Forums
Posted By: Gary Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 11:00am
i was looking at my tread on me fronts at the weekiend and there aint much tread left so me an lazy ben tried swappin them with the back ones but couldnt get the b*tard nuts off they were on too tight! Any suggestions of how we can do it?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 11:31am
See scooby
Posted By: Mark Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 11:54am
Trun them anti-clockwise ?
That's to your left lol

only kidding but you would be supprised how many people tighten rarther than loosen...

Hope this helps,

Advice : see post above..
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 12:02pm
Originally posted by WebMaster:
Trun them anti-clockwise ?
That's to your left lol
cheeky bugger. they were stuck really tight, Gary was jumping up n down to loosen them but they werent budging. You should take it to the idiots at Peugeot and tell them to loosen the nuts and FIX the knocking sound (that they apparently sorted) confused
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 12:12pm
Get a bigger bar, or a piece of scaffolding pole and slide it over your wheel brace handle. That's what I do anyway, just don't use that method to tighten them up again!
Posted By: Mark Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 12:19pm
You could also heat the Nuts, making them expand.

But your going to have to use somthing bigger
than a lighter or a box of matches.

Dont use this method for putting them back on
as you may burn your fingers lol..

Hope this helps laugh
Posted By: Scooby Re: Wheel nuts jammed - 13th Jul 2004 8:36pm
PMSL.......

Pop it into Autosafe Garage and i will loosen them off for you and re-torque them to the correct torque.

This is a common fault as allot of garages use air guns to tighten the wheel nuts which in turn seriously over-tightens the wheel nuts, At autosafe we use a special Torque socket which only allows the wheel nut to tighten to approx 70 NM (Newton Meters) when used on an air gun and then we finally we fully torque your wheel nuts to the correct setting for your specific vehicle using a Torque Wrench. (Every car has a different torque setting)..........
© Wirral-Wikiwirral