Forums
Posted By: Karl focus engine wont start - 1st Mar 2005 9:31pm
had a play with the relays an still couldn't get the indecator to work, but now the car wont start, smack it sounds like it wants to but it doesnt. Any 1 have any idears it was ok yesterday, but now it wont work an need to take it for MOT asap. confused
Posted By: Anonymous Re: engine wont start - 1st Mar 2005 9:39pm
flat battery?? think
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 1st Mar 2005 9:42pm
just put a new 1 in, so cant be that
Posted By: Scooby Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 12:36am
its difficult to say without investigating the problem ?

Is the engine turning over satisfactory ? (Fast or Slow)

Is the engine attempting to start ? (is the engine trying to catch or sound pretty dead)
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 10:57am
had a look at my boost valve an no fule is getting to it at all, but cant find fuse or fule pump, can you help
Posted By: StuyMac Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 11:05am
If youve been playing with the relays, chance are it could be the fuel pump relay / fuse.

Re-seat all the relays youve had out, and check any nearby fuses. Isnt the fuel pump fuse / relay shown on the fusebox cover confused
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 12:36pm
Had a look at the relays an put them all back in but still no fuel. Think there is only one relay for the fuel the pic is just of a petrol pump. An i cant even find the fuel pump. Sorry any more ideas?
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 1:48pm
does any one know where or what the fuel pump looks like on the focus? T reg
Posted By: Scooby Re: engine wont start - 2nd Mar 2005 5:43pm
If my memory serves me right it is in the fuel tank matey smack
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 5th Mar 2005 12:06pm
Had some one come out to day an i have phoned alot of people, an no one seems to know for deffo what the problem is. Thinking now it could be the imobiser, but a few people have said that the car could need reprogaming, want it on the road asap any one got any ideas, or know people that can come out to see the car.
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 5th Mar 2005 9:00pm
all sorted now was a fuse in the wrong place, all that ova a fuse gutted but back on the road this week
Posted By: DavidB Re: engine wont start - 7th Mar 2005 6:12pm
What it the fuel injection fuse? haha!!
Posted By: Karl focus Re: engine wont start - 12th Mar 2005 11:24pm
think so had 3 different people come out to see it a no 1 could work out want was up the 4th persone found the prob an it cost me £30 for him to move it 1inch gutted!
Posted By: Dazza Re: engine wont start - 14th Mar 2005 11:51am
Lesson learned - Dont overlook the problems.

Glad your back on the road matey laugh
© Wirral-Wikiwirral