Forums
Posted By: Mark Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 4:56pm
Are there too many traffic lights?
Are you tired of Stop Start on your way to work?

What's your take on all the stop starts around the Wirral.
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 5:11pm
I dont mind, well they aint that bad but some times can get annoying when your in a rush but if you think about what if there isnt any traffic lights. What wud happen if there wasnt any and it was rush hour!!! you cudnt make it out alive.
Posted By: scoop Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 5:56pm
i'd say the stop start is a tad annoying,if they were to add many more i'd be a bit pissed off,roundabouts are the future! birkenhead centre is pathetic
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 6:00pm
I think up at arrow park area has to be one
of the worst spots. As well as dangerous too.
If your unfamiliar with the new road layout.
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 6:19pm
the 1 at arrow park is much metter then the rounderbout that was there but the new layout is still rubish. an lird street is bad for lights theres about 20 sets of lights
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 6:39pm
Could you imagine fast n furious doing a shoot
down laird street lol...

Stop - Start - Stop - Start - Tunnel Charge.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 14th Mar 2007 8:35pm
Laird street is easy to navigate around once you know what lane to be in and direction you're heading. Down by the church, It's a little better than when it was a roundabout, but if you've never been through it before, it's very confusing and people don't watch out for the filter left arrow smack

I still think the new lights further along Laird Street are annoying and pathetic. What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put traffic lights right next to a bus stop? smack smack smack

I'd prefer there to be less traffic lights, especially on the way to work.

As Scoop said, roundabouts are the future - the one in Moreton for example is spot on
Posted By: krisGTi Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 12:11am
Originally Posted by BMW Joe
I still think the new lights further along Laird Street are annoying and pathetic. What idiot thought it would be a good idea to put traffic lights right next to a bus stop? smack smack smack

i dont really c the pint in haveing 2 sets of lights right next 2 each other on that part of the road ur on about joe

an the new roundabout on leasow road is pointless imo
Posted By: Pomp Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 2:38am
Originally Posted by kris 06
the 1 at arrow park is much metter then the rounderbout that was there but the new layout is still rubish. an lird street is bad for lights theres about 20 sets of lights

I dont like the new road layouts at arrow park, i prefer the roundabout even tho its busy. I get confused which lane to take on them an by the time it gets to the traffic lights i cant change lanes and i have to go all the way up the wrong road and find a way to turn around.
Posted By: Mark Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 10:00am
That's why we see you in ASDA all the time lol
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 10:33am
they need to put them on the two junctions on the upton by pass, one were you cut through in to the woodchurch and the other were you turn in to get to the nokki, the fuuckinn nobb heads
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 10:46am
If they are putting up so many lights, they must also get some decent looking hookers to hang round them.

Aceritz says the current lot are right munters... whistle
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 10:53am
pmsl, well he is not going to admit that his mum is a looker now is he !
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 1:10pm

i agree
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 1:52pm
Originally Posted by BMW Joe

i agree

I disagree whistle

Fun isnt in a straight line, and thats a great roundabout to hoon it over when its quiet - the roundabout drops in the middle and as you exit the car goes light and gets a a nice twitch smile
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 16th Mar 2007 5:44pm
lol, I havn't tried that.

Other than that, the actual functioning of it is pointless other than to slow people down and prevent people driving at high speeds in a straight line, which it doesnt even do that as proven by your post Mr Stuy tease
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 20th Mar 2007 12:23am
With regards the red lights, until you reguarly travel around somewhere where there quite simply isnt enough red lights, you don't appreciate how good they can be, they are especially handy for allowing ease of getting out of junctions. I dont think there is too many.

With regards the Leasowe roundabout, it helps a LOT getting out of the estate at peak times and also makes hardly any difference to the flow of traffic on Leasowe road, so it is actually quite a worthwhile development in my opinion/

smile
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 4th Apr 2007 11:47am
Necessary evil IMHO

But that stretch in birkenhead is getting daft. (the one with the swimming pool place on it)
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 4th Apr 2007 1:45pm
You mean Laird Street mate?

smile
Posted By: Tubbs Re: Wirral's Red Lights - 4th Apr 2007 7:20pm
Somebody said that time is an equal-opportunity employer.
We all get 24hours,1440minutes,86000 seconds daily, and we must account for how we use them.So ask yourself how would you spend the next 24 hours trying to get from one side of road to the other if there was no red ligths to let us poor souls with no
CARS GET HOME/??????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral