Forums
Posted By: neovo1 dam oil change - 23rd May 2005 11:53pm
I changed the oil in the gto at the weekend and now it got a taping noise it started when I put engine flush in and the new oil isn’t helping its fully synthetic 10/40 motul 300v its running better but noisier any iv been told it’s the lash adjusters anyone got any ideas
Posted By: Scooby Re: dam oil change - 24th May 2005 7:29am
If its when you flushed the engine oil it has to be down to oil not getting through to the tappets correctly. You may have dis-lodged some carbonated oil and partually blocked a oil gallery. Either that or the oil you are now running is too thin therefore not building enough oil pressure.

Do you have an oil pressure gauge fitted and if so is it reading the correct oil pressure ?

Consider using a thicker engine oil if the pressure is down or a reputable oil additave to help boost the oil pressure up.

I presume you did change the oil filter when you changed the oil ?
Posted By: neovo1 Re: dam oil change - 13th Jul 2005 11:24pm
yes i changed the filter and the oil is right for the car the tick has moved now from the front to the back of the engine im hopeing it will flush out soon
Posted By: DavidB Re: dam oil change - 15th Jul 2005 12:44am
It sometimes helps to use thicker oil as the car gets a bit older. Those big japanese engines do absurdly high milage before they break though.
Posted By: neovo1 Re: dam oil change - 20th Jul 2005 1:38am
might be that but it was ok till i put the engine flush in and changed the oil
© Wirral-Wikiwirral