Forums
Posted By: Mark Comic Stan to swim Mersey - 16th Mar 2007 11:51pm
COMEDIAN Stan Boardman is to swim the River Mersey in aid of charity, he announced today.

The 69-year-old plans to swim from Liverpool's Pier Head to the Wirral - a distance of at least two-thirds of a mile.

Boardman, who is famous for jokes about "the Germans", hopes the swim will raise cash for the Variety Club of Great Britain, and increase its profile.

He denied the stunt was inspired by comedian David Walliams' cross-Channel swim last year.

He said: "I've always wanted to swim the Mersey, ever since I was a lad and my mother would take us from Liverpool to New Brighton on the ferry.

"I'll take advice on when to do it and what to wear, but I'd really like to do it in one of the old-fashioned woollen cossies.

"People say you should cover yourself in goose fat. I've got some margarine at home, so that should do the trick."

Boardman, who keeps fit by playing football and golf, will do the swim in the summer.

Manchester Evening News

------
Good luck to him, but don't swallow the water?

Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Comic Stan to swim Mersey - 17th Mar 2007 12:25am
If I could swim, then yeah, but who the hell would want to (apart from Stan)?

The poll should be... how many turds, shopping trolleys and used johnnys will he swim past and maybe even swallow?!?! (well, not a shopping trolley obviously)

Good luck to him anyway
Posted By: Mark Re: Comic Stan to swim Mersey - 17th Mar 2007 10:41am
Stan Turdman raftl

But in all fairness the Mersey is a lot cleaner now thumbsup
It has fish in it now learn

I wouldn't swim it with out a rubber ring.
The currents are so bad, either washed out to sea
or in land ??
© Wirral-Wikiwirral