Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 1st Jan 2009 1:22pm
click hear

Sensationalism or realism - you decide!
Posted By: ponytail Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 8:45am
How can they assume it it Merseyside that is polluting this bay? It mentions tidal, that means seawater from the oceans could be mixing in with the Mersey and causing this. How then can they prove it is the Mersey that is causing the pollution. Sea containers, trawlers and ships from around the world travel through this area, so I think they should investigate if the damage to the ocean comes from these first. We have high enough water bills without the excess added. Britain is an island, surrounded by water.
Posted By: Rhobit Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 12:42pm
Originally Posted by gloria
How can they assume it it Merseyside that is polluting this bay? It mentions tidal, that means seawater from the oceans could be mixing in with the Mersey and causing this. How then can they prove it is the Mersey that is causing the pollution. Sea containers, trawlers and ships from around the world travel through this area, so I think they should investigate if the damage to the ocean comes from these first. We have high enough water bills without the excess added. Britain is an island, surrounded by water.

Considering how much they seem to be spending on this investigation, I'm pretty sure that they'll be taking that into account. What I'd be more interested to know, is whether the nutrification is man made or natural. If it's natural, why should we by trying to change it? If it's not, then why not pass on any fines and costs to the prople that are causing it? At the end of the day, if the water board or private businesses are polluting it and get fined as a result, their profits should bear the cost, not the customers.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 1:52pm
Maybe they should try THIS

Could be safe could be a hazzard? who knows
Posted By: Rhobit Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 1:59pm
Looks like icky stuff that there wheels.

Have you thought of reporting it to the council?
Posted By: Wheels Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 10:46pm
nope I havent. do you think I should? and how?
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 2nd Jan 2009 10:55pm
Ahem Ive mentioned before it is discharge from the small chemical/sewer works next to the river. The steam is evidence that it has been heat treated.

You can report it to the council, but the problems start there, as a sign clearly states Private Property, No trespassing, at the front of the "MotoX Area". Theyll probably ask what you were doing there, and try to prosecute you no
Posted By: DavidB Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 3rd Jan 2009 1:00am
That's awesome. United Utilities pollutes the water. United Utilities then gets fined. Then UU passes on it's fine to it's customers.
How can this be allowed?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Toxic' Liverpool Bay - 3rd Jan 2009 1:12am
Originally Posted by Station
That's awesome. United Utilities pollutes the water. United Utilities then gets fined. Then UU passes on it's fine to it's customers.
How can this be allowed?

raftl good point wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral