Forums
Posted By: Anonymous Honda to Seat alloy Help - 12th Mar 2005 1:33pm
i am going to be looking at gettin 17's soon in replacement of my 16's, i would like to know what work is required to make honda fitment alloys fit seat fitment and is it easy? i know they a very close alignment...
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 12th Mar 2005 2:38pm
u buyin andys wheels off him. how cum ur changin urs already?
Posted By: aceritz Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 12th Mar 2005 3:12pm
changing the wheel alignment aint that easy of a job.
why not look for a seat wheel
Posted By: Dazza Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 14th Mar 2005 2:05pm
Am not a mastermind of this but you are either going to have to buy wheelsspacers or a hub conversion :S

I agree with Aceritz, you'll find it alot easier to buy wheels for the Seat - By the time you but the alloys and get them fitted (which may be v hard to do i.e camber adjustments or uneven treadwear) it may be cheaper to get Seat alloys my friend.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 14th Mar 2005 2:45pm
There are 3 factors to define wether they will fit or not:

1) Stud Pattern
2) Center bore
3) Offset

1) Your studs will need to be the same PCD as a honda or its really pointless failing re-drilling the stud holes in the wheels.

2) The center bore if smaller can be machined out to fit your car, though if its bigger you can get plastic locators to help smile

3) Offset, you can use spacers and longer studs to over come an offset where they are to close to the struts, though if its to large your gonna be rubbing arches etc and there isnt anything you can do frown

Basically if you find the details for both cars, and they are near enough you should be OK happy

Though the only way to be sure the fitment is totally correct, is buy wheels intended for a Seat.
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 14th Mar 2005 8:41pm
sell ur 16s get ur 3 spokes on agin and by the correct fitment 4 ur seat pal will b easier!!!!!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 19th Mar 2005 4:54pm
why them 3 spokes one dikka doo?
Posted By: scoop Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 19th Mar 2005 9:02pm
Originally posted by Evo 7 Babe:
why them 3 spokes one dikka doo?
So his still has somethin to roll on while he sells his current ones to make money to get his new ones
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 19th Mar 2005 9:04pm
ah right. It didnt click. Good thinking yes
Posted By: CorsaJohn Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 21st Mar 2005 11:45am
lol aggy just stick with ur 16s for now an see what its like once the kit is on

Bit of a blonde moment there laura
Posted By: dikky5 Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 21st Mar 2005 9:45pm
dont worry laura we all have blonde moments. i once 4got to cook my dinner so my mum did it 4 me. shes gud like that
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Honda to Seat alloy Help - 3rd Apr 2005 10:35pm
hehe smack
© Wirral-Wikiwirral