Forums
Posted By: XxKinkyxX paint work - 6th Jul 2005 2:47pm
i want to get my car sprayed with glitter sparkles . ive got the paint i think now im just wondering can anyone help find the lacquer? has anyone donethis before themselves. iv got a bodyshop to do it in but need an idea about it first? any help?
Posted By: djrenegade Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 2:52pm
cant you just buy a load of lacquer from focus lol

nah, give sprayforce a ring or one of the other sponsors and im sure they can give you enough advice about it all.
Posted By: XxKinkyxX Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 2:55pm
not really ive been to a bodyshop this morning already. i wanted really to speak to some one who had done it themselves?
Posted By: aceritz Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 5:49pm
its basically like spraying the whole car again, its not really advisable to undertake this yourself unless you know wot you are doing

all you do is mix the 'sparkles' in with the lacquer and spray, but the 'sparkles' will block up your nozzle and cause it to splutter resulting in shed loads of over spray
Posted By: lazy_ben Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 6:16pm
I think a certain type of spray gun is needed when painting with metal flake.
Posted By: aceritz Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 7:05pm
just one with a larger nozzle which also comes with its problems
Posted By: spinking Re: paint work - 6th Jul 2005 7:29pm
I did this on my mates spare bonnet HARD JOB.
I would get a pro to do it i am good with a spray gun and i must admit it really was a hard job.

When the nozzle blocks you unblock it go back to were the glitter didnt hit the paint and start again and if you mess it up you end up with loads of glitter in the one place.

I will have a word with my mate cos i think there is a new thing in a wax jelly that has just come out were its like waxing your car but glittering it instead i will ask him 2night let you know at the meet.

NOT SURE HOW TRUE THIS IS THOUGH ANYBODY ELSE HEARD OR IT? think
Posted By: XxKinkyxX Re: paint work - 11th Jul 2005 1:20pm
well the bloke who is goin to do it for me . he does things like this for a living but isnt to sure on the size of the nozzle he would need for the flakes im buying. thanks anyway guys. tupac let me know anyway what your mate says.
Posted By: DavidB Re: paint work - 11th Jul 2005 11:02pm
Even with metallic it's difficult, and you've got to the keep the gun moving, otherwise, you'll get an excess of 'glitter' in one area.
I've seen cars with it on (like green base with gold flakes, it looks mad), but not many. Expect to pay for the job, I can't think of anything more difficult. (apart from spraying acid or something).

Can't you just do like in school, just cover the whole car in pritt stick and sprinkle all the metal flakes over it for (for now). smile
Posted By: Johnny Alan Re: paint work - 1st Sep 2005 5:48pm
Pete in automotion is the best one to speak to ive seen some of his work with this spray and he does a great job but he told me it is very time consuming as once sprayed and dryed you have to sand it back and get it all flat again and the relacquer it otherwise your left with a lumpy finish where the glitter sits. His prices are very good aswell plus he will provide you with a free coutesy car.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral