Forums
Posted By: spinking Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 10:05am
The carpet in my car is wet VERY wet to be honest. My mate who owned the car before me couldnt find were the water was comin from. The underside of my car has no holes and i carnt find any wet patches in the above so i dont think its from the sunroof (carnt rule this out though. Its only wet in the foot wells asp on the passenger side. I am going to get the hole interer retrimed when i buy my front and back bucket seats so dont want to ruin the new carpet or the front seats could anybody help with this. Or does anybody know were i could take it to 1.get it looked at and 2. get it fixed.; Cheers peps
Posted By: Scooby Re: Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 10:22am
Its one of Two things mate : Water ingress
or the Heater Matrix leaking.

Firstly, does you can loose any coolant or do you have to top the coolant up at all ?? If not then its not the heater Matrix, you must be looking at a water ingress. this is allot more difficult to find.

It could be the sunroof as the water would run behind the trim and down the pillars onto the floor. Check the sunroof drain channels arnt blocked. You have two drain holes at the front of the sunroof apputure, try pouring water down them and see if the water drains away or not. If it dosnt then these drain channels are blocked. Get a hi pressure airline and blow them out to clear the blockage, that should sort out the problem.

If its not the sunroof then you have to remove the seats and carpets and possibly some of the interior trim. Rig up a shower for your car with a hosepipe so that your car is getting sprinkled with water (Just as if it was raining hard) Get in the car with a torch and wait for the water to appear onto the floor, trace it back to locate the exact leak and bingo... Repair the defective seal or whatever the problem may be, make sure you test it again before starting to re-build the interior and carpets.

And there you go, easier said than done but this what you have to do mate........
Posted By: spinking Re: Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 10:37am
Great thanxs scooby will have a look on weds hopfully that will cure it.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 4:24pm
I had the same problem in the jeep, turned out to be leaves stuck in the heater matrix!
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 4:26pm
my 325i began to rust in the corrner of the front arches it is very common for it to go round that area have a look to see if theirs a hole in the body on the inside of the arch also if it has had a hole and been welded make sure the garage hasnt just spot welded on a few corners of plate as water would still get round this especially when ya ragging it in the rain other than that i can help anymore mate
Posted By: aceritz Re: Wet floor - 19th Feb 2005 7:57pm
where is the amp power cable running, sometimes if the gromet on these aint tight, they leak more than a sieve
Posted By: spinking Re: Wet floor - 20th Feb 2005 9:35pm
It was wet before i put in the amp in thought it might of been that but its ok.I know the car was in a small crash but that was on the drivers side its mostly on the otherside realy its doing my nut in. If i dont use the car for a day or 2 and it rains when i get in its wet not swimmin but still enough to notice.
Posted By: Dazza Re: Wet floor - 21st Feb 2005 1:41am
Had a similer problem on my Fiesta - Turned out to be the rubberdoorseal had corroded underneath and seaped water in and drained down into the footwell.
Posted By: spinking Re: Wet floor - 21st Feb 2005 2:47am
Had the same problem with my xr2i one of the 1st hings i looked at its getting to the point were i am going to have to strip it down to the shell to find the problem (not to keen on thats) why is it the small problems are the worst mad
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wet floor - 21st Feb 2005 8:43am
My polo used to leak through the door, leaving massive puddles in the foot well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral