKenna died at Arrowe Park hospital.

Michael was today recovering with his family at home.

Today Mr McKenna’s wife Gill, 40, said the loss of her husband of 20 years had left a huge hole in her life.

A tearful Mrs McKenna said: “We all miss him so much. He was just lovely in every way. Graham was too young to die.

“He had so much to live for. We had so many plans that have been wiped out.

“Graham joined the army and served for 23 years. When he left in 2005 it was just family time for him. He promised he would never leave me again.

“He put his heart and soul into everything he did. Graham was loved by everyone who met him.

“We have seen that from the tributes so many people have left, and I can only thank them for those lovely words because they have given us strength.

“He finished in the army at the Birkenhead recruitment office, and even now, years on, people would stop us when we were out in town and say ‘Thanks Mac, you probably don’t remember me but you helped me make the right choice’.

“He just did what he could for other people. He was such a lovely friend and husband.

“No-one will ever replace him. Because of his tours in Bosnia, Northern Ireland, Kenya and so many others I thought he was indestructible.

“Now I can’t believe he has gone.

“Today we should be celebrating Graham’s 46th birthday with our family and friends.

“But his body still hasn’t been released to us so we can’t even bury him. We will just have to spend it together as a family.”

Yesterday, for the first time, Mrs McKenna visited the scene where her husband was killed.

She looked at the piles of tributes, flowers and Everton memorabilia left by well-wishers.

Mr McKenna’s mother Pat Carpenter said that after growing up with three brothers and two sisters, Graham forged his own way in the world and was determined to do something with his natural intrigue and love of exploring.

Stopped by her from signing up at 16, he joined the army when he became an adult and met Gill in 1985 when he was home on leave from his posting in Hong Kong.

From then on the pair were inseparable.

The family they raised travelled the globe with his job until daughter Amy, 19, began secondary school and they settled down in their native Claughton.

Hairdresser Amy said: “The person responsible for this has devastated our family.

“Our dad served in the Cheshire Regiment for 22 years and had missed several birthdays and Christmas with us. Now this was meant to be our family time together.

“We will love our dad forever. He will never be forgotten and he will live on through us and our children.

“To live in the hearts of those we love is not to die.

“I still can’t believe he is gone. He was the fittest man you would meet and if he’d died from cancer or something we might be able to accept it – but not this way.

“I still think, because he spent so much time away when I was a kid, that he is just away again and I keep looking out of the window waiting for him to come back.”

On leaving the army Mr McKenna got a job with the NHS fitting equipment in patients’ homes, and joined the local TA to pass on his expertise.

The day he died Graham was teaching a class of TA soldiers at Altcar training camp near Formby, before coming home to collect Michael and head to the match.

His sister Angela Major said: “There was just no-one like him. He was the most fantastic, caring person you would ever want to meet.

“Amy and Michael loved their dad, and he loved them and Gill with everything he had.

“We will all miss Graham so much.”

The day after Mr McKenna died police released details of their main suspect, Gary Finlay, 46.

Finlay has not been seen since January 10 and a nationwide manhunt is under way.

Mrs McKenna said: “The person responsible has taken away my husband and soul mate. He was a much loved father to his children and friend to all his loving family.

“We urge the public to contact the police or Crimestoppers with any information.”

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO
Posted By: Razzi Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 1:58pm
Yesterday (3rd feb)they opened up the main entrace to the Bidston tunnels (on Hoylake road) after a tip off that he has been hiding down there for all this time.
It was`nt a tip off.It was an investigation into the possibilities that he could be living/hiding in the tunnels.Once they realised that there is access to these tunnels they decided to open then up. wink
Just been informed that the model boating lake on Gautby Road has been cordoned off by Merseyside Police.

There is also a small square sectioned off near the trees of the lake.
Just been informed that the model boating lake on Gautby Road has been cordoned off by Merseyside Police.

There is also a small square sectioned off near the trees of the lake.

Cheers mate, keep us updated.
any one heard gary finley found dead is it true
There is word of that going round,but I woud`nt take much notice until it has been confirmed.
gary finley found dead on biddy hill does any one no if this is true
TC is on his way down to find out more. wink
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 4:10pm
Originally Posted by jeanny
gary finley found dead on biddy hill does any one no if this is true

See answer sandwiched between your posts happy
There's no mention of any of these things on BBC - obviously too worried about Londoners and their snow mad
Posted By: Wheels Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 4:13pm
wow
[Linked Image]
Yeah there.Thanks Missguided. happy
Just heard that it was cordoned off last night.

And unconfirmed reports now he has been staying at a house down the noth end, but as i say unconfirmed.
Posted By: Wench Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 4:31pm
I still have no idea where these places are, but then I'm not a "local" technically raftl
Ok,just had word from one of our guys at the lake now.The police are dredging the lake.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 4:46pm
any more info on why there are dredging it and if it is finley related?
Can a mod edit my post please, the information i put wasnt correct it wasnt sealed off last night i was told wrong location.
Posted By: kimpri Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 5:11pm
Just been down to lake there are no police or any one dredging the lake.nothing on finley being found at all
They left a little while ago,apparently they fished out a shopping trolley.lol.Will know more when TC comes back online.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 5:13pm
bummer frown
They left a little while ago,apparently they fished out a shopping trolley.lol.Will know more when TC comes back online.

Is that all - blimey - I'd expect more than a trolley!
Yeah I was hoping also.I`ve no idea how long they were there for,I was just tipped off that they had taped the area off.They may of been there for most of the day.
Ahh thats what this was all about.
[Linked Image]
Thay fished out a pram there was reports of a kids pushing a pram into the lake.as i got there the police were outside putting the pram into the police car.
raftl @ Iceman.

Something over nothing by the sounds of it.
so it may have been to do with a kid and a pram and not a major murder investigation...kids!!! attention-seeking little ****!
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 5:51pm
All 3 running threads have now been merged into one Topic.
If you walk up Hoylake Rd from St James Church to the other church with the police container outside then cross over the road go down the side street and you can't miss the boating lake on the left hand side
If you were at the 2nd church and carried on walking along Hoylake Rd past the houses on the left hand side if you look across the field towards the trees you will the Bidston tunnels
I'm not sure if they where called The Rods once
Anyone know
If they do do you know why
Posted By: Mark Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 5:57pm
Not sure if anyone posted a link to the Tunnels being opened?

Click me
Yes The Rods because of the rhododendrons - I only learnt that today!
Posted By: Razzi Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 6:11pm
i have learnt that .... apparently, a mother was feeding the ducks with a toddler and a younger baby in a pram & somehow the baby toppled out of the pram and ended up in the lake, i have no idea why the police were called tho.
The pram the police removed was wet! and the police said it was kids
Posted By: angie Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 6:34pm
My dad was on the hill this morning and he was told by a man up there that they found him hanged in the tunnels can anyone confirm this.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 4th Feb 2009 6:46pm
Originally Posted by angie
My dad was on the hill this morning and he was told by a man up there that they found him hanged in the tunnels can anyone confirm this.

GET REAL!

FINLAY WOULD NOT FIT IN THE TUNNELS!!!

I KNOW FOR A FACT!

He is too big!
has any one heard any more about gary finley found dead
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Feb 2009 2:38pm
Is Gary Finlay dead or being helped?

[Linked Image]

DETECTIVES said today a man wanted for the horrific murder of a Wirral man may have harmed himself.

Gary Finlay has not been seen since father-of-two Graham McKenna was stabbed to death in front of his teenage son as they made their way to watch Everton play.

None of Finlay’s credit or cash cards has been used, his mobile phone has remained dormant and he has not contacted any of his family.

The 46-year-old suspect was seen on Bidston Hill near the murder scene in Speedwell Road, Claughton, shortly after the stabbing, but police have not had a positive sighting after that.

Police are now looking at one of two options – either Finlay, from Wirral, has harmed himself or he is being helped by someone to avoid the authorities.

Today detectives released pictures of clothing matching Finlay’s on Saturday January 10, when Mr McKenna was murdered and his son, Michael, 14, was stabbed nine times.

They include a black/dark blue Berghaus rain jacket and black Rockport boots.

Det Insp Andy O’Connor, leading the investigation, said: “We know this is what Finlay was wearing on the day Mr McKenna was killed.

“Someone out there must know what has happened to him and where he is, and I would urge those people to come forward and tell us whatever they know.

“No matter how small and insignificant it may seem to them, we will fully investigate every lead that comes into us.

“From the start of this inquiry we have followed two major lines of inquiry – whether Finlay has harmed himself, and if he hasn’t, where is he now?

“If someone is helping him, in view of what has happened, they should contact us because we need to speak to him now.”

Mr McKenna was a former soldier who left the armed forces in 2005 to spend more time with his family – wife Gill, 40, daughter Amy, 19 and Michael.

He and Michael were on their way to catch the Soccer Bus to Goodison Park from Upton Road, Claughton, when they were ambushed.

Michael survived the attack and is now recovering at home.

Police searched fields and opened up the old air raid shelters under Bidston Hill looking for Finlay.

He is 5ft 8in, medium build, and has a limp. Police incident room: 0151 777 2263.

THE LIVERPOOL ECHO
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 12th Feb 2009 2:45pm
Widow's appeal over stab murder

The widow of a man stabbed to death in front of his son has appealed for help in the hunt for his killer.

Graham McKenna, 45, was on his way to watch a football match with 14-year-old Michael when they were both attacked on Upton Road in Claughton, Wirral.

Police are hunting Gary Finlay, 46, over the attack, but are investigating the possibility he may now be dead.

In a tearful appeal Mr McKenna's wife, Gillian, said the death had left a huge hole in all of the family's lives.

Their son Michael, 14, is still recovering from stab wounds he received in the attack.

Mrs McKenna, supported by Michael and the couple's daughter Amy, 19, said: "If anyone has any information regarding the murder of my husband, Graham, and the attack on my son, Michael, they should come forward.

"Graham was a wonderful husband and father and his loss has left a huge hole in our lives.

"Graham was my life, Graham was my soulmate and and I'll never ever stop loving him, he will always be with us."

Mr McKenna and his son were walking towards a bus stop on Upton Road when they were attacked on 10 January. The pair had been on their way to Goodison Park to watch Everton FC.

Both were found with stab wounds to the abdomen on nearby Speedwell Road.

One sighting

Mrs McKenna added: "I still cannot believe how your loved one can walk out of the front door one Saturday, never to come home again.

"How can this person have done this to us?"

Detectives revealed they were looking at the possibility that Mr Finlay, an estranged family member, may now be dead.

Since Mr McKenna's death, police have had one reported sighting of the suspect, as well as other information following an appeal on BBC's Crimewatch programme last month.

He was last seen wearing a black Berghaus jacket and black Rockport boots.

THE BBC
hellicopter flying over biddy hill any one no whats goin on
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 16th Feb 2009 11:01am
Wirral's Buzz 97.1 - Claughton Murder Video Report
[youtube]0CD5cuD_1Iw[/youtube]

[Linked Image]

Detectives investigationg the murder are keen to trace Mr Finlay, who has links to the Prenton area but also to the South West of England.
Gary Finlay is considered dangerous and should not be approached by members of the public. Anyone who has information on his whereabouts is asked to contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 2263 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111

--->Crimestoppers<---
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Murder at claughton village police incident - 18th Feb 2009 1:52pm
Below are the photos released by detectives of a coat and shoes that are believed to be similar to the items worn by Gary Finlay on the day of the incident.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Merseyside Police are today re-appealing for the public’s help today in tracing a man, who we urgently need to speak to in relation to a murder.

Merseyside Police still want to speak to Gary Finlay in connection with the investigation into the death of Graham McKenna who died on Saturday, 10 January in Speedwell Road, Claughton.

Mr McKenna, 45 years, and his son were on their way to catch the Goodison match bus on Upton Road. When Mr McKenna was first attacked in Foxglove Road and again in Speedwell Road. Following this Mr McKenna's 14 year old son was attacked in Foxglove Road. Both were taken to hospital, where Graham McKenna later died but doctors were able to save the life of Michael.

[Linked Image]

Members of the public are advised not to approach Mr Finlay, as he is considered to be dangerous, but if anyone does see him they should report the sighting to their nearest police station.

gary finley has been caught about time
© Wirral-Wikiwirral