Forums
Posted By: Anonymous dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 5:25pm
i have just got myself a new dial unit with speedo and rev counter, ive fitted it, its a simple case of slotting the wiring loom connecter into the slot at the back of the dials unit, however, it is from a newer ibiza that had ABS....

the abs light is permantly on which doesnt bother me however the oil light keeps on flashing and making a horrendous beeping noise which is unbearable.

i know their is nothing wrong with the oil as it has had a recent service....what can i do to stop this hurrendous beeping noise and the light flasihng? help
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 5:30pm
Get a better car think I know youv just had it serviced but check your oil, just to be on safe side smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 5:32pm
there aint an oil problem, i guarantee that it is to do with the fact this set of dials are from a newer ibiza
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 5:44pm
think I tried hehe
Posted By: Anonymous Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 6:23pm
take the bulbs out laugh
Posted By: aceritz Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 9:31pm
take it to a seat dealer
Posted By: Scooby Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 9:52pm
Try tracing the oil pressure wire and connecting it to the correct wire going into the clocks, its obviously got the incorrect wire in there to trigger the oil lamp and buzzer. See if the ABS light can be removed from the clocks or taped over so you carnt see it ??

Or do it Aceritz method, Take a "Special Tool" (F.B.H. Being a FLAMING BIG HAMMER) smash away at the clocks until the ABS light and oil light goes out and then continue to smash the whole car up until the annoying buzzer stops smack
Posted By: aceritz Re: dials.... - 1st Mar 2005 10:32pm
mmmmm, sounds like you need my help their matey, i will be around with my pocket sledge hammer
© Wirral-Wikiwirral