Forums
Posted By: djrenegade Rover metro parts - 20th Feb 2005 11:24pm
Does anyone know, will the modern chrome door handles and window wipers fit on to a metro as they are a slightly different style..?

The handbrake is all one piece so hasnt got a screw-off end to add a more stylish end, so how do i go about changing the handbrake..?

And, does anyone know if there is such a thing as dash paint so i could paint my dash board red, if so, were from and how much..?

Thanks in advance for all help given
Posted By: scoop Re: Rover metro parts - 20th Feb 2005 11:40pm
Handbrake-Mine didnt screw off,it had to be cut with a stanley blade and peeled away.May be similar with urs but see first??

Paint-Ive done my dash in normal paint for my car (ford mint green mmmm) Use plastic primer,then colour of ur choice,then laquer.Ideally take the dash off the car

Thats all i know mate
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover metro parts - 20th Feb 2005 11:46pm
my handbrake is all one pice but its all black metal right down the the base, one big rod, so would i have to get the whole handbrake changed??

And I will take the dash off to paint it, but will any plastic primer do, and the colour of my choice, what type of paint is that??
Posted By: scoop Re: Rover metro parts - 21st Feb 2005 12:04am
try to get the right primer for the material ur dash is made of. normal car paint can go ontop of that.either in tin for a compressor or spraycan form.
Handbrake- cud u not fit the handbrake sleeves over the metal rod??? thats all aftermarket handbrakes are.Metal tubes
Posted By: djrenegade Re: Rover metro parts - 21st Feb 2005 12:09am
i could, but then to get a nice modern chrome hand brake tip with the button, i cant just unscrew the old one, i will have to get a new handle i think
Posted By: scoop Re: Rover metro parts - 21st Feb 2005 12:16am
Not sure what u mean dude.Not sure at all.Most handbrake handles are just metal shafts about 2 inches in diameter and ALL aftermarket handles are just tubes that slide over ur shaft.U stick a gaitor on the back and put the button thru the hole at the front=sorted
© Wirral-Wikiwirral