Forums
Posted By: DavidB Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 10:51am
Sad. frown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/7681240.stm
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 12:26pm
Thats really really bad. A whole family??

The extended family must be absolutely gutted.

R.I.P
Posted By: MissCalculated Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 12:36pm
Its horrific isnt it frown
Posted By: DavidB Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 1:09pm
Yeah, 'allegedly' two adults and three children.

the situation was so traumatic that emergency crews would need counselling

You can guess it was bad when they had to identify the CAR from it's chassis number.
Posted By: Wench Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 1:35pm
My thoughts are with the relatives of those concerned and with the members of the emergency services who had to deal with this situation and its aftermath!

It's never easy, and I hope they do get the pastoral care that they need. Unfortunately it doesn't always happen! I know that from personal experience.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 21st Oct 2008 6:26pm
A baby was also killed in the car.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7681240.stm
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 12:26am
just been reading about this very said. My thoughts are with the relatives.

they have named the family now http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7683001.stm
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 1:04am
RIP all family involved, such a sad thing to happen.
Posted By: Wench Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 2:46pm
My thoughts go out to the Rugby players family too.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 4:17pm
some idiots to blame for this mishap, rip those involved,.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 4:53pm
Wonder how exactly this happened? And why was the Portuguese driver to blame?
Posted By: Riki_Wirral Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 22nd Oct 2008 7:43pm
yeah the BBC were a bit flaky about the exact cause.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 8:42am
Terribly sad. The likely cause is the foreign driver, short of sleep, fell asleep at the wheel.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 2:58pm
Just seen that the police have charged a foreign type person with Death by Dangerous Driving.

What will he get ? A slap on the wrist and maybe a couple of months in the cooler. No doubt we will find out he was on his mobile phone or watching some Spanish bilge video in the cab whilst driving, or as Chris says half asleep due to working way over his hours AND stealing jobs from OUR haulage firms.

It's six murders in my book. Lock the bar****d in his cab. Lob in a BRITISH IMPERIAL gallon of unleaded, followed by a match and see how he likes it !!

Grrrr.. Fizz Fizz.
Posted By: Angel_x Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 3:04pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
Just seen that the police have charged a foreign type person with Death by Dangerous Driving.

What will he get ? A slap on the wrist and maybe a couple of months in the cooler. No doubt we will find out he was on his mobile phone or watching some Spanish bilge video in the cab whilst driving, or as Chris says half asleep due to working way over his hours AND stealing jobs from OUR haulage firms.

It's six murders in my book. Lock the bar****d in his cab. Lob in a BRITISH IMPERIAL gallon of unleaded, followed by a match and see how he likes it !!

Grrrr.. Fizz Fizz.

withthat my heart goes out to the family of those killed! frown
Posted By: DavidB Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 3:44pm
Originally Posted by Pinzgauer
What will he get ? A slap on the wrist and maybe a couple of months in the cooler.

Seeing as the police where given more time to question him, I reckon he will get a severe charge. Six people dead through manslaughter?
Posted By: chiccy Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 5:30pm
jonah drove past this at 3.30 am the morning after this had happened. he said it was lit by floodlights as the police where still doing their investigations 6 hrs after... he said it was a horrendous site seeing the trucks burned out and the wreckage of what was left. at the time he passed, they were just moving the trucks in order to tow them away .....he said he was probably watchin a dvd on a laptop if the other foreign drivers he has seen are anything to go by, or he has probably driven well over the legal number of hours without a break as many foreign drivers do as they are payed by the milage they do.....
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 23rd Oct 2008 9:56pm
Love and Light goes to the family.. Terrible accident.. Condolances..

Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Family killed in M6 crash - 24th Oct 2008 11:44am
people die on this motorway every 2 days, a whole family wiped out? Such a tragedy frown my thoughts go out to the relatives no
© Wirral-Wikiwirral