Forums
Posted By: AX_125 Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 2:09pm
Had some Chavs smash my wing mirror the other night, luckily they only smashed the glass and not the expensive electronics.

Apparently Halfrauds on supply the replacement glass and not the littl plastic holding cover, does anyone know where i could get these, as i dont fancy paying dealer prices.

Went to a couple of scrappies and hardly any of them ever see civics.
Posted By: Mark Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 2:39pm
Sponsor's happy

I know they can help at great prices too.

Click me

Try calling a few for a good price. smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 2:52pm
motorvation in new ferry seems to be quite helpful, also might be worth going to a motor factors like the one in brombourgh village perhaps.

hth smile
Posted By: John WRX Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 3:11pm
Try merseyspeed on Bedford Road in the old bank mate
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 3:15pm
The problem i have is that i can get the glass it's self, it's just that it have a black plastic covering with plastic surround that the glass sticks to which clicks in to place within the wing mirror.

I would probs need this black plastic surround as well
Posted By: John WRX Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 3:18pm
No nails ????? wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 3:27pm
ebay, civic owners sites for people breaking civics, i hear theres a good scrappy on the way to deeside
Posted By: Scooby Re: Wing Mirrors - 24th May 2005 10:45pm
You only have two choices.

The main honda dealership or a scrap yard.

Motor factors connot supply these complete mirror heads, only the stick over type without the frame.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 31st May 2005 9:37am
Dont bother buying the Civic replacement ones from Halfords, they don't fit, luckily I managed to retrieve the plastic holder.

Looks like it is a trip to the scrap yard for me.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 31st May 2005 3:45pm
As i say above, i managed to retrieve the black holding plastic, but glass won't fit, been round loads of scrap yards today, nowhere has a civic in, those that have old parts won't sell me the glass and holding plastic. frown

Looks like an expensive trip to Honda?
Posted By: scoop Re: Wing Mirrors - 31st May 2005 8:24pm
go by my philosophy mate. If it breaks, replace it with an uprated/modified part. Bomex do a mint mirror for the EK. Look at me, im a right little civic head now. Been geekin up on them all night. Readin banzai and everythin
Posted By: DavidB Re: Wing Mirrors - 3rd Jun 2005 9:06pm
Originally posted by John WRX:
Try merseyspeed on Bedford Road in the old bank mate
I always go there, they often sell stuff 1/2 price to all the other places. There is also another that's open all day saturday (unusual for a motor factors), and sunday and bank holidays for those emergency's.
Check out some Honda forums as well.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Wing Mirrors - 4th Jun 2005 12:44am
You tried Wirral spares on borough road? It's great, you go up to the desk, tell them what you're looking for, wait 3-4mins and 9/10 times they come back with exactly what you want smile
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 4th Jun 2005 4:35pm
No scrap yards in birkenhead had any civics of that era in, those that had parts wouldn't sell me just the glass, bought it from Honda in the end for £23 oshocked
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 17th Jun 2005 10:38am
well i fixed this problem, but had someone go up the **** end last night, not having much luck with this car frown
Posted By: Dazza Re: Wing Mirrors - 17th Jun 2005 9:03pm
Gutted for you matey - Post a topic about what happend
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Wing Mirrors - 18th Jun 2005 1:25am
Mate, I'm so gutted. Much damage? Keep us up to date.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Wing Mirrors - 18th Jun 2005 8:18am
Nah not much visible damage, bumper was hanging of, but is repaired now, still hanging of a tiny little bit, think it has some sort of clips holding it in place, one of them might of broken.

Good new is that it flew through its MOT with nothing to report, even though i had my spare Honda alloy on and a flat tyre in the boot. All repaired now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral