Forums
Posted By: Gary headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 3:58pm
my left light was brigter than my right side (when looking at the car) so i thought id just need 2 new bulbs! not the case ive just paid £22 for new bulbs and still the same problem!!! when just my sidelights are on theyre the same brightness. any ideas whats up??? its pi*sin me off now.
Posted By: Mark Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 6:39pm
Shot in the dark : Bad Earth ?
Posted By: Scooby Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 7:48pm
Two things it could be think think think

A wiring problem (Have you checked your fuses ??)

Or a faulty bulb (It does Happen....)

It sounds like your sidelamp is only on with the dull bulb and your headlamp is working correctly on the other one.....
Posted By: Anonymous Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 8:01pm
might be that one is pointing higher than the other? mine need lining up properly but i aint got round to it yet!
Posted By: Gary Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 8:53pm
i aint got a clue if its a faulty fuse how would i check? and ive jsut bought new bulbs so shouldnt be them and both sidelights are working. but the dimmer 1 does point down compared to the other one.i think thats why it looks dimmer to be honest. how would i fix that?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 9:05pm
best taking it to somewere that does MOT's, they'll have all the measurements of where the lights should be pointing etc, if you find anywere that does it for free give me a shout as i need mine aligning laugh
Posted By: Gary Re: headlight problem! - 26th Oct 2004 11:35pm
no probs mate, pingu had a go before with a screw driver, it lined them up abit better but one doesnt go as high so still slightly wonky but abit better
© Wirral-Wikiwirral