Forums
Posted By: scoop APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:30pm
The shop that has done 95% of my bodywork tasks is so crap that i am now thinking about taking them to trading standards.In november i had a ding meaning i needed a new wing,headlight,repair to the bonnet and bumper(Very minor)
This cost me 400 quid and took a week. Then after a very short space of time the filler in the front bumper cracked under (stress)(poorly hung) i took it back where they had it for another day or so and the same happened again.They then took the car back again fixed it, primed it but could not paint it as i had to leave for scotland that day.While up here in december the filler went again and at xmas i gave them just the bumper (i was sick of bein without a car for days on end)
They got the bumper the day before NY eve and sed it'd be rdy the first tuesday of 05. I phoned them on the second monday askin where it was and they "werent finished, Phone in the morning"
I paid them a visit on the tuesday and got a suspected bent chassis.I realised myself while walkin round with him that the left wing(the one he fitted weeks before) was protruding more than the right so the left wheel was fine(just he welded wonky or got a non for wind that is moulded wrong)BACK ON TOPIC
Anyway he said to my face the bumper will be prepped for sprayin and sprayin will that afternoon and itll be all dry by thursday(day i left)phoned on thursday and the guy sez"its ready come give us the car so we can refit" they had the car for 1hr20mins and i picked it up.Heres what they give me

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

On this last one you can see a tiny scuff wheere it looks like they started to prep it for filling

[Linked Image]

That is how i gave it to them.The centre crack was smaller but it grown due to them chuckin it on and off the car

Do i have a case cos i paid 400 pound to make my car look perfect not an eyesore.They have had enough chances
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:33pm
Also none of my driving lamps work now. I gave them it with 2 working and asked for 2 bulbs to be fitted in the blown ones.I bet they didnt even plug em in. I aint payin the mot peeps to fault find y they aint comin on and fix em
Posted By: Sanchez Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:37pm
who are these cow boys mate
Posted By: Neon-O Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:39pm
Damn mate thats harsh, appauling job especially considering how long they had the thing.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:46pm
You should of gone to our sponsor Kerr Chan he would of done a spot on job for you matey and you wouln't of got all this hassle from cow boyz

i think you would have a strong case agaist this company as long as you have all the photographic evidace with the time stamped on the pitures

i hope that you get this sorted soon matey i hate not having my motor spot on so i came imagine how you feel dude

keep us up to date with what you decide fella
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 8:49pm
Mentioning no names but the shop is exceedingly close to kerr chan. I thought they wud be best because they fitted the front bumper and they did a good job. The back bumper and spoiler they also let me down on. I have no date and time on piccies but we'll just see. ill email T standards tomorrow
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 9:11pm
eek happy
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 9:39pm
That is a richbrook sports grille mate, bolts into the standard holes, on my bumper used to be motor world mesh and it was bodyfillered onto the front bumper.rear is still in but front came out in crash
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 10:10pm
Originally posted by scoop2004:
Mentioning no names but the shop is exceedingly close to kerr chan.
if it is the one i have heard about then what i have heard are all bad thing matey people arn't happy with the stadards of there work
Posted By: dikky5 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 11:02pm
ouch. if u got reciepts 2 say work will b dun. And this evidence 2 say it aint u ave gud case. word o mouth is harder. why the hell did u accept the car back worse than when u left it ther?? i wudnt o left till it were perfect!!!!!
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 11:10pm
I need my car!! otherwise i wud have left it.They had the bumper 2 and a half weeks and never lifted a finger. They are utter rubbish.They can go to hell. They are gettin sued
Posted By: dikky5 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 11:25pm
do it. do u have invoices/ quotes. if so go 2 ur soliciter and get a letter sayin they r constructin a claim. Show them it and they will sooon giv u ur 400quid bk. If uve got paperwork/ evidence they aint a leg 2 stand on. Defo seek legal advise
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 14th Jan 2005 11:39pm
That really is bad. I thought the bodyshop in question was supposed to be insurance approved as well.

It truly is a bodged job. Hope you get it sorted.
Posted By: joe Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 15th Jan 2005 3:54pm
i had same problems with same bodyshop with many thing plus a whole lot more so recently a took it to another bodyshop and got it totally re-done now its the way it shud be
Posted By: aceritz Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 15th Jan 2005 6:47pm
cow boys
Posted By: Phil_G Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 15th Jan 2005 10:09pm
I would approach trading standards, and I think it likely (despite how obvious it is) they will request an independant engineers report into the repair (or lack thereof) stating the defects.

however, as has been said, you will have to go through the polava of producing reciepts, arguing it out etc. Another idea would be to find out whether that bodyshop is a member of a watchdog or trade association and lodging a complaint with them too

Cheers and good luck pal

Phil
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 15th Jan 2005 10:20pm
Ill complain to the boss of the bodyshop and follow the advice given to me by trading standards. I think they will settle it out of court basically their ultimatum is "fix it NOW or give me the money to get it fixed elsewhere"failing that i will complain to their trade association and get in touch with the family solicitor to sue them for the cost of the repair + inconviniences
Posted By: Scooby Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 15th Jan 2005 11:36pm
I know the bodyshop in question and to be honest the owner isnt too approachable smack

First step would be to make your complaint know to the manager/Owner and see if you can reach a soloution.

Failing this you state the bodyshop is insurance approved ? Was the work done as part of an insurance claim because if it was you can get the insurance company involved.

If an insurance company was not involved and it was a normal paying job then try Trading Standards for what its worth......

This would probably involve going through the small claims courts and allot of hassle, thats if the owner of the bodyshop dosnt have "Words" with you first ??

Tread Carefully, i would suggest to approach the company and try to resolve the matter with minimal fuss....
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 16th Jan 2005 12:36am
the best idea as with anything like this i think, like scooby says approach the owner first.

Try and avoid confrontation, send him a formal letter, and put it in that youve got legal advice in place and put that youve have been advised that by rights your are under statuatory rights to have work completed to a higher standard than what it was. Most companys nowadays will do anything to avoid legal resolve or a claims court, especially if they are in the wrong! i had a similar sort of problem a few months back and as soon as i threw the legal line in he made a cash settlement happy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 16th Jan 2005 3:31am
I agree with scooby yes
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 16th Jan 2005 4:03am
Scooby and Rossi have got the right idea, get a formal letter done and hopefully that'll do the trick. Good luck with it mate, keep us informed on how you get on happy
Posted By: evo ad Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 16th Jan 2005 12:24pm
Think I know which one yer on about. If it's the same one then I know someone who bought a car from there with little mot remaining so they asked if they would put a 12 months MOT on, which they did.

I went to look at the car with them before they put the 12 months MOT on the car and the sills had BADLY corroded to the point of MASSIVE holes in the sills. We're talking inches here by the way. We expected the holes to be filled and sprayed to pass the MOT but instead came back in exactly the same condition with a new 12 months MOT.

Makes me wonder if they really care at all about anything?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 18th Jan 2005 8:37pm
Originally posted by evo ad:

Makes me wonder if they really care at all about anything?
Couldnt have said it any better myself
Posted By: Steve285 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 18th Jan 2005 9:18pm
If they had done that to mine mate i would sue them an if that failed fire bomb the garage
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 18th Jan 2005 9:26pm
i get as much money out of him as poss hes ****ed you about no end. I think its only about fifty quid to put a case forward in the small claims, and if he decides not to go ahead with the case then you will have won. I see your family solicitor mate but thats me. Or on the other hand trash his shop lol
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 19th Jan 2005 12:32am
I dont think its the same one ad. Its only a bodyshop so i cant imagine them MOT'ing a vehicle or even selling them. Am gonna tell em to fully fix it or give me the money to pay someone else to do it(kerr) And if they refuse to do one of those 2 things then i am in my rights to take them to court and i WILL win. I have a feeling they wil get it fixed.Its not exactly hard.So far theyve just been workshy f**ks and not put the effort in to filler it properly.When the courts looming then they will get an incentive to put there skills to work.(I assume they have some)Ill keep u posted
Posted By: AX_125 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 19th Jan 2005 8:25am
I was going to go with this body shop to get my car repaired, luckily Kerr was slightly cheaper, thank god for that.
Posted By: dj_russell_plays_trance Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 20th Jan 2005 10:04pm
just get ur cash bak and take it 2 kerr chann!!!!they r obviously cowboys!!!!i wouldnt trust them 2 do it!!!!
Posted By: aceritz Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 21st Jan 2005 12:41am
personally i would refuse for them to fix it, get a quote off kerr then go around the back of his place to see this other one with your written quote and tell them to cough up
Posted By: Neon-O Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 1st Feb 2005 7:17pm
Car being fixed at the mo.Get it back tomorrow and ill let ya know how it is (posted by me but on owens comp)too lazy to sign in
Posted By: Phil_G Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 2nd Feb 2005 9:27pm
SO hows it gone then chap?

Phil
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:19am
Okay guys and gals; Got it back today and.............

Its CRAP.

From a distance it looks normal apart from a small gap between nearside headlamp/bumper but get close up and theyve F'd up the respray. All stress cracks are filled and there is one small bulge where it was filled too high. Other problems are

1. My reg plate fell off on one side when i first touched it after gettin it back
2. There is runny laquer behind the above and behind the reg.
3. They have burnt parts of the laquer with the buffer
4. The laquer rected with the paint on the nearside adge causing pimples(and i mean BIG ones)

All in all theyve done a p**s poor job of it. It looked ok(ish) when i looked at it with im but then i drove it straight to kerr to see if what the guy said was true (its impossible to get it perfect)

Kerr says coupla hundred qid and itll be gleamin and mounted strate.

Also while drivin home we noticed the boot wasnt closed, it was aqueekin about knockin me spoiler onto me rear wings.And both seats were covered in dustand there were dusty handmarks on my dash,also things had moved around inside the car//ie/ my incredible tissues.Those tw*ts took my car for a cruise obviously. Pics will be up soon and im lookin for a solicitor now.

Dont go to this bodyshop. They are crap

Kerr rules
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:29am
my mate is havin some work done on his clio there, i told him that they are **** but he is going there because it is cheap, the car is actually a write off. Im sure it is the same place you went to!
Posted By: scoop Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:32am
They may be ok at standard cars but kittin them up i say steer well well clear.Kerr is the best and he takes so much pride in his work.
He wouldnt let a car out of his shop in the condition mine is in. It is an embarrasment to me and the guys hu fixed it. They have no shame
Posted By: Anonymous Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 10:53am
Scoop have u actually ever had any work done by Kerr, now im not sayin he is or he isnt but how can you say he is the BEST? Its a bit wrong to put that mate. IMO. Anyway hope you get ya car sorted, must say they have done a shocking job on it.

G
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 11:59am
yeah hope u get your car sorted mate! smile

i agree wif gti180 tho, kerr does do a good job for a lot of ppl, and is a sound feller, but i wudnt say he is the best. But still, he does work on a lot of quality cars so i'd trust him. ive heard its because kerr doesnt dry the cars in an oven, aparantly paint can sometimes set differently if you dont dry it in an oven (that wat my mate sed neway, his car peeled after kerr did it) but like i say, i wudnt have a go at kerr, he doesnt some quality work and a lot of peeps trust him smile
Posted By: Neon-O Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:01pm
IMO Kerr can get a little over pricing .... he quoted me about £300 just to respray my door, nevr had work done myself but have seen some of his stuff and it has the impression to be good.

But ive also seen up close the shoddy job done to Scoops car ..... even if advising to go to Kerr's isnt right ... advising not to go to the one right around the corner is an under-statement.

Hope ye get it sorted (properly) soon matey.
Posted By: Superdavelotus Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:02pm
shame about the news. I always use Sprayforce or Penisular 4x4 (sponsors) in Moreton for all my cars. They do a good job and also a pretty cheap.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:04pm
I used kerr in the past, very pleased with the results, he maybe overpriced, but at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:11pm
Don't get me wrong I wasnt commenting on Kerrs work i was just stating that its wrong to say he is the BEST. Martin at sprayforce always does a cracking job as well so its personal prefernce really!!
Posted By: rossi-foci Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 12:19pm
yeah definately i wernt sayin that either.
the good thing about kerr is tha tbecause he has a good rep and he is a nice feller, that if anything did go wrong i'm sure he'd sort it no prob.
Posted By: Scooby Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 5:51pm
Kerr isnt the best out there but does he charge the most expensive prices ?? Nope he dosnt. Neither is he expensive, He may well be more expensive that some other bodyshops but i know he is allot cheaper than allot of bodyshops.

I can pledge for Kerr's workmanship 100%. He has painted both my Porsche Boxster and My Subaru Impreza and top top job.

Do you really want to take your car to the CHEAPEST bodyshop and end up with results like Scoop and appauling after service ??

You generally get what you pay for in this life.

I have not had any work done by Sprayforce nor Automotion, however i know people whom have and they are happy with the results happy

If anyone is looking for a good reptable bodyshop then check out our Sponsers page...
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 3rd Feb 2005 8:53pm
yeah your right scooby automotion are great at what they do they have done a lot of work for me, joe and tony and all result are good they can even supply you with a courtesy car at no extra cost. Am all for Automotion.
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 4th Feb 2005 1:43am
my mate got his car back from the bodyshop in question and aparently it is immaculate and looks perfect....i havent seen it yet, but another mate is havin a full repsray tomorrow and a spoiler fitted to his corsa...
Posted By: DavidB Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 5th Feb 2005 2:11am
Can you PM me with the name of this place as I need a few bits doing on my car and don't want to inadvertantly visit this sh*thole.

That work look terrible, I've done 100 times better with P38 and Halfords rattle cans.
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 6th Feb 2005 2:39pm
automotion is a sponsor now and all the details should be under sponsors mate.
Posted By: Tony MK2 Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 7th Feb 2005 3:34pm
Do you really want to take your car to the CHEAPEST bodyshop and end up with results like Scoop and appauling after service ??

You generally get what you pay for in this life.

I have not had any work done by Sprayforce nor Automotion, however i know people whom have and they are happy with the results happy

If anyone is looking for a good reptable bodyshop then check out our Sponsors page..
Posted By: Basskiddanny Re: APPAULING BODYSHOP - 8th Feb 2005 10:53am
just dropped 2 of my mates cars off at this bodyshop again, one had some repair work done on his clio and the door that was repaired keeps scratching on the body, also the bonnet was not sprayed properly (could see some of the old colour on the sides), the only other complaint on the clio is that he obviously didnt take the handle off when he sprayed the door, because u can see the old colour behind it.

The lad with the corsa had a bonnet respray and a spoiler fitted, he has no complaints he says.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral