Forums
Posted By: Cali_16v Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 1st Mar 2006 3:26pm
Ok so on the recommendation of a few vauxhall people i went out and bought the inlet pipe from MAF to throttle body from a X20XEV however it turned out to be a 1.8 but the part is the same.

So go to fit it and find that my body is a twin butterfly inlet and the ecotec engine is a single butterfly. thus my body is egg shaped and the ecotec is round,

So im at a loss, anyone who has a 2.0 corsa like red20 has this part fitted, how the hell do you do it. it clearly wont fit.

Help me !!!!!!!

Admin Edit : Topic renamed so is search friendly
Posted By: red20 Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 1st Mar 2006 4:21pm
i htink u have to get an adaptor plate have u got pics plz
Posted By: red20 Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 6th Mar 2006 8:22pm
u will need a plate that sits over the top an the ecotec pipe will go st8 on ive got it on mine
rang tweeks for this adaptor and they dont do it. so im stuffed.
Posted By: lawton Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 6th Mar 2006 10:51pm
try courtney etc,
Posted By: DavidB Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 7th Mar 2006 6:35pm
Get a photo up. wink
Posted By: red20 Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 7th Mar 2006 7:44pm
tweeks dont sell them even if thay did they wud pull ur pants down ill take a photo of mine for u tomorw they are around £90 pound an u shud be looking at around 5 to 10 bhp
if u can get sum pic's up i may be able to make u up a adaptor plate in work!! need pics tho!!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 9th Mar 2006 12:11pm
you going out tonight macca i can show you in person.
were is the meet bud coz am up at my nans house up in eastham puttin tryin to put me gsi engine back into me corsa!
The meet is in eastham ferry in the TAP pub
I'll see if i can slip away for abit! me nans is over the road from the hire shop on the a41 by the turn off for eastham ferry on the a41!!
cool. will have to remember the allen key then.
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 10th Mar 2006 11:22am
sori didn't cum lastnig cali bogged down in shit lastnig!!
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 10th Mar 2006 11:31am
not to worry fella. im sure i will sort something.
Posted By: Macca GSI Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 10th Mar 2006 12:59pm
get sum pic's up! and take sum measurements of the pipe size!!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 10th Mar 2006 11:03pm
http://www.v-tuning.com/Air%20Intake.htm

[Linked Image]
speak to tony to make you one if they are expensive, look really simple to make.
Posted By: DavidB Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 11th Mar 2006 10:12pm
Use a bit of drainpipe glued to a thick piece of plastic if you don't want to pay 100 quid for a bit of metal. As long as there is no vaccum leak. wink
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fitting a X20XEV throttle body to a calibra - 13th Mar 2006 11:56am
My good didnt think it would cost that much to buy one.

Im sure someone could make one or i could use plastic. never thought about that..

at least everyone can see what part i need now. i have the pipes just the plate i need. I would get measurments for the machinests out there but im constantly in my car at the moment so havent got time to take the SFI box off.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral