Forums
Posted By: paper_boy Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 7:05am
AN ARSONIST is being hunted after 30 firefighters spent the morning battling a string of blazes.
At around 3am four fires were started along New Chester Road in Birkenhead, the first on a HGV trailer near the Global Environmental TV recycling plant at Campbeltown Road.
It contained a large amount of glass and plastic, but as crews struggled to protect the adjoining building three other incidents along the same stretch were reported.
They included a large fire at a tyre store, a bin alight at the nearby McDonalds and a burning phone box.
Six pumps were at the scene, as crews from Bromborough and Wallasey assisted Birkenhead colleagues.
A spokesman for Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service said: “The recycling plant was full of combustibles so we surrounded the trailer with water to prevent it from spreading.
“There are still hotspots at the scene which are cooling but we have been tackling these incidents for around four hours.
“It is clear somebody had been moving along the road setting the fires and our Incident Investigation Team was at the scene.”
A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said: “The road was closed for an hour and our officers will be reviewing CCTV footage.
“We are preserving the scenes for daylight investigation and are working with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service.”
Posted By: chiccy Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 9:02am
crikey!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 9:08am
Not good no

A few of the bins at the rock were melted the other day
Posted By: xX_Jennie_Xx Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 9:11am
its a bit sad that this is all somebody actually has to do with there time ... start fires ! theres no need for it.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 10:47am
More than likely the same kind of barstard who throws batteries off bridges.....

Set fire to their home, see how they like it
Posted By: hoseman Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 10:47am
Saw them all there this morning dampening down with the scientific units ( scouse CSI!!!! )in attendance. Someones been bloody buisy last night!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 5:28pm
Wow, saw the place near The Rock this morning. As said, who has the time to do this? And for what reason?

I saw an old petrol can, which was half burnt in Birkenhead, I wonder if it's the one used?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 8:04pm
it will be kids little twits no respect i blame the parents
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 8:13pm
lol, you getting old r kid?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Arson spree - 26th Jun 2008 8:14pm
raftl happy
Posted By: hoseman Re: Arson spree - 27th Jun 2008 7:21am
I do a bit of work in there and its full of TV and monitors, plasma screens too! When they blow, THEY blow!!!!
Had fridges in the container too!!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Arson spree - 27th Jun 2008 9:15pm
From what the police said to my supervisor a lad in a black hoody top and an audi were seen at around that time..
Posted By: Sir_longmong Re: Arson spree - 27th Jun 2008 10:25pm
It was auditastic going all des taviner on us!
Posted By: dave_g Re: Arson spree - 27th Jun 2008 10:43pm
raftl withthat raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral