Forums
Posted By: Mark M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 7:48am
THREE men and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a woman's body
was discovered on the M53 in the early hours of the morning.

Police are stressing that the incident is currently being treated only as an unexplained death, but confirmed the arrests.

Being held are a 57-year-old man from Neston, a 40-year-old man from Raby Mere, and a
18-year-old man and woman, both from Thornton Hough.

The woman's body was discovered on the southbound carriageway of the M53 shortly after midnight,
near to the bridges at the Clatterbridge Junction.

It's understood the dead woman, thought to be a 42-year-old from Higher Bebington, had earlier been to a party nearby.

The motorway was closed for several hours in both directions as police carried out their
investigations, causing traffic disruption in the early hours of Easter Monday.

Officers want to speak to anyone who was travelling on the M53 shortly before or after midnight last night.

A post mortem to establish the cause of death will be carried out this afternoon.

The woman's identity will not be formally identified until all next of kin have been informed of her death.

Anyone with any information is asked to Crimestopperrs anonymously on 0800 555111.

The Globe
Posted By: Sanchez Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 8:49am
wow
Posted By: Wheels Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 11:59am
i wondered what it was. heard so many storys.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 12:12pm
Yeah this was on the Granada news yesterday, it all seems very fishy I must say.
Posted By: Pomp Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 2:20pm
"The selected article was not found" Looks like the Globe has took it off or wrong link.

pray omg that motorway junction is by mine!! omg
Posted By: MattLFC Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 2:22pm
I think its because the story has recieved an update since Mark posted the thread.

New Wirral Globe Link
Posted By: MattLFC Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 2:26pm
Here are the BBC reports on the incident, possibly a better place to find the info as they dont remove the reports when they update:

Original Report - similar to the Globe report that Mark posted initially.

Latest Update - similar to the Wirral Globes "current" report on the situation.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 3:32pm
Was a bit of a strange one, we where coming home around 2:00am and saw loads of police cars on the other side, the motorway was closed, yet no sign of mass carnage usually associated with a motorway closure.

Q's on Monday where back from clatterbridge to prenton and everywhere else was mad busy (top and bottom chester roads) from the closure - took me nearly an hour to get off the Wirral to get to my dads!!
Posted By: jonah Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 4:21pm
omg, a few years ago i was on m53 in me truck when a pschyi (sp) got out from clatterbridgeand did a swan dive head first onto the carriageway, i had to pull over, well, stop cos it was across 2 lanes, and the sight of wot was left of that poor soul is something i'll never forget !!!
Posted By: Mark Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 5:21pm
Err i'm not ordering Pizza for Tea now frown

Ive used to hear that the bridge was a favourite for suicides,
but havent heard anything for years, as in casulties.

Wonder how this one will pan out?
Accident or Suicide or Other?
Posted By: MattLFC Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 10th Apr 2007 10:19pm
I rekon its murder hehe.
Posted By: fordsteve Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 11th Apr 2007 7:11pm
defo either that or way to much booze
Posted By: jonah Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 11th Apr 2007 7:26pm
they say its murder, i no someone who was friends with the woman,she been tryin to ring her and got told today it was her mate and she was seein a bloke from neston , and mr plod has arrested a bloke from there
Posted By: Mark Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 11th Apr 2007 10:39pm
Woooooo the plot thickens..

I thought Murder or "I believe i can fly" << Too much booze.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: M53 Unexplained Death? - 11th Apr 2007 10:41pm
I'm glad you explained that one Mark cas I was thinking....R Kelly?? eh? smack
© Wirral-Wikiwirral