Forums
Posted By: Beemertastic anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 11:19am
The Shell garage on Borough rd...anyone know what happened..it just shut and was fenced off all of a sudden...
it was always the cheapest place on the wirral for fuel..bit gutted really as it was very convienent for me!
Posted By: Mark Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 11:21am
nope sorry frown
Posted By: Brummy_Ben Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 11:56am
not a clue tbh with you m8 frown
Posted By: Civic_Coupe_Sean Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 12:15pm
I think this might be the one me and scott went past about a week ago (not sure tho)

And he was shocked as fook lol
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 12:53pm
Is it shell that has just released the new diesel fuel.

If it is they will be upgrading the tanks and pumps.

Posted By: Pomp Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 3:03pm
Been closed for quite a while now, I was gutted when I saw it fenced off aswell.
Lets just hope they are closing it just to upgrade.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: anyone know what happened? - 11th Jan 2008 3:04pm
but the thing is if it is an upgrade they will recoup the cost by putting the price up.
Posted By: Beemertastic Re: anyone know what happened? - 14th Jan 2008 12:52am
they just upgraded it though..it was shut for ages when they had to replace the tanks bt 18 months ago..and they put new cardpayment pumps in aswell....
so what that about?.....
Posted By: AR_One Re: anyone know what happened? - 15th Jan 2008 12:58pm
I'd be very suprised if it was closing as Shell made a real effort about 10 years ago to stitch up Borough road. They opened the new one opposite the old college and undercut Jet till they went under. They also bought out the Gulf garage by the Rovers and then closed it down pretty sharpish.

It does look pretty closed though!
Posted By: MattLFC Re: anyone know what happened? - 15th Jan 2008 11:07pm
Shell have been getting rid of a LOT of petrol stations on the Wirral lately. They are always franchises and the owners either move to the likes of BP because they are more lucrative (desperate to get more stations in Wirral) or they simply can't make them profitable...

Id be surprised if the one on Borough Road was closed down for long, if its anything like that, it will probably be a franchise change. It "should" make tons of money!
Posted By: AR_One Re: anyone know what happened? - 17th Jan 2008 12:07pm
Always have fond memories of queuing up there for supplies to keep me going on the long walk home from town after a night on the ale in town. Usually having got bored waiting for a taxi and thought it's not far.

When you get to there you need 20 tabs and a bottle of pop to keep you going for the last 2 miles!
Posted By: AR_One Re: anyone know what happened? - 15th Feb 2008 11:44am
As was thought it's being redeveloped - can't be arsed to read the whole thing so I haven't found out if it'll still be Shell or if the branding will change:

http://www.wirral.gov.uk/Planning/plansthumbs.asp?appnum=20085140
© Wirral-Wikiwirral