Forums
Posted By: DavidB Fricition through steering wheel...? - 23rd Jun 2005 6:41pm
When I turn the steering wheel, moving or stationary, it feels excessively rough, and when the clutch is applied, I can really, really feel it through the pedal. Christ knows what's happened here, is it rubbing on the cylinder, or what? think
Any ideas? smack
Posted By: Scooby Re: Fricition through steering wheel...? - 23rd Jun 2005 11:07pm
Has this happened since this ??

I gave up today after three weeks of my car sitting on the drive, and removed the lock surround and the ignition barrel (by destroying it with a drill), but too much damage has occured to the lock itself, so will need another one.
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Fricition through steering wheel...? - 24th Jun 2005 12:18am
You handling any differently? I had a similar thing with mine after I had some work done, turns out they'd unbolted the sub-frame and not put it back properly!
Posted By: DavidB Re: Fricition through steering wheel...? - 24th Jun 2005 11:40am
No (to scooby's question), I hardly even touched the column to disturb it. Definately no hammers. The ignition barrel was removed after the surround was taken out (in a vice).

I don't think it's handling any different though. I'm going to check it out after work. wink
Posted By: jimbo4x4 Re: Fricition through steering wheel...? - 24th Jun 2005 9:22pm
I had more body roll round right hand bends.

Just for the record the work wasn't done by any of the site sponsers.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Fricition through steering wheel...? - 25th Jun 2005 1:42pm
i recon its your stearing rack.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral