Forums
Posted By: chriskay Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 3:02pm

Breaking News

Burning woman's body found

1 hour 42 mins ago
ITN

Police have launched an investigation after a woman's body was found on fire near a sports centre.

Police were called to The Oval in Old Chester Road, Bebington, Wirral after a member of the public spotted the body of a 30-year-old woman on fire.

A spokesman for Merseyside Police said: "The flames were extinguished and a female was discovered, who was unfortunately deceased.

"Merseyside Fire Service and Merseyside Police were in attendance. The female has been identified and next of kin notified.

"Inquiries have commenced into establishing the events leading up to the female's death.

"Early indications suggest that the death is not suspicious."

Posted By: stumpy Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 3:04pm
this was on radio city this morning, it apparently happened last night
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 3:33pm
Death is not Suspicious???

because people randomly die and catch on fire on a regular basis?
Posted By: Morseman Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 4:01pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig

Possible suicide? Think pills would be a lot easier personally but when you are of a mind to do it then your mind is not right is it?
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 4:05pm
I know his son frenchie, i'll speak with him later, see if he can give me any more info, condolences go out to her family and friends.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 4:07pm
i think they found a petrol can at the scene. someone here at work knew her, is really upset.

maybe its best not to talk about it openly on here as there might be people who are related or friends of the woman or her family.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 4:10pm
yer, fair play,
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 6:25pm
has her name been released yet?
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 6:38pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig

sounds Suspicious
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 9:10pm
condolences to her family and friends.

very sad.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 9:41pm
Please don't name her on here.
I don't often speak up but she's entitled to some privacy and dignity.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 10:07pm
yeah, please dont name her on here

give them some privacy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Woman burnt - 18th Nov 2008 10:48pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

i see your point, but she'll be named reguardless in the news soon ???? so what difference does it make were she is named ?
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 1:38am
Originally Posted by Sanchez

i see your point, but she'll be named reguardless in the news soon ???? so what difference does it make were she is named ?

for once i agree with u and the only reason i wanted to know if her name had been released was to see if it was anyone i knew, know lots of ppl in that area
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 2:30am

Ditto. If it wasnt going to happen elsewhere, I would'nt agree with it, but its just a fact of life that these details get released into the public domain.

smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 9:25am
Originally Posted by Davey_Martin

for once i agree with u and the only reason i wanted to know if her name had been released was to see if it was anyone i knew, know lots of ppl in that area

lol, peace is restored.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 10:29am
Her name will be released at the end of the week.

"The flames were huge and even melted the tarmac."

oshocked
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 12:52pm
This sounds just SO sad !
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Woman burnt - 19th Nov 2008 1:10pm
condolences to her family and friends my thoughts are with them sounds so sad and horrible wot a away to go no
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 1:56am
what happened?
Posted By: Dava2479 Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 11:04am
sad,very sad.
Posted By: dave_g Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:07pm
why no names?if ur gonna set urself on fire in public expect some attention!
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:12pm
Originally Posted by dave_g
why no names?if ur gonna set urself on fire in public expect some attention!

cos is payin respect to the family mate as this is an open forum if the name becomes public it should be via a respected source and i personally dnt want it to be on here first and im sure other ppl will agree wid me mad
Posted By: dave_g Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:18pm
got no time for people who top themselves (including an uncle of mine)no sympathy for em!their family yeah,jus selfish!!is this wikiwirral or pcwirral?
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:20pm
is this wikiwirral or pcwirral?

thats ment to mean wot mad
Posted By: dave_g Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:27pm
thats meant to meannot everyone wants to pussyfoot round topics like this!it seems most on here are quick to sympathise to even a wet fart but dont care our country is swirling down the shitter!! somad
Posted By: Mondeo_Scott Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:31pm
we do care about our country just some topics and some posts need a certain privacy about them so we need not to reveel the names of people involved for respect its local news mate the bare bones of wots happend if you wanted to know the ins and outs you should of been where it happend not all of us on here are small minded like you and want to dis-respect everyone and there privacy somad
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 9:51pm
i too dont have sympathy for people who top themselves. sympathy for their family ye. its not about pussyfoot round topics,it is about haveing respect for the family.

Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 10:06pm
im with mr dave_g on this... and i could later find out it was indeed someone i knew... i'd be no different then either...

if it was suicide (which early reports seem to suggest) then she clearly wasnt in the right state of mind (to scream after she set herself on fire)

if it wasnt and she just self human combusted (see also: sci-fi), then i have greatest sympathy..

death and all things related are so taboo on here, shit happens, we're alive... right?
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 10:17pm
im with mr dave_g on this... and i could later find out it was indeed someone i knew... i'd be no different then either...

if it was suicide (which early reports seem to suggest) then she clearly wasnt in the right state of mind (to scream after she set herself on fire)

if it wasnt and she just self human combusted (see also: sci-fi), then i have greatest sympathy..

death and all things related are so taboo on here, shit happens, we're alive... right?

clapthings like that are taboo on here and its quite sad really, anyone seen hot fuzz? its like the villagers out of that sometimes! (the greater good and all that b#llocks!)

"I dont want them named here" why? of what detriment is that to you? some of you mistake "respect" for being an over sensitive, politically correct, whining nancy! Something like that happens, of course people are going to want to know whats going on arent they? If they didnt want to go out with a bang (no pun intended) they would have taken a few too many headache tablets at home, not set fire to themselves on a main road! The same goes for people who throw themselves in front of trains and launch themselves off motorway bridges, stay at home and end it all and leave innocent people out of it!

R.I.P by the way, condolences to the family.
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 10:36pm
i do believe we should start an anti pc group, mr longmong
Posted By: dave_g Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 10:40pm
i do believe we should start an anti pc group, mr longmong

yeah why not? could be the start of what mr churchill wanted for this island of ours?
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 10:44pm
amen! wouldnt have many members, people would say they are but when you say something a bit close to the bone, you would get

[qoute] no whats the world coming to? show some respect, im off to cry for bambi's mum [quote]

yeah well, I had bambi's mum stuffed and mounted in my living room! yomama
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: Woman burnt - 21st Nov 2008 11:05pm
LOL
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 2:46am
I agree, what's in a name? What difference would it make at all if the name is going to be released last Friday anyway?

Here's the latest details. It has her name in, which I apologise for revealing. Keep quiet about it though:

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...-woman-at-bebington-oval-80491-22284541/

Still sad, she literally lived round the corner and she had just had a kid - maybe post-natal mental problems?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 2:58am
Originally Posted by WirralNews
AN INQUEST into the death of a woman who died in a fireball at the Oval should begin this week.

Debra Lynn Rayner, 30, of Jackson Close, Bebington, was discovered near the gatehouse to the Bebington sports centre on Monday night.

Police say there are no early indications of suspicious circumstances and the case has been passed to Wirral Coroner’s Court.

Once the post mortem has concluded, an inquest should open today (Thursday) or Friday.

Retired Oval ground-keeper Martin French, 59, tried to extinguish the flames but was unable to save the woman.

Now what is wrong with that people??

Wirral News Report
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 3:01am
Here is a version for those people who are concerned for the privacy of the woman:

Originally Posted by WirralNews
AN INQUEST into the death of a woman who died in a fireball at the Oval should begin this week.

***** **** ******, 30, of Jackson Close, Bebington, was discovered near the gatehouse to the Bebington sports centre on Monday night.

Police say there are no early indications of suspicious circumstances and the case has been passed to Wirral Coroner’s Court.

Once the post mortem has concluded, an inquest should open today (Thursday) or Friday.

Retired Oval ground-keeper Martin French, 59, tried to extinguish the flames but was unable to save the woman.

Wirral News Report - DONT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE NAME OF THE WOMAN INVOLVED.

smile
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 11:31am
Here's the much up to date version. Once again, it has her namefor those concerned.

It's confusing as to why it happened. I was wondering last night, why choose this method of suicide. It's terrible.

http://www.wirralnews.co.uk/wirral-...woman-had-just-left-baby-80491-22317652/
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 11:32am

yeah why not? could be the start of what mr churchill wanted for this island of ours?

Cheaper car insurance?
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 10:11pm
think about the poor git who got set fire to in birkenhead, his only involvement was that he was the kindling, his name came came out pretty quick. but he was homeless so lets name him out loud. an obviously distressed woman who decides to wear eau de petroleum and light up and were supposed to show the family who let her down some respect simply by not saying her name? come on!!!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 10:15pm
Originally Posted by rentaclown100
an obviously distressed woman who decides to wear eau de petroleum and light up

raftl

In all seriousness though, a very valid point though fella!!
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 10:23pm
like i said mate, you gotta make light of things, my ex died of cancer and while i might jump around shouting flibble and hurrah, i know that she knows i dont mean it. so im sorry for burnt to a crisp woman, but stop playing with matches. (oh, she has)
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 23rd Nov 2008 11:59pm
I couldn't make light of this though, even as someone who didn't know her at all. The thing that concerns me is someone can leave the house to go to the shop, and then the husband gets a knock on the door from the police saying his wife had committed suicide. Maybe something really bad happened on the way there? It puzzles me, things can't really be that bad can they? What about something less painful?
I know it's different for different people, but the only thing this makes me is a bit sad, I don't think I could try to see any humour in it (I don't think it's a bad thing). wink
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Woman burnt - 24th Nov 2008 1:09am
starting to wonder what pushed her that far
Posted By: DavidB Re: Woman burnt - 30th Nov 2008 5:12pm
Has anyone heard anything more about this? The press tends to forget about stuff and you never hear any outcomes from it.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Woman burnt - 6th Dec 2008 11:30am
I've been on holiday since this thread started and it was me who first asked not to name her here.
My point then was (and still is) ............ we all knew she would be named eventually. I asked her not to be named on here in an unofficial way. There is a huge difference between writing on here a name which someone has heard on the grapevine or through local gossip, which I am not comfortable with and cut & pasting a link from the local newspaper which I can accept as inevitable.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Woman burnt - 6th Dec 2008 12:13pm
Having suffered postnatal depression (PND), its just possible that this caused her to think suicide was the answer. I'm not sure though how people can suggest her family failed her. If she had PND it wasn't their fault. They had no idea she was going out to kill herself. How can you blame them?

PND feels bad because having just had a baby you are supposed to be at your happiest and most joyous - isn't that what bringing a new life into the world is all about? Truth is not enough is known about PND. Yes its probably hormonal but its also more likely to happen if there has been previous incidence of depression. And depression I am afraid still carries a very high stigma. So being depressed and/or having PND may have lead to this woman deciding she could not continue. She may have felt great shame at the diagnosis. What would people say? She should be happy! She may have also been put onto anti-depressants that day and told she could not breastfeed her child because of them. This would be another blow - the guilt and shame of being too ill to feed her child in a way that modern women are constantly pressured to do. Breast may be best but making women feel guilty if they cannot manage it is sh*t.
She may also have had finance worries (which are inevitable when another child arrives [unless you're comfortably well-off]). Her relationship may have been in trouble - just because she'd just had a baby doesn't mean she was happy in her relationship.

Having had Ante-Natal Depression and Post-Natal Depression and been treated for the latter with anti-depressants, and had thoughts of walking out in front of cars, taking pills etc, I can only feel sorry for her family as they probably had no idea that she had such painful thoughts and feelings about her life.

Rant over. Does that make it more understandable why she dowsed herself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_natal_depression
© Wirral-Wikiwirral