Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:08pm
Hey, does anyone know how the people are that were in this car?
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:09pm
didnt even know there was a crash??
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:10pm
When was it and where abouts in New Brighton??

smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:20pm
i not long got back from there, not sure what time it happened, i got there about 10:20 ish & there were police ambulance & fire engines.
there was a guy being cut out of the drivers seat of an m3 convertable for about 45 mins.
the front of the car was pretuding through the railings.
happened just before the swan (boating) lake as if coming from the fort car park.
I heard a couple of stories of what happened but i think it would be wrong or (unsensitive) to post them here until the true facts are brought to light.
i do have video and photo footage.
this car took out 2 bollards, a bin and a whole section of railings before crashing on the opposite side of the road dead.
there was oil, water and petrol all round the front of the car.

Attached picture 1055-wikiwirral-IMAG0024.JPG
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:22pm
sounds nasty, probably hear something on the news 2moro morning

so the same place where them 2 brothers got killed hitting a bus?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:24pm
yeah, well bit further up from that after the lifeboat garage.
Posted By: Mark Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:25pm
Looks bad.

Could be a million reasons why omg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:26pm
red corsa?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 17th Jun 2007 11:27pm
Given the speeds people do along that stretch of road, the cause will most likely be that. But we will have to wait until at least tomorrow to get any decent information on it.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 18th Jun 2007 6:03am
frown my brother crashed his new M3 there to. not as bad as that but he smashed the rear wheel in and suspension.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 18th Jun 2007 8:46am
Unfortunatly it appears the contributing factor was too much speed frown

Im guessing he was coming from RJ's end and heading up towards the prom, and lost it on the bend after the Lifegaurd staion, maybe fishtailed a few times and then lost it.....

Theres a tricky bump on that corner / kink that can upset the balance of the car.

The wreck looks a mess, hope noone died.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 18th Jun 2007 12:53pm
Still no news reports on this as yet. Possibly have to wait for the local papers...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 18th Jun 2007 4:11pm
Originally Posted by LTI2020
Im on a course at the moment..but will look into things at work and give you an update asap

Sweet smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 18th Jun 2007 4:16pm
Finally... there is some news on this crash:

Originally Posted by Wirral Globe Website
A MAN was cut free from a BMW car after a high-impact crash in New Brighton.

Police are now investigating the incident, which left the man in his late 30s in a serious, but not life-threatening condition.

It is not yet known whether another vehicle was involved and made off.

advertisement
The crash took place on New Brighton promenade at around 9.45pm on Sunday night.

Firefighters used cutting equipment to release the driver, who was taken to Arrowe Park Hospital with neck, chest and abdominal injuries.

Okay, its not as detailed as we were hoping at this stage, but it will become clearer by the time the globe is released on Wednesday im sure.

Wirral Globe Report
Posted By: cat47 Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 29th Jul 2007 12:14pm
hi is there any more news on the the car crash
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 14th Aug 2007 12:57am
pic

Attached picture Photo-0071.jpg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 14th Aug 2007 1:02am
lol did you take that you mad ed?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 14th Aug 2007 7:42am
yeah, police threatened to take our phones.
bit of a shite pic coz the batt on me D900 was runnin out so i used me D600.

i got video footage too.

So if you can see this LTI2020 could you please tell me why the police threatened to take our phones?

So if we were reporters, would they take our equipment?

Damn, gotta goto work, laters guys smile
Thanks
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 14th Aug 2007 7:47am
Lol, gotta hand it to ye squire, ye certainly av them minerals my son! grin
Posted By: cat47 Re: Bmw M3 Convertable crash in new brighton - 1st Sep 2007 11:22am
Heard the guy driving had minors in the car and couldve killed them.Also heard that they had been racing up the prom and filming it for you tube.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral