Forums
Posted By: MissGuided John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 9:27am
Hi
Received this email from a friend today. Not sure how true this is but thought I'd report it anyway - better safe than sorry:

"Dear all,

I heard this story from my CEO today. Her sister went shopping in John Lewis. She visited the ladies room and hung her handbag on the back of the toilet door. As she carried on about her business, a hand suddenly appeared over the top of the stall and grabbed her bag clean off the hook!!!

As if this wasn't bad enough, she reported the incident to the manager of the store. A couple of days later she took a call to say her bag had been found, without her purse. She arranged a time to go and meet the manager to collect her things.

On arriving at John Lewis at the agreed time, the manager was not expecting her - nothing had been found, no one had called.

When the lady got home, her house had been burgled, with no sign of forced entry, they had used her Driving License for the address and her keys to let themselves in!!!!!!

I promise this is real - it isn't just a scaremongering story, I was so shocked at how complex bag snatching crime has become.

Please be extra vigilant ladies, Christmas is a bad time for this sort of thing anyway, but with the credit crunch there are a lot
of desperate criminals out there!!

Best Regards"
Posted By: Wheels Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 11:42am
wow that is low frown
Posted By: jonno40 Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 1:55pm
f**k me you cant even go to the toilet in peace anymore mad
Posted By: StuyMac Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 2:03pm
Ive heard of peoples wallets go missing when their pants are round their ankles in toilets.... frown

(Ill await the usual innuendo that will surely follow raftl )
Posted By: Anonymous Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 2:34pm
thats shit that
Posted By: hoseman Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 8:04pm
Bloody hell, if thats the case, George Michael must be missing a few Wallets!!!!! raftl
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 8:22pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Bloody hell, if thats the case, George Michael must be missing a few Wallets!!!!! raftl

raftl quality comment but i dont think its the right time and place for sarcasim thumbsup
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: John Lewis Theft - 10th Dec 2008 8:33pm
what a place to loo-se your handbag!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral