Forums
Posted By: lawton Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:09pm
came back from collage yesterday and found a little pool of oil on the drive way so first thing today i jacked it up and traced the oil and found the sump has a little hole in it, so i took it to my dads mates garage and he said a new sump is about £140 from vauxhall so rang aroung and i can get a new sump and gasket for about £60. think that a pretty good price but my dads mate wants £60 to put in on for me and as i work 7 days a week i dont have time to do it my self, so does anyone no where i can get it done any cheaper or should i get my dads mate to do it when i now he will do a decent job.
Posted By: aceritz Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:17pm
try a garage mate there are a few in the sponsors page, if you go to a garage they usaully guarntee their work, although your dads mate will do it, it wont be case of any probs in the next 12 months bring it back
Posted By: Scooby Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:21pm
car details matey ??
Posted By: lawton Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:31pm
corsa 1.4 16v sport 1995
Posted By: Scooby Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:46pm
Does it look somit like this ??

[Linked Image]

Or is it an alloy sump ??
Posted By: lawton Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 9:48pm
yeah its like that. why whats the difference between the two
Posted By: Scooby Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 10:33pm
An alloy sump is like this....

[Linked Image]

Obviously the top one is made from pressed steel and this one is made from alloy smack
Posted By: lawton Re: Leaking sump - 2nd Mar 2005 10:47pm
yeah its defently the top one. how much would you charge scooby to fit a sump and gasket. cheers for the advice
Posted By: Scooby Re: Leaking sump - 3rd Mar 2005 10:31am
You would have to phone me at work mate, 0151-645-3510
© Wirral-Wikiwirral