Forums
Posted By: neovo1 boost problems - 8th May 2005 11:52pm
Can someone help me when I put my foot down the car stutters at 3 to 4 thousand revs then suddenly goes?
And when I turn the boost up it stutters right thru the revs its like it wants to go but it can’t
Posted By: Anonymous Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 8:00am
HT Leads??

someone i know has this problem on a Lotus Elan, they put their foot down, the car goes-stops-goes-stops-goes etc, its like hitting a fuel cut.

but then again if its just happening between 3-4k then not too sure frown
Posted By: StuyMac Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 9:03am
Have you played with the boost at all?

Could be a leak in an actuator pipe which is over boosting initially before settling down.

Could be a boost leak in the turbo to inlet pipes, or it could be plugs confused
Posted By: neovo1 Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 11:54am
I took the boost controller of to do the gear box it had small zip ties holding the hoses on but I didn’t put them back on (as I didn’t have any)
Posted By: StuyMac Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 12:31pm
Do you have a boost gauge fitted to know if it is overboosting and hitting fuel cut?
Posted By: neovo1 Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 8:04pm
yes iv got 2 boost gauges 1 std 1 blitz and its not over boosting
Posted By: WhiteEvo Re: boost problems - 9th May 2005 11:13pm
Try bypassing the boost controller, it might be a dodgy solenoid or next cheapest option would be chance the plugs, if your getting a weak spark to start with higher boost will kill it totally, it sounds like its happening right when your boost is coming in.

Another thought, your not using 95ron fuel are you? I had to use 95 in Cumbria in a mildly tuned b4 legacy and it miss fired and hesitated under any load.
Posted By: neovo1 Re: boost problems - 11th May 2005 1:04am
no i use optimax and yes it stutters just as it starts to boost
Posted By: DavidB Re: boost problems - 11th May 2005 8:06pm
Definately an airleak. Might be difficult, but get your head under the bonnet and open the throttle and listen for hissing.
Posted By: neovo1 Re: boost problems - 11th May 2005 11:50pm
iv just got a pdf on how my boost controler is fitted i think it might be wrong so i will check it tomorow and for hissing
:go:
Posted By: neovo1 Re: boost problems - 19th May 2005 2:00am
Some twit (not me) had put the boost hoses on the solenoid the wrong way round
Its boosting better now but I’m getting fuel cut as I’m running 14 psi (I didn’t notice as my boost controller isn’t in psi)
© Wirral-Wikiwirral