Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 3:30am
LIFESIZE cut-outs of police are being used as part of a campaign to tackle car crime during the Christmas shopping period.

Shopsafe - Operation Welton, is a partnership between police, Wirral Chamber of Commerce and local businesses which targets busy shopping areas and car parks.

It uses high-visibility police patrols and funding for the cutouts came from Mid-Wirral Crime Prevention Panel.

It was launched at Asda in Bromborough on Monday morning and is called Operation Welton after the road that runs through the industrial estate on the A41.

The operation will also cover shopping areas in Bebington and New Ferry.

Neighbourhood Inspector Andy Wise said: “We want to make it hard for anybody to take your property.”
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 9:07am
raftl

Sorry - I know this is serious but couldn't resist.

Or maybe these will deter people...

And if anyone wants to be generous this Christmas I'll have one of these:
Mmmmmmm
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 11:41am
“We want to make it hard for anybody to take your property.”

I bet you do Andy mate. Criminals must be cowering with fear over being chased by a cardboard cut out. I for one am glad we have these inventive people avoiding work by using fake policeman to their jobs.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 12:58pm
Yeah, seen that one in ASDA Bromborough

What a load of crap
Posted By: Shambo Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 1:21pm
A standoff at a bank in the U.S. state of New Jersey is over after police learned a "person" seen inside was actually a full-size cardboard figure.

Officers went to the PNC Bank in Montgomery Township on Thursday night after an alarm went off.

They saw what they thought was at least one person through the windows of the bank, which had its blinds drawn.

The area was sealed off and three nearby apartment buildings were evacuated as a precaution.

Authorities used bullhorns and made telephone calls in a bid to make contact with whoever might be in the bank. After getting no response, a SWAT team entered the building and discovered the cardboard figure.

source
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 3:52pm
raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 8:10pm
Cardboard cops.......... the real ones must feel threatened then!!! Probably arrest more criminals instead of drivers tho!!!! raftl

Theres been obe at the old berbers / shoe repairers at Moreton cross for years, since i was a kid i think!!! pc
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Cardboard cops to help combat crime - 15th Dec 2008 10:49pm
I saw my first cardboard copper in tesco extra today
he was standing near the door warning people to lock their cars properly.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral