Forums
Posted By: Go Go Gadget Turbo Timer - 1st Mar 2005 3:22am
i have seen in the mags all the differnt turbo timers and th prices do not vary much.

just wondering if i could have some advice and info on the leading brands.

who reckonmends what????
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Turbo Timer - 1st Mar 2005 10:11am
Depends what your after matey smile

Ive always had Blitz turbo timers on my cars, they have a feed to the boost / vac supply and work out how long to run down the car from the amount of boost your can has been running. It also works as a boost gauge with peak hold etc, the timer is also adjustable for sensitivity.

The HKS timers have connections which you need to tap in to you ECU loom for, these work the time out from how hard the car has been revved. They also have connections to the speed sensor etc, and can work out 0-60, standing 1/4 etc, however, they are not very accurate as they do not take in to allowance any wheel spin.

The Blitz unit is very small with a main control unit that can be mounted under the dash.

Also, Im guessing not many of the Jap units will supply a harness to connect to your ignition so it will need hardwiring in - though this is not difficult smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Turbo Timer - 1st Mar 2005 6:18pm
make sure your alarm etc is compatable with a turbo timer before you get it smile
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Turbo Timer - 2nd Mar 2005 10:21am
They are pretty much all standalone systems frown

This means it doubtful your remote central locking / alarm / imobiliser will work while the timer is running.

On the Nissans there is a mod you can do to trick the ecu in to thinking the engine is off though, and will enable arming of the alarm, and the central locking - though the imobiliser wont kick in straight away as it works on a delay from when the motor shuts off.
Posted By: tony_220 Re: Turbo Timer - 6th Mar 2005 12:38pm
ive just bought a greddy one so ill tell u how it is go go!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral