Forums
Posted By: MrPhil Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:06pm
Just been sent back from work due to a fire next to my work, only got a couple of pics on the phone.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

in the building was meat. and lots off it omg
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:11pm
cant really see much from them pics mate frown

where is it exactly?
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:17pm
as you turn into Cambell town road (opposite the Hotel California) their is a building their which has gone up in smoke.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:17pm
oooh i no were it is omg!!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:21pm
is it a large fire?

bet it stinks with all that meat
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:24pm
was quite large the embers from the fire made it to the Joiners shop on the opposite side of the road, it started at around 8pm, don't think anyone was in their which is good news, one w@anker of a supervisor wanted us to stay but as we don't know if the roof was asbestos we clocked off, still paid till 5am tho.
Posted By: chiccy Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:34pm
were is it u work hun x
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:38pm
I work on the old Cammell Lairds site, we make Modular buildings (site offices, loo blocks etc..)
Posted By: chiccy Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:41pm
ooerr close to home then eh... god!!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 7th Dec 2007 11:50pm
bit close LOL, must say tho the Fire Service, Police had it undercontrol.

The roof had a 4ft flame coming from the top then withng 30secs-1min the whole roof was up.

i just hope their was not an asbestos roof on their.
Posted By: Waddi Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 7:17am
still in flames at 6:45am saturday 8th december.

I was diverted off the A41 on the way home from work, so drove down to green lane behind the Rock and asked a pc plod, that was there blocking the road, what was going on, he told me that they had to block the road off because the fire brigade were currently "controlling" a rather largefire in the ship yard.

hope no-one was hurt.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 7:18am
well i have just been told by the missus i have misworded it smack it is infact an Abatouir (s)
Posted By: Waddi Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 7:26am
no wonder I was confused.... lol
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 7:44am
lol, just been down for a nosey and seen all the lads who work the day shift lookin lost (alot from liverpool) they said their was 2 fire engines from liverpool following them.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 10:22am
ide go out and get piccys but my car has a flatty and it raining frown
Posted By: vw_kyle Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 10:26am
doh
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 10:32am
you won't get closer than green lane station, Kfc or any other surrounding places (mind you your the Wiki Reporter lol)
Posted By: Wheels Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 10:37am
i know a few places... my fuji is picking up dust here. need a good story to cover.

someone fix my flatty!!
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 10:47am
get the water proofs on kid lol
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 11:10am
Thats the tranmere meats building near camell lairds i know where that is.. DAMN!! that'l be the biggest bar b q ever hehehehehe laugh
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 11:31am
already ordered me BBQ ribs lol
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 8th Dec 2007 11:38am
http://www.thisiswirral.co.uk/display.var.1890976.0.0.php

Wirral Globe on the case.
Posted By: Mark Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 11th Dec 2007 10:43pm
wasn't it the old tannery ?

went past this today and its still smoking lol
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 12th Dec 2007 7:51am
just finished work and their was a fire engine their again (checking the wood yard next door)
Posted By: jonah Re: Audotorium (sp) fire near the Rock retail. - 12th Dec 2007 7:52pm
its in the local papers, it was the timber yard and the refridgerated packin factory next to it that wentup, both buildings have been ruined and are to be/have been demolished
© Wirral-Wikiwirral