Forums
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 7:27pm
Buckled two of my 18" RSGT's on my way home from work tonight, not even sure if they're repairable but does anyone know where I could get them repaired quickly and cheaply?
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 7:38pm
The worst one on the front, does it look repairable?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lawton Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 7:46pm
how did you do it mate, i think when you buckle a wheel they have to heat it up to fix it, while that can be done, it will never be as strong as it was oringinally, so could buckle very easily again, if i was you i would get two new wheels
Posted By: Scooby Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 8:01pm
To the best of my knowledge mate they are scrap think
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 8:07pm
i got a nice stet of 16 s goin for 350 if you want mate

gutted about them though, how did you do it jim
Posted By: Dazza Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 9:25pm
Alloys can be repaired but only minor things, unfortunetly id say there no good mate frown
Alloy is a tricky metal to work with
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 10:13pm
Whoa Jimbo! Thats worse than when I did mine!

Luckily I only bent the lip slightly, so I managed to sort it.

Yours look beyond repair though frown unlucky dude
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Alloy wheel repair - 21st Nov 2005 11:16pm
The car in front of me was turning right, so i went to undertake and hit something close to the side of the road. Not sure what it was coz of the thick fog, could've been a brick or just a deep pot hole. Either way that side of the car lifted in the air for a bit and landed heavily on the front wheel buckling it a second time. As if I wasn't in enough debt already, now i gotta fork out more money, and christmas is so close too... smack
Posted By: Scooby Re: Alloy wheel repair - 22nd Nov 2005 9:59am
Jim, go back that way today and take a camera with you. If it is a pot hole the local counsil are responsable and you can claim the damages through them.

Gutted for you mate, i know what you want for xmas omg
Posted By: Scoobys b*tch Re: Alloy wheel repair - 22nd Nov 2005 8:11pm
gutted for you mate, hope you can get something sorted cheaply. i would be crying if that was my alloys.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Alloy wheel repair - 22nd Nov 2005 10:17pm
Looking at getting a set of Asia-Tec Shuriken alloys, either 17" or 18", gonna look at the difference in price when I go to see the fella on saturday as I can use two of my own tyres if I get 18s. Just means borrowing more money happy
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Alloy wheel repair - 23rd Nov 2005 1:49pm
just taken one of my rims to paint and trim in ellesmere port, nice guy, he s goin to do his best to sort out one of mine, try him jim, his number is 01513567500.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Alloy wheel repair - 23rd Nov 2005 8:39pm
They've been deemed unrepairable mate, a trusted body shop told me I would more than likely have a blow out if they got repaired frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral