Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Pirate gang hold Merseyside dad for 116 days - 3rd Jan 2009 2:07pm
A MERSEYSIDE man has been held captive for four months after he was kidnapped by African pirates.

Gunmen seized father-of-three Matthew Maguire from a boat taking him to work on an oil rig in Nigeria.

The 34-year-old had left Birkenhead the previous day intending to work for a few months before returning home.

Nigerian militants are using the professional diver to force the release of one of their members.

Mr Maguire’s partner Emma Dean said she and children Ellie, 10, Charlie, eight and two-year-old Matthew were sick with worry.

“The older children know what has happened because they were with me when Matthew’s boss called. I just broke down.

“Even Charlie knows what we are talking about. He’s really upset. He keeps asking where daddy is and I have to say he’s at work or he’s on a plane.

“Then he rushes to the window and points at the planes and asks if daddy is in one of them.

“The children keep me going. It’s worse at night when it’s quiet and I think about it all.

“I feel guilty even having a bed because I don’t know what things are like for Matthew.

“We’re frightened. We can’t sleep with worry. We just want Matthew home.”

Thats not Good.

My Mate Mark has just joined the Merchant Navy, and last I heard he was moored off the Port of Lagos in Africa, unable to dock due to Pirates.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral