Forums
Posted By: Wench North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 12:47pm
Five locations across Wirral have been earmarked as potential new landfill sites for Merseyside's waste.

A Merseyside Environmental Advisory Service report identified the possible sites as locations in Irby Mill, Hoylake, Moreton and 2 in Prenton.

None of the sites have been approved and Wirral Council's ruling cabinet has yet to discuss the plans.

Posted By: AX_125 Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 1:50pm
Suppose at some point there will be no choice.

I remember studying the landfill sites at college and this one in bromborough is due to be completly full in next few years and they were wondering where to bury the rubbish.
Posted By: Wench Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 4:34pm
I'm just wondering if it includes waste from Liverpool. If it does, I think it unfair for it to be this side. After all, we have nothing to do with Liverpool Council and we don't have a Liverpool postcode anymore.

Surely they have more areas than we have think
Posted By: MissGuided Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 5:27pm
This reminds me of playing SimCity smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 6:18pm
Originally Posted by PaganJay
I'm just wondering if it includes waste from Liverpool. If it does, I think it unfair for it to be this side. After all, we have nothing to do with Liverpool Council and we don't have a Liverpool postcode anymore.

Surely they have more areas than we have think

Iwouldn't of thought so, i think Wirral council was actually trying to palm of the waste to other areas.

I am pretty sure we are the worst performing area in the UK for waste.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 6:37pm
Just put it in roachferry...no-one will notice
Posted By: hoseman Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 6:50pm
Theyve proposed sites in Eastham and Rock Ferry (or is that waste sites?) For Liverpool they are meant to be putting one NEAR to a residential area in Garston!! Lurvely! sick
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 7:30pm
"Potential landfill sites are at Irby Quarry, at Irby Mill; the North Wirral Brickworks, Carr Lane, in Hoylake; Moreton Landfill, at the Old Brickworks, Tarran Way, Moreton; along with Prenton Quarry, Prenton Dell; and Lower Farm, Roman Road, both in Prenton."

"Seven other smaller Wirral sites for waste disposal, including three in Bidston and St James ward, two in Rock Ferry and two in Seacombe."

I suppose it has to go somewhere - but where?
Posted By: MissGuided Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 7:32pm
blimey i can see petitions against in all those areas - especially Prenton.
Posted By: AR_One Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 10:26pm
I wonder where they mean in Prenton - there aren't many holes to fill in with rubbish - could it be they're going to create a massive hole?
Posted By: peodude Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 14th Oct 2008 11:48pm
Originally Posted by AR_One
I wonder where they mean in Prenton

I'm guessing the quarry is down behind the back of Melwood Drive, round Prenton Dell Road, by the power station, large open space there, which i used to ride over as a kid, leads to the driving range.

The other one is down by the doctors, on Roman Road, opposite Prenton Village Roadd
Posted By: J800NN0 Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 15th Oct 2008 11:00am
The land fill site in Bromborough has been full for well over a year now, since then they have been 'capping' it with metres and metres of top soil, there is mention of turning it into a nature reserve - nice!

And yes, waste from liverpool was getting dumped over here, at a premium like, an the council loved it!

There was a land fill site near Eastham rake train station, by the motorway bridge but that also has now closed down a number of years back, so iv no idea where all our shite is goin now, maybe were palming it off to the welsh now to fill there quarries??
Posted By: Morseman Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 15th Oct 2008 6:16pm
Can't see Tarran Way Moreton being used. That was a tip way back in the sixties and was filled. Maybe further up towards Meols?

We may not take Liverpool's landfill but we do take their rubbish in our recycling centre at Bidston. Just check out the bin wagons if you ever go to the tip.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 15th Oct 2008 8:34pm
Don't mention the spaces under Bidston and Tranmere dunno
Posted By: AR_One Re: North West Landfill sites proposed - 31st Oct 2008 2:25pm
This site

http://maps.environment-agency.gov....lang=_e&textonly=off&topic=waste

may be of some interest in seeing where the historical and current landfills are on the Wirral. Always wondered why there was big grassy areas around the Tesco roundabout in Bidston....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral